You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Steel_Castles

Ring Mode

11 comments in this topic

[-AFW]
Members
58 posts

I know this comes up all the time, but I just can't help myself...

I know someone at WG is proud of it, but please.  Can we get rid of the Ring Mode already?  I just want to walk away sometimes when a battle loads and it's that horrible game mode.

At least, PLEASE, get rid of it in ranked?  That thing had no business being in the Ranked rotation IMHO.

For those of you that love it, I'm happy for you.  But in this case I'd like for you to be made sad :)

Ok.  Gripe mode exited.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[KRAK]
Members
938 posts
12,934 battles
5 minutes ago, Steel_Castles said:

I know someone at WG is proud of it, but please.  Can we get rid of the Ring Mode already?  I just want to walk away sometimes when a battle loads and it's that horrible game mode.

At least, PLEASE, get rid of it in ranked?  That thing had no business being in the Ranked rotation IMHO.

For those of you that love it, I'm happy for you.  But in this case I'd like for you to be made sad :)

Ok.  Gripe mode exited.

That is one of the best maps in game next to Ocean. They promote actual engagements instead of the hide and try to snipe meta.

They need to have these maps in rotation much more often and make more maps like them.

Members
1,167 posts
501 battles
10 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

That is one of the best maps in game next to Ocean. They promote actual engagements instead of the hide and try to snipe meta.

They need to have these maps in rotation much more often and make more maps like them.

n8NeJj2.jpg

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
31 minutes ago, Steel_Castles said:

Ok.  Gripe mode exited.

First of all, it's called EPICENTER mode, not "Ring" mode.

Secondly, @Vaffu is 100% on the money.  They need more maps like Big Race (generally) and Big Race Epicenter because it does promote engagements.

Let me take a moment to tell a little story about a Big Race Epicenter random battle I was in not all that long ago.  In this battle, the enemy found a way to screw up so royally on such a small map that the battle was over before it even felt like it had really begun.  How?  The enemy team tried to flank around the edges of the map in such an extreme way that not a single enemy ship had gotten into the Epicenter rings and my team captured the rings as quickly as the clock could count down, and then we capped out for the win, without a single enemy ship lost.  It was unbelievable.  And remember that this isn't a larger Epicenter map like Tears of the Desert or Trident.  This is Big Race where the Epicenter rings cover something like 75-80% of the middle of the map, and there's hardly any room left outside of the rings.  And yet the enemy team had completely avoided entering the epicenter rings and lost almost immediately.  :Smile_facepalm:

Big Race Epicenter is an excellent map.  And frankly, it's a great map for Epicenter, because so much of the map is covered by the rings.  One almost has to intentionally avoid going into the rings to not be in them.  This map/mode combo seriously encourages engagements and was an outstanding choice for Ranked Sprint.

Beta Testers
1,288 posts
3,583 battles

The mode is not for everyone and needs to be revamped to allow only certain ships like destroyers and cruisers into the inner rings. 

[KRAK]
Members
938 posts
12,934 battles
8 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

The mode is not for everyone and needs to be revamped to allow only certain ships like destroyers and cruisers into the inner rings. 

Yes because BBs are very fragile and need protections from those nasty DD.

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
1,288 posts
3,583 battles
Just now, Vaffu said:

Yes because BBs are very fragile and need protections from those nasty DD.

Or maybe to make Battleships stick to the objective of covering their allies rather than rush in and die like some do not all.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
9 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

I have yet to run across anyone with a truly cogent and logical reason for not liking Epicenter mode.  In the end, every comment  disliking it comes down to "I don't like it because I don't like it".  And if that's all they got, I'd ignore that sort of opinion if I was one of this game's developers.  If one cannot come up with cogent and logical reasons for not liking something, go away and come  back when you do (not you, landed).

[KRAK]
Members
938 posts
12,934 battles
1 minute ago, landedkiller said:

Or maybe to make Battleships stick to the objective of covering their allies rather than rush in and die like some do not all.

They could provide better cover from farther away hidden behind an island in your mind no doubt.

A BB being close to the DDS offers the very best cover they can provide. What are you talking about?

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
2 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

No one's saying that BBs have to go into the inner ring.  But that doesn't mean that the inner ring needs to have a "BBs not allowed" limitation either.