Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TankzGirl

Des Moines Ridiculous Radar

31 comments in this topic

Members
12 posts
9,166 battles

I've spent many $$ on this game since it was released, and countless hours of my life grinding many ships.

I have a 19 pt Shima and 19 Gearing, which have been essentially neutered because of the Des Moines ridiculous

radar. Since WG has ignored the thousands of requests to nerf the damn thing, I'll go find something else to play.

TYVM.

You can reply but I won't see it.  Not logging back into the forum. Bye.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 7

Members
569 posts
13 battles

Let's see which happens first:

1. The DD mafias enter and spread their "Woe are DDs" crusade

2. This thread merged into the radar dumpster thread

3. This thread locked up

[KRAK]
Members
938 posts
12,934 battles
4 minutes ago, TankzGirl said:

I've spent many $$ on this game since it was released, and countless hours of my life grinding many ships.

I have a 19 pt Shima and 19 Gearing, which have been essentially neutered because of the Des Moines ridiculous

radar. Since WG has ignored the thousands of requests to nerf the damn thing, I'll go find something else to play.

TYVM.

Odd that you pick the DM to complain about as it only has 9.9 km radar and the largest detection range of any of the radar ships aside from Moskva which has a radar range of almost 12 km.

The DM is easy to avoid.

• Cool 3

Members
613 posts
7,263 battles

I don't think this guy hasn't yet experience when under the radar range of the current Wooster...
But... Bye... I guess...

[ACES_]
Beta Testers
249 posts
3,479 battles

i tease radar ships all the time don,t nerf them it will spoil my fun

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles
31 minutes ago, TankzGirl said:

TYVM.

I really hate this sort of post.

If you're not going to get back onto the forum, why bother posting?

Furthermore, as much as I'd like to see some changes to radar, radar in its current flawed state isn't the end of the world, for crying out loud.  If you're this bent out of shape over radar as a DD player, you must not be a very good DD player if you can't adapt.  It's just that simple.  I play DDs a lot.  And I manage to do more than well enough even when playing in battles with lots of radar.  You just have to adapt to it and know what you're doing, rather than keep on doing the same thing you always do, get owned, and throw temper tantrums because you're not able to do what you always do.

• Cool 2

[AXANR]
Members
3,354 posts
16,514 battles
1 hour ago, TankzGirl said:

TYVM.

It's not an airport. You don't have to announce your departure.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

[-WPG-]
Members
729 posts
3,133 battles
56 minutes ago, Amatsukaze_KaiNi said:

I don't think this guy hasn't yet experience when under the radar range of the current Wooster...
But... Bye... I guess...

Worcester and Seattle's radars have been nerfed to 9km, so DM now has better radar.  

Members
3,629 posts
13,443 battles

Goodbye.gif.4fa189dcb128bb7ff1dfaf4319d2e6dc.gif

BTW, can I have your stuff?

Edited by ReddNekk
  • Bad 1

Members
1,167 posts
501 battles

TYVM.

• Bad 1

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles

TYVM.

Related image

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[IXM]
Members
191 posts
3,333 battles

OP has 77 games in the Gearing, 755 in the Shima, 1300+ in the Umakaze, and 1800+ in the Isokaze.  I have a strong feeling that OP rarely encountered Des Moines radar at T2 and T4.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,932 posts
6,435 battles

TYVM.

#1, just because you spend money doesnt mean you get to have special treatment, because you mentioning that you "spend many $$ on this game" makes it seem like you think youre entitled to something, youre not
#2, radar alone hasnt "neutered" DDs
#3, dont let the door hit you on the way out 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles
Just now, Kyralee said:

OP has 77 games in the Gearing, 755 in the Shima, 1300+ in the Umakaze, and 1800+ in the Isokaze.  I have a strong feeling that OP rarely encountered Des Moines radar at T2 and T4.

The problem is that he wanted to be able to play his Shima the exact same way he was able to play the Umakaze and Isokaze, without having to deal with radar.    The thing is that even if radar got "fixed" in the way I'd like (no seeing thru islands, radar only fully spots for the ship mounting the radar but is on minimaps for team mates), he still wouldn't be able to play like there was no radar around.

On another level, this is the problem with being not only a DD main, but a DD main who plays a single nation's DDs almost exclusively.  When some counter comes along that makes life really difficult for that single nation's DDs, you don't have other options.  This is why I think it's good to play all ship types and nations.  It gives you a far wider variety of ship options for those times when life gets rather rough on a single ship type or a single navy/ship type combo, like IJN DDs.  For crying out loud, if he played Russian DDs, he could just hop in a Khaba and laugh at all those radar ships, and gun them down from outside radar range.

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
938 posts
12,934 battles
37 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Worcester and Seattle's radars have been nerfed to 9km, so DM now has better radar.  

Yes longer range radar but a much larger detection range as well.

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

My Shima has been doing fine running the 12km torps

[NUWES]
Members
1,639 posts
5,480 battles

TYVM.

This doesn't even remotely makes sense. Shima and Gearing both outrange DM's radar. If you got caught in it you got outplayed. 

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,849 posts
3,518 battles
2 hours ago, TankzGirl said:

TYVM.

Nerf it??? You serious? If anything WG are more likely to buff it. Lowest performing t10 CA on average.

Sign in to follow this