Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tigerspook

T-22 assistance plx

10 comments in this topic

Members
49 posts
803 battles

I running a Challenge right now where I need to get 7500 flooding damage. Seems easy enough, right? Not for me.

Now, it seems this is cake with 3 torps against a BB to cause a flood, wait 15 seconds for him to repair, and then send 3 more to secure a permaflood.

Has not happened.  Allies kill the BBs before the flood damage adds up, or I get spotted by a plane or lurking DD and then I am dead.

I'm looking at videos right now. But does anyone have any pragmatic tips on how to set up torpedo attacks?  When I play BBs I am getting shot at with torps all the time and I can't seem to do the same.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,046 posts

Does it have to be the T-22, because the IJN torps have a better chance of causing flooding than German torps. If you have to use T-22, mount Juliet Whiskey Unaone, and Victor Lima flags to increase the chances of causing flooding, just be sure to mount a Juliet Charlie to offset the increased likelihood of that ever so fun and engaging mechanic of your ship randomly exploding. Now go find an isolated ship and hit him with one rack of torps. Hold the other rack in reserve because if you do cause flooding, he will pop DC to counter it. If this happens, Time your next salvo to hit when his DC is on cooldown.

• Cool 1

Members
49 posts
803 battles
14 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

Does it have to be the T-22, because the IJN torps have a better chance of causing flooding than German torps. If you have to use T-22, mount Juliet Whiskey Unaone, and Victor Lima flags to increase the chances of causing flooding, just be sure to mount a Juliet Charlie to offset the increased likelihood of that ever so fun and engaging mechanic of your ship randomly exploding. Now go find an isolated ship and hit him with one rack of torps. Hold the other rack in reserve because if you do cause flooding, he will pop DC to counter it. If this happens, Time your next salvo to hit when his DC is on cooldown.

Thanks. No, I am a beginner and only have Germans. In additional, I want the flooding for a Challenge which can only be accomplished at Tier 5 and above. The T-22 is the only tier 5+ DD I have right now.  And my captain does not yet have Concealment Expert. That's still 2 captain levels away.

Doh good catch on the flags, I missed Victor Lima (was still run fire-based signals.) I'll switch those out. Doesn't matter too much since I rarely get torps hits anyway. I know how to shoot torps, but I don't know how to set up the attack.

Edited by Tigerspook

[WOLFB]
Members
2,597 posts
4,973 battles

Yeah that’s kinda of a hard one. I would recommend trying to hunt in a pack and let  the other DD send torps first and when they hit the player will use his repair so then launch yours. 

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,380 posts
7,974 battles

If it has to be done in one match, fire at everything you can, otherwise, just let it go up over time. Don't be afraid to pop smoke if something else can spot a BB and use the guns to start fires, then launch the torps. 

As far as setting the attack up - Ideally you want a side shot, use the 1 km you should roughly have to stay hidden, be on the edge of being spotted, fire the first tube, wait 15-20 seconds and adjust for the fact that they will turn into the first ones, fire the second set. If you wait till the first set hits, never gonna reach before everything else hammers it. They can't see your torps till about 7.8 seconds before they hit (unless they have Vig, Hydro, etc) so as the first set hits the other set should still be out of sight as they hit repair. 

Members
49 posts
803 battles
9 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

If it has to be done in one match, fire at everything you can, otherwise, just let it go up over time. 

It doesn't. But I can't seem to get hits. I am at under 5% accuracy. Every ship dodges including BBs, and it seems like every ship is moving away from me at all times. Can't catch them. Or I get randomly spotted. Or I turn to launch and blunder into sight.

Edited by Tigerspook

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,380 posts
7,974 battles
59 minutes ago, Tigerspook said:

It doesn't. But I can't seem to get hits. I am at under 5% accuracy. Every ship dodges including BBs, and it seems like every ship is moving away from me at all times. Can't catch them. Or I get randomly spotted. Or I turn to launch and blunder into sight.

This will sound stupid - but are you looking at the minimap? I can't remember if it's by default but it should have your torp and spotted ranges as circles around your ship, and when you have a target locked on with X key, a line comes off it that will help you judge what the angle he's at is and if he's going toward or away from you. Pay attention to the white guide line as well, as it'll adjust as the enemy changes speed and course, and watch the rate it moves and try to estimate it and fire where he's going to be when the torps get there. Blunder in to sight, drop smoke as you turn away, and hold off the torp attack as they will expect it as you drop and vanish, and then not when you actually launch. Some BB's have Hydro or end up near a ship that has it or planes spot the torps, making it easier to dodge and that's without guys bringing 19 point captains to tier 5. Also, if your using wide spread, you'll almost never hit - use the narrow spread unless your almost point blank. 

Overall though - it's gonna come down to practice and patience. Sure CE will help because you can get that much closer before launching and close the spread up that much more, but learning to estimate ship movements, using angles to effectively extend torpedo/stealth torp range (an enemy technically outside those circles at a certain speed even if you launch, will in fact end up in the path still so even though you have a range of 7 km, you can technically hit a guy at 8 with the right timing and angle), all of it takes time and any advice me or anyone better than me can give is only gonna help so much. 

• Cool 2

Members
49 posts
803 battles

Just played another, smoked up when I was spotted, then ran per your suggestion. Other team had some potatoes for once. It was a tier 7 game of course. Took an Atlanta (Dev Strike), a DD, and another CA. Left an Oktobver Rev with a flood but he DCed and then the game ended. Not my highest scoring game with the T-22 but certainly my most satisfying. 6 torps, 6 floods, 1 cap, 6 spots. 49k damage.

• Cool 2

[GLORY]
Members
194 posts
1,806 battles

The T-22 is basically a Tugboat. I played it once on the PT and never returned to it. I just kept playing my V-170. 

I wouldn't expect to get anywhere with the T-22. 

[GMO]
Members
16 posts
2,164 battles
On 10/28/2018 at 11:03 AM, Snipereagle23 said:

The T-22 is basically a Tugboat. I played it once on the PT and never returned to it. I just kept playing my V-170. 

I wouldn't expect to get anywhere with the T-22. 

I actually really enjoyed the T-22.  Never thought I would enjoy another DD line other than the IJNs. Moved up to the tier 6 Nazi boat.  Getting used to it now.

Sign in to follow this