You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gear_Jamer

fuso

10 comments in this topic

[PC]
[PC]
Members
88 posts
3,157 battles

Some one explain to me about her guns 12 shells and 2 hit how do i make them more accurate what range do i have to be for that.

[VVV]
Members
349 posts
2,270 battles
13 minutes ago, Gear_Jamer said:

Some one explain to me about her guns 12 shells and 2 hit how do i make them more accurate what range do i have to be for that.

That's just battleship dispersion. They are just inaccurate. There are some ways to decrease dispersion, but they only affect it a little bit. If you want something more accurate, try cruisers.

Try moving up with your cruisers, don't try and snipe from long range.

Remember, just because you have that long firing range doesn't mean you have to always use it.

Edited by AtlanticRim
  • Cool 1

[PC]
[PC]
Members
88 posts
3,157 battles

oh okay it's just 12 guns you would think you would get more hit's than you do just thought i was doing something wrong maybe to far away.

[VVV]
Members
349 posts
2,270 battles
Just now, Gear_Jamer said:

oh okay it's just 12 guns you would think you would get more hit's than you do just thought i was doing something wrong maybe to far away.

Well, its like this: If I, someone who has never played darts before threw 12 darts at a dart board, I have a good chance of hitting 1 or 2 darts, but not hitting most of them. Also, I edited my original post with some more useful info:

5 minutes ago, AtlanticRim said:

Try moving up with your cruisers, don't try and snipe from long range.

Remember, just because you have that long firing range doesn't mean you have to always use it.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,530 posts
3,526 battles

Fusos guns are a little tricky at long range (15km+) because the shells slow down allot which means having to lead the target more. I found the best range for her is to be 12-13km away from the targets

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,222 posts
8,387 battles

Running in my T6 - T8 cruisers the Fuso is on my short list of boats to fear at all costs. That shotgun blast of shells is a citadel machine no matter what you do. 

Move up a bit and focus cruisers more. Plenty of pretty premium cruisers in that bracket to get respect from.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
83 posts
5,492 battles
3 hours ago, Scotty_SE said:

Plenty of pretty premium cruisers in that bracket to get respect from.

I am one of those "pretty premium cruisers". When I see a Fuso coming I drop my 9k torps, hit speed boost and head the other way. Never fails that one of those shotgun blast, to who it may concern shells go right into my citadel and blow up! 

Edited by JBR40

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,045 battles
10 hours ago, Gear_Jamer said:

Ok thanks I get it now she is not so much a sniper then.

You have to remember that with IJN BBs.

They have long range, great dispersion, but as with other BBs, the closer you get the better the chances of hitting.  Just because you can fire at long range doesn't mean that is your typical / preferred engagement range.  Get as close as you can to more easily hit targets (esp Cruisers) without being too close that you start eating torpedoes and get focus fired.  The long range is simply a means on getting shots off as you close in for the real fight, i.e. your DDs are spotting enemy Cruisers and BBs 19km away from you.  You got the option to take some potshots.  The likeliness of hits aren't great, but sometimes those are rewarding.  It's satisfying landing a citadel on a Cruiser or BB at 19-20km, before the real fight begins.  For me with Fuso, my preferred engagement range was 12-16km.  12km is my normal minimum safe range because Fuso isn't a brawler and it keeps me out of torpedo ranges.  17-18km was dicey but doable.  19km+ wasn't the norm but I'll take the chances and hope for the best.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,313 posts
9,410 battles
10 hours ago, Gear_Jamer said:

Ok thanks I get it now she is not so much a sniper then.

In truth, no BB in game is really a sniper, IJN BB's can do it in a pinch, and the Fuso is the king of the opening volley Pensacola getting devastating struck clips.

My preferred range for IJN BB's is about 14km, much further out and dispersion will look like the lottery. I don't mind getting into brawls in my IJN BB's, I just don't want to be the first friendly ship in the brawl if I can help it.