You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AJTP89

What's Going On with Alaska?

21 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Members
1,496 posts
2,065 battles

So Alaska looked to be in final testing, the CCs released reviews, we saw what looked liked final changes being made, WG even had a FXP discount on, seemingly in preparation for her release (though they never confirmed Alaska would be FXP). And then, nothing. It's like she never existed. Anyone know what happened? It just seemed she was ready to go, then disappeared, and I haven't seen any reason why. I'm looking forward to it, but wondering what happened.

Also, I'm assuming it'll be FXP. I didn't convert anything when the sale was on because it wasn't confirmed. But now I have a good stack of FXP and it's growing daily. So the longer WG delays Alaska, the less they'll make off my doubloon purchase. Inconsequential in the grand scheme, but if they released it when the FXP sale was on they'd have made a good chunk of cash from me (and I assume many other players). I just find the delay in release really strange.

[SVF]
Members
898 posts
1,277 battles
13 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

I'm looking forward to it, but wondering what happened.

My guess is that they're waiting for Black Friday weekend/Christmas, if not sometime next year at this rate.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,597 posts
4,973 battles

I am not sure she is finalized yet. Also we are coming up on the holidays so they might do a bunch of stuff with all of these ships during that time. Also it seems that WG seems to hold on to ships for a while even after they are done with testing. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,200 posts
8,798 battles

SOONTM

[HELLS]
Members
1,692 posts
15,309 battles

Got almost 900,000 free XP and am sitting on it. Either Alaska or Vanguard, depending on which is released 1st. I'm pumping for Vanguard but don't expect it this year.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,440 posts
10,186 battles
2 hours ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Got almost 900,000 free XP and am sitting on it. Either Alaska or Vanguard, depending on which is released 1st. I'm pumping for Vanguard but don't expect it this year.

Vanguard is a T8 and most likely will be a for real cash Premium. 

Alaska is a T9 and to this point other than Nelson at T7 all the FXP ships have been T9.

Of the 2 I would expect Alaska as the FXP not Vanguard.

I have 1.5 Million + FXP sitting here and like 300K more I could convert if I wanted. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,378 posts
7,974 battles

My guess is the same black hole that German tier 6 fell into that suddenly reappeared getting nerfed a bit harder than it should. 

Beta Testers
2,840 posts
4,081 battles

wait 6 months,just like t-61.

[UFFA]
Members
553 posts
29 battles

After all the other Balans™ changes of in development ships you ask this question?

giphy.gif

:cap_popcorn:

• Funny 1

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,930 posts
3,548 battles
2 hours ago, Lonewolfpj said:

I am not sure she is finalized yet. Also we are coming up on the holidays so they might do a bunch of stuff with all of these ships during that time. Also it seems that WG seems to hold on to ships for a while even after they are done with testing. 

I think this may be the case. They're holding on to it for a Christmas release. The ship is most likely finished as far as testing. The last adjustment was extremely minor.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
451 posts
961 battles

And on the other hand they released Le Terrible in such a half-baked state that all the reviews are coming in as a don't buy, bad bote, and that one puts real money in their pocket...just doesn't make sense does it?

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,930 posts
3,548 battles
4 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

And on the other hand they released Le Terrible in such a half-baked state that all the reviews are coming in as a don't buy, bad bote, and that one puts real money in their pocket...just doesn't make sense does it?

not every premium is destined to be good. It seems pretty average. which IMO is good for overall balance. average and fun is not a bad thing.

• Cool 1

[SVF]
Members
898 posts
1,277 battles
2 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

not every premium is destined to be good. It seems pretty average. which IMO is good for overall balance. average and fun is not a bad thing.

Fun is subjective though.  And when talking about higher tier premiums that start in the mid-40s USD range per ship  and only go up from there, average isn't really good enough anymore to fork over that kind of money.

• Cool 3

[WOLF5]
Members
1,496 posts
2,065 battles
4 hours ago, Sparviero said:

After all the other Balans™ changes of in development ships you ask this question?

giphy.gif

:cap_popcorn:

There's it's not balanced and we're still working on it, and there's it looks good, ready for release, then falls into black hole. I'm used to seeing ships in development hell, but for a ready for release ship to just vanish is unusual (Unless you're T-61).

I suspect people are right, they're holding it for the holidays.

[UFFA]
Members
553 posts
29 battles
4 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

There's it's not balanced and we're still working on it, and there's it looks good, ready for release, then falls into black hole. I'm used to seeing ships in development hell, but for a ready for release ship to just vanish is unusual (Unless you're T-61).

I suspect people are right, they're holding it for the holidays.

I would imagine there is probably internal dialogue on the status of Kronshtadt at that point as well? Was there a crossover gap between Missouri and Musashi?

Beta Testers
1,299 posts
3,583 battles
8 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

So Alaska looked to be in final testing, the CCs released reviews, we saw what looked liked final changes being made, WG even had a FXP discount on, seemingly in preparation for her release (though they never confirmed Alaska would be FXP). And then, nothing. It's like she never existed. Anyone know what happened? It just seemed she was ready to go, then disappeared, and I haven't seen any reason why. I'm looking forward to it, but wondering what happened.

Also, I'm assuming it'll be FXP. I didn't convert anything when the sale was on because it wasn't confirmed. But now I have a good stack of FXP and it's growing daily. So the longer WG delays Alaska, the less they'll make off my doubloon purchase. Inconsequential in the grand scheme, but if they released it when the FXP sale was on they'd have made a good chunk of cash from me (and I assume many other players). I just find the delay in release really strange.

Your jumping the gun it usually takes 6 months for tier 9 ships to appear in the game as was the case with Kronshadt and Musashi. As this is a highly requested ship I have no doubt that it will be here by New Year’s. Not everyone is patient I get it, but try to understand why it is still in testing. No mention of the stats being finalized has been made by any CC’s yet either.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,569 posts
3,740 battles
9 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

Your jumping the gun it usually takes 6 months for tier 9 ships to appear in the game as was the case with Kronshadt and Musashi. As this is a highly requested ship I have no doubt that it will be here by New Year’s. Not everyone is patient I get it, but try to understand why it is still in testing. No mention of the stats being finalized has been made by any CC’s yet either.

It actually took roughly 4 months for the past two tier 9 free xp ships from the moment of the initial dev blog to release.

So based upon the past two free xp ships, Oct would've been the month Alaska was to be released. At this point, WG is purposely withholding Alaska even taking account with the most recent change happening in Sept over a month ago in comparison to the Kronshtadt having gone through a change a month before its final release.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,162 posts
12,865 battles
1 hour ago, Vader_Sama said:

It actually took roughly 4 months for the past two tier 9 free xp ships from the moment of the initial dev blog to release.

So based upon the past two free xp ships, Oct would've been the month Alaska was to be released. At this point, WG is purposely withholding Alaska even taking account with the most recent change happening in Sept over a month ago in comparison to the Kronshtadt having gone through a change a month before its final release.

I had no idea Russians enjoyed foreplay so much … 

or are they trying to break us?

Pleeeze take my money? :(

[FML]
Members
1,633 posts
9,910 battles
10 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Is it approaching a year from Musashi’s release as a free XP ship? Perhaps Alaska will replace her? 

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,930 posts
3,548 battles
24 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Is it approaching a year from Musashi’s release as a free XP ship? Perhaps Alaska will replace her? 

No Missouri is what Alaska is replacing.