You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

WG enough bending the knee to DD!

601 comments in this topic

[1NJS]
Members
424 posts

Will try and keep it clean but enough is enough WG giving in to DD players. 

You have removed CV effectively. You have reduced torp spotting by planes. 

You have removed BB shells from damaging DD

You are going to effectively remove radar.

And now EVERY CLASS GETS A NERF BUT DD!!!!

DD still has there smoke still has the most powerful weapon in the game that reloads every 2 min and now everyone get spotted easy for them to shot at while in smoke.

Yes DD are the whinnest of the player base but enough is enough. You are radicly changing everything for one class. A group of people that will never be happy no matter what you give them. You could give DD homing torp and they would still complain that they are to hard to fire.

Stop catering to the whinnest of the player base. Stop "fixing" things that arnt broken like BB shells vs DD. This idea that 12 shell's from a monty will hit a dd is just plain dumb. When have 12 shells hit anything.

You have made every class but dd feal very unwelcome for months now. Stop it please.

• Cool 21
  • Funny 17
  • Boring 7
  • Bad 59
  • Angry 3

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,974 posts
6,460 battles
7 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

DD still has there smoke still has the most powerful weapon in the game that reloads every 2 min and now everyone get spotted easy for them to shot at while in smoke.

Yes DD are the whinnest of the player base but enough is enough. You are radicly changing everything for one class. A group of people that will never be happy no matter what you give them. You could give DD homing torp and they would still complain that they are to hard to fire.

Stop catering to the whinnest of the player base. Stop "fixing" things that arnt broken like BB shells vs DD. This idea that 12 shell's from a monty will hit a dd is just plain dumb. When have 12 shells hit anything.

You have made every class but dd feal very unwelcome for months now. Stop it please.

*looks at IJN DDs that are probably the most nerfed DD line in the game*  you sure about that? im getting the vibe that you might e one of those BB players that whine about DDs being able to damage you without being seen, and youre making us actual BB players that dont care about that look bad

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 16
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5
  • Angry 1

[VVV]
Members
349 posts
2,270 battles
1 minute ago, jags_domain said:

You have removed CV effectively.

Yes, for a REWORK to address all the problems with CVs themselves.

2 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

So every shell I fire from my BB at a DD just magically does nothing? Nope, HE still works and AP still overpens (Which still does damage)

3 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Where and how? I would direly like to know this, as I'm a American Cruiser main.

4 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Yes DD are the whinnest of the player base but enough is enough.

Sure, buddy, DD players are the whiniest. Its not like BB players put out the same level of whining.

5 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Stop "fixing" things that arnt broken like BB shells vs DD.

Except for the extremely broken double rolls that can happen that can ruin a DD players day?

7 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

This idea that 12 shell's from a monty will hit a dd is just plain dumb. When have 12 shells hit anything. 

Point blank range, battleships can hit anything. It takes way less than 12 BB HE shells to put a somewhat damaged DD down.

In summary,

StopItGetHelp.gif.a1bd2d765125b85f84df660050942e34.gif

• Cool 15
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 6

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,974 posts
6,460 battles
1 minute ago, Vector03 said:

Normally you'd have to pay money for this kind of comedy.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTn9HHAe7trkreDemKROJK

the difference between this and actual comedy, actual comedy makes you laugh because its funny, im laughing at the OP because its sad that he probably thinks hes right 

[KNTI2]
Members
2 posts
3,604 battles

Sounds like you don't play DD's very much to be honest.

• CVs have needed this long-awaited rework because they are highly unbalanced but that a different topic entirely.
  • Radar isn't going away. Wooster was (and still is) stronk, losing some radar range hurts but doesn't kill the ships' skill set.
  • And the BB AP shells Vs a DD is, if fact, Broken. Getting slapped for nearly all my HP in a thinly armored ship that a 406mm shell (Or whatever) should overpen regardless (Unless it slammed straight through the bow all the way to the aft, then you have a fair argument of it going through the entire ship).
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[SALVO]
Members
16,670 posts
17,308 battles
13 hours ago, jags_domain said:

And now EVERY CLASS TYPE GETS A NERF BUT DD!!!!

DD still has there their smoke still has the most powerful weapon in the game that reloads every 2 min and now everyone get spotted easy for them to shot at while in smoke.

Yes DD are the whinnest whiniest of the player base but enough is enough. You are radicly radically changing everything for one class type. A group of people that will never be happy no matter what you give them. You could give DD homing torp and they would still complain that they are to hard to fire.

Stop catering to the whinnest of the player base. Stop "fixing" things that arnt aren't broken like BB shells vs DD. This idea that 12 shell's from a monty will hit a dd is just plain dumb. When have 12 shells hit anything.

You have made every class type but dd feal very unwelcome for months now. Stop it please.

1. Planes should have never been able to spot torpedoes in the first place.  When you're thousands of feet in the air, it's not realistic to think that you could see a very thin wake that's 10-20 feet underwater.

2.  BB AP needed to have its double dipping of overpen and regular pen damage fixed, but it did NOT need to have all AP hits be overpens.

3.  Did I miss something about radar?  I don't recall seeing anything about "effectively removing radar".

You're very, VERY wrong about the whiniest ship type player base.  The whiniest player group is battleship players... BY FAR.

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 13
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,698 posts
10,037 battles

People with hidden stats should not throw stones in greenhouses...

• Cool 11
  • Funny 6
  • Bad 3

[VVV]
Members
349 posts
2,270 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

BB AP needed to have its double dipping of overpen and regular pen damage, but it did NOT need to have all AP hits be overpens.

I disagree. It seems to me that a giant BB AP shell should always be an overpen, unless the shell traveled through enough of the DD (Like it's straight on) or its some magically thick DD.

• Cool 3

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,041 posts
11,539 battles

BB main detected

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
2,451 posts
4,080 battles

Apparently someone’s off their meds again.

• Funny 1

[SPCU]
Members
81 posts
3,696 battles
17 minutes ago, AtlanticRim said:

I disagree. It seems to me that a giant BB AP shell should always be an overpen, unless the shell traveled through enough of the DD (Like it's straight on) or its some magically thick DD.

Or the shell arms by hitting the water first... rare but nasty when it happens. The double dipping is a definite problem though.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
16,670 posts
17,308 battles
19 minutes ago, AtlanticRim said:

I disagree.  Full penning shots should represent those AP shells hitting the engines or boilers or something else substantial.

• Cool 5

[SALVO]
Members
16,670 posts
17,308 battles
21 minutes ago, mofton said:

People with hidden stats should not throw stones in greenhouses...

This is so, so, so true.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,729 posts
11,353 battles
13 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

BB main detected

His stats are hidden, but the last available info show cruiser main, which just makes this all the more hilarious. 

[SPCU]
Members
81 posts
3,696 battles

To be fair, a yammy shell penning your dd bow to stern like its coring an apple... then detonating before exiting... well... just imagine adding an m80 to the aforementioned cored apple. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,743 posts
7,373 battles
58 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

To quote the great Luke Skywalker: Every single thing you just said is wrong.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,760 posts
6,736 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

:cap_popcorn::cap_popcorn::cap_popcorn::cap_popcorn::cap_popcorn:

[TF57]
Members
1,250 posts
3,920 battles

So another one of these "non DD player creates post whining that DD players are the whiniest players."

The stupidity here is almost satire.... :cap_tea:

• Boring 1

[TDRB]
Members
966 posts
3,746 battles

Yes DD are the whinnest of the player base

Since the US cruiser split I would say, yes, there has been a lot of DD mains whining. Just a few months ago some were claiming DD's would no longer be playable.

CV issues are are not related to DD's. Yes, a rework was needed. Will this rework balance CV's? I wouldn't bet on it but then again I could be surprised.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1