You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

Do you need to "opt-in" for "Daily Shipments"?

23 comments in this topic

Members
1,788 posts
17,406 battles

I haven't seen them anywhere since 7.10 dropped...seen them on PT so I know where to look but no sign of them in game.

Was gonna inquire Sunday night about them but laptop took a flying lesson & the lesson learned was that it didn't mind the flying part but it wasn't too happy w/the landing so had to fenagle a new computer up & still I see no Daily Shipments.

Is this just me...the notes in 7.10 update said there was an option to turn it off but it seemed like it was supposed to be enabled & never was on my computer...& even if it was disabled there should be some kind of way to enable it & I'm not seeing it.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,447 posts
10,186 battles
8 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I haven't seen them anywhere since 7.10 dropped...seen them on PT so I know where to look but no sign of them in game.

Was gonna inquire Sunday night about them but laptop took a flying lesson & the lesson learned was that it didn't mind the flying part but it wasn't too happy w/the landing so had to fenagle a new computer up & still I see no Daily Shipments.

Is this just me...the notes in 7.10 update said there was an option to turn it off but it seemed like it was supposed to be enabled & never was on my computer...& even if it was disabled there should be some kind of way to enable it & I'm not seeing it.

I believe I read somewhere it doesn't start until Oct 31

• Cool 1

[PRDEF]
Members
66 posts
3,398 battles
24 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

They need a calendar on their website and in Game Center that shows when these types of events start.  I try to read the news articles and watch the videos, but I'm still not sure when this starts.  Of course, that seems to be fairly common lately with everything going on at the same time.

• Cool 2

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
804 posts
5,792 battles
39 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Here it is:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-0710-halloween/

During the period from October 31 till November 9, Daily Shipments will be inspired by the Halloween event. You can get a whole range of gifts during the period that include: Halloween-themed containers, credits, camo, Coal and doubloons. You can always check which reward will be yours on the next day and find out about your ultimate reward for completing the entire list.

Hope that helps!

#anchorsaweigh

• Cool 2

[HYDRA]
[HYDRA]
Members
52 posts
6,372 battles
30 minutes ago, rufus374 said:

They need a calendar on their website and in Game Center that shows when these types of events start.  I try to read the news articles and watch the videos, but I'm still not sure when this starts.  Of course, that seems to be fairly common lately with everything going on at the same time.

I agree. The Warships website is confusing and needs a lot of work.

How about listing the news in chronological order to start.

Probably need to start a thread on website improvements somewhere.

• Cool 2

Members
756 posts
15,482 battles
26 minutes ago, uScooter said:

I agree. The Warships website is confusing and needs a lot of work.

How about listing the news in chronological order to start.

Probably need to start a thread on website improvements somewhere.

Priorities....

First they must improve the look of the port holes on the Fiji, then they'll get to the less important projects like a plain calendar of events, etc.....

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,205 posts
8,798 battles

On the OP's thread title, why in gods name do we have so many opt in things? Why not reverse things and make it opt out if you don't want whatever comes from that mission/event?

• Cool 3

[CRF]
Members
37 posts
4,078 battles
1 hour ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Here it is:

During the period from October 31 till November 9, Daily Shipments will be inspired by the Halloween event. You can get a whole range of gifts during the period that include: Halloween-themed containers, credits, camo, Coal and doubloons. You can always check which reward will be yours on the next day and find out about your ultimate reward for completing the entire list.

Hope that helps!

#anchorsaweigh

The info in the link is a bit confusing.  It does say that with 7.10, the daily shipments will commence.  It only says that during 31/10 to 09/11, the shipments will be inspired by the Halloween event.  This implies that the daily shipments start with the implementation of 7.10, and during the specified time frame, the shipments are special.  It could have been stated that Daily shipments start 31/10 with the Halloween specials, and not start with the implementation of patch 7.10 

• Cool 4

Members
1,246 posts
20,643 battles

I received one of those WOWS surveys that asked about Daily Shipments.  I had to check the didn't matter or whatever box.  I've still no idea what they are.

The WOWS website is just a cluster phuck of scrambled information with little user friendly organization.

[SBS]
Members
2,420 posts
2,253 battles
Just now, slokill_1 said:

I received one of those WOWS surveys that asked about Daily Shipments.  I had to check the didn't matter or whatever box.  I've still no idea what they are.

The WOWS website is just a cluster phuck of scrambled information with little user friendly organization.

I'm glad WG is making a reasonable attempt to put out the news, but like you said, its not the most user friendly.  A simple example is not using the N. American standard for dates with the month first, the day followed by the year.  How hard would that be?

[S0L0]
Members
854 posts
4,668 battles
7 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I'm glad WG is making a reasonable attempt to put out the news, but like you said, its not the most user friendly.  A simple example is not using the N. American standard for dates with the month first, the day followed by the year.  How hard would that be?

In WG's defense on this ONE PARTICULAR issue, North America is pretty much the only place on the planet that use MM/DD formatting.

Almost everyone else uses the DD/MM format, so for consistencies sake, I understand why they use it.

Overall, I agree, WG's customer communications need work, they always have...

Matt

[VVV]
Members
349 posts
2,270 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

On the OP's thread title, why in gods name do we have so many opt in things? Why not reverse things and make it opt out if you don't want whatever comes from that mission/event?

Because of the whiners who say "Why am I getting this free camo or commander that I don't like" on the forums. They even still do it when there's an Opt-Out button.

I really don't know why they do that. Its free, plus there's an button that literally shuts it off.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,205 posts
8,798 battles
2 minutes ago, AtlanticRim said:

Because of the whiners who say "Why am I getting this free camo or commander that I don't like" on the forums. They even still do it when there's an Opt-Out button.

I really don't know why they do that. Its free, plus there's an button that literally shuts it off.

Then the opt in should be in the game. Have a pop up with the mission offer and a yes or no. That way people that don't come here or to the portal don't miss out. Although I supposed the whiners would whine about that.

• Cool 3

[VVV]
Members
349 posts
2,270 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Then the opt in should be in the game. Have a pop up with the mission offer and a yes or no.

I fully support this idea. :cap_like:

• Cool 2

[ARSE]
[ARSE]
Members
9 posts
3,604 battles

Just watched the latest FULL AHEAD update and Alena states "Did you miss the welcome bonus? Starting on October 26th special calendars await you. and after you receive any of them you will be able to.... anyway please find the detailed information about them on our website." 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,447 posts
10,186 battles
29 minutes ago, BC_Wolfen said:

Just watched the latest FULL AHEAD update and Alena states "Did you miss the welcome bonus? Starting on October 26th special calendars await you. and after you receive any of them you will be able to.... anyway please find the detailed information about them on our website." 

Yeah it is like a whole part gets cut out

[BNKR]
Members
655 posts
664 battles
37 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Then the opt in should be in the game. Have a pop up with the mission offer and a yes or no. That way people that don't come here or to the portal don't miss out. Although I supposed the whiners would whine about that.

But mah UI...iz cluttered nao!

[SBS]
Members
2,420 posts
2,253 battles
6 minutes ago, mobryan said:

In WG's defense on this ONE PARTICULAR issue, North America is pretty much the only place on the planet that use MM/DD formatting.

True.  Still, it shows a lack of dedication to the NA customer.  They are just doing what is easiest for them.  The problem is they shoot themselves in the foot often with the lack of good/easy to understand communication.  They are wasting their time and resources when we are left scratching our heads due to their poor communication.  I mean who understood the RN event without reading, and rereading the news feed, then going to forum to read some more (and in the end there was still a big misunderstanding about the sovereigns).

15 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Then the opt in should be in the game. Have a pop up with the mission offer and a yes or no. That way people that don't come here or to the portal don't miss out.

:Smile_great:

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
1,788 posts
17,406 battles
13 hours ago, BC_Wolfen said:

^^^This is what prompted me to go back & reread the update notes &...

15 hours ago, sonoasailor said:

The info in the link is a bit confusing.  It does say that with 7.10, the daily shipments will commence.  It only says that during 31/10 to 09/11, the shipments will be inspired by the Halloween event.  This implies that the daily shipments start with the implementation of 7.10, and during the specified time frame, the shipments are special.  It could have been stated that Daily shipments start 31/10 with the Halloween specials, and not start with the implementation of patch 7.10 

^^^This is the meaning I got from it the 1st time which is why I was intending to start a thread about it on Sunday before my laptops failed it's test flight. The Full Ahead video just confirmed this meaning & brought it back into my train of thought.

16 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Here it is:

Hope that helps!

#anchorsaweigh

Sorry...but no...that doesn't. As sonoasailor points out it (what you just quoted) only states that the rewards will be Halloween inspired during those days not that it is actually the start of the Daily Shipments...(translation dysinc...got it...if that's it...time to hire a better translator to help out the present translator)

…& I just remembered Alena's statement about "special calendars" starting on the 26th is part of the commercial for buying your way in before the 31st (w/a discount on doubs [unfortunately not the discount the new people got but why should a brand new person be able to compete against the clubbers in the lower tiers...that's unfair new people get to fight back...it's just not fair...some people spent a lot of $ in the past to be able to club seals]...sounds like a trap)...duh...Happy Halloween guys...(btw...love the subs...[I suck in them...as in every other type]…& the new CV idea seems like a more balanced system & seems like it will work good w/subs in the future...[yes...I will probably suck in them too]...I actually enjoyed CVs in co-op but knew I wasn't organized enough to keep track of all the higher tier squadrons & strafing w/out being a detriment to my team so I just laid off of them...but it was a fun system for clubbing bots...just not enough XP clubbing bots to make it worth running them just there...but anyway...

...actually...I'd like to change my answer to (not at 1st...but...once I figured out)...yes that does help.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[RKLES]
Members
7,111 posts
8,758 battles
18 hours ago, theLaalaa said:

Priorities....

First they must improve the look of the port holes on the Fiji, then they'll get to the less important projects like a plain calendar of events, etc.....

I already improve the look of the Fiji port holes with my secondary and main guns of my ships...

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[VW]
Members
1,843 posts
12,290 battles
20 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Obviously to increase new player retention rate.

[CRF]
Members
37 posts
4,078 battles
On 10/27/2018 at 8:03 PM, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

^^^This is what prompted me to go back & reread the update notes &...

^^^This is the meaning I got from it the 1st time which is why I was intending to start a thread about it on Sunday before my laptops failed it's test flight. The Full Ahead video just confirmed this meaning & brought it back into my train of thought.

Sorry...but no...that doesn't. As sonoasailor points out it (what you just quoted) only states that the rewards will be Halloween inspired during those days not that it is actually the start of the Daily Shipments...(translation dysinc...got it...if that's it...time to hire a better translator to help out the present translator)

…& I just remembered Alena's statement about "special calendars" starting on the 26th is part of the commercial for buying your way in before the 31st (w/a discount on doubs [unfortunately not the discount the new people got but why should a brand new person be able to compete against the clubbers in the lower tiers...that's unfair new people get to fight back...it's just not fair...some people spent a lot of $ in the past to be able to club seals]...sounds like a trap)...duh...Happy Halloween guys...(btw...love the subs...[I suck in them...as in every other type]…& the new CV idea seems like a more balanced system & seems like it will work good w/subs in the future...[yes...I will probably suck in them too]...I actually enjoyed CVs in co-op but knew I wasn't organized enough to keep track of all the higher tier squadrons & strafing w/out being a detriment to my team so I just laid off of them...but it was a fun system for clubbing bots...just not enough XP clubbing bots to make it worth running them just there...but anyway...

...actually...I'd like to change my answer to (not at 1st...but...once I figured out)...yes that does help.

So, I found in the Premium shop a special bonus of doubloons in the Daily Shipments - 450 a day for 14 days. I bought it, and apparently it kicked off on the 26th of October, as when I logged in on Sunday, it immediately dumped 3 days worth of daily shipments into my account.  It doesn't show any other shipments, but at least now the Daily Shipment tab shows up.  Still VERY confusing!

Apparently, Khaos, they are sowing chaos!

Members
1,788 posts
17,406 battles
9 hours ago, sonoasailor said:

it kicked off on the 26th of October

Yep...that's for you folks w/ducats to spare...the rest of us still need to wait until the 1st to behold the wonders of the new Daily Shipment tab.

That "special bonus" was the "special calendars" that Alena was referring to in the Full Ahead video.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos