Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rabin69

So decided to try the Nobilum

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

59
[SHAFT]
Members
162 posts
9,984 battles

in Sunray, as an average low tier cv player I thought it couldn't be that hard.

Thank RNG for this team, these guys played their tails out. The cruisers basically stayed in the filth and pounded the crap out of the enemy with great support from the rest of the team.

Juts had to keep reminding myself to hit the heal and freeze at the right time, the damage from drops was secondary, just having planes overhead spotting seemed more important..

TBH for the stress of all this the rewards were pretty mediocre. Won't be doing this again in a hurry. 

To those who play CVs higher than T6, are u guys sadomasochists...damn six squads are tough to keep track of.

Thankful for the five stars though...if any of the team read this thanks guys.

 

 

shot-18.10.26_23.24.49-0055.jpg

shot-18.10.26_23.25.01-0450.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
460
[WORX]
Members
1,638 posts
12,695 battles

CV play in that operation always a blast. I am not a CV main but, I would do it just for Sunray operation in a heart beat.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
741
[NG-NL]
Members
4,955 posts
8,103 battles

Nobilium is not actually that difficult, once you time the consumables well and can hit the Vargs/Scarabs for easy flood damage. I've also helped bring down Rasputin in mine a few times, those 15 TB stack into one devastating volley. About only thing Nobilium has difficulty with is killing Gorgon because her AA is competent and the Filth constantly heals her.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59
[SHAFT]
Members
162 posts
9,984 battles
4 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

CV play in that operation always a blast. I am not a CV main but, I would do it just for Sunray operation in a heart beat.

Casual CV player. Hell only played CV much recently to run through Ranked T5.

Well maybe one day if I decide to run up the IJN line I'll have a use for this. WG not funny.

 

shot-18.10.27_00.47.18-0986.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59
[SHAFT]
Members
162 posts
9,984 battles
3 hours ago, Reymu said:

Nobilium is not actually that difficult, once you time the consumables well and can hit the Vargs/Scarabs for easy flood damage. I've also helped bring down Rasputin in mine a few times, those 15 TB stack into one devastating volley. About only thing Nobilium has difficulty with is killing Gorgon because her AA is competent and the Filth constantly heals her.

I hear you bro, but let's be honest there is probably a huge gap in skill level between us (me being on the lower end). I think three squads is enough for me.

Honestly every time I play CV I getter a better understanding that I do not have the requisite skills or multi tasking ability to go higher than T6. It brings a great deal of humbleness when I see some folks that dominate at the top tier.

I agree Gorgon melts the planes, I made the mistake of getting too close with two squads and poof they disappeared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
[DS-DL]
Members
74 posts
11 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

Honestly every time I play CV I getter a better understanding that I do not have the requisite skills or multi tasking ability to go higher than T6.

Umm, things change at T6, play co-op and learn to make the most of the ability to strafe, etc. Me, I just mostly play Scenario's with my CV's.

Edited by i_r_sensitive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,585
[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,590 posts
14,010 battles

The 2 consumables on this ship are among the most useful, and both are conveniently found on this one boat.  I notice that a lot of CV players when I solo-queue this operation don't use the consumables.  Properly timed, these are lifesaving or they set targets up for powerful attacks.  It really makes the BB's job easier for them to ram ships for massive damage.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
134
[WLDD]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,899 battles
2 hours ago, Reymu said:

Nobilium is not actually that difficult, once you time the consumables well and can hit the Vargs/Scarabs for easy flood damage. I've also helped bring down Rasputin in mine a few times, those 15 TB stack into one devastating volley. About only thing Nobilium has difficulty with is killing Gorgon because her AA is competent and the Filth constantly heals her.

Fires and flooding.  If you get four fires and a flooding on either the Gorgon or Rasputin, not even the healing from being in the filth can keep them alive as long as you keep the fires going.  Easiest with the cruiser though, since it can reliably start one or two fires on nearly every volley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39
[TF-64]
Members
364 posts
12,590 battles

The consumables are way more important than the planes it feels like. Had a match with what would normally be a crap CV driver. But his timing with the consumables was masterful. He ended bottom of the board but it was one of the easiest 5 star wins because of him. I'd rather a bad CV driver that tries to time the consumables use over a quality CV driver that never uses them.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,697
[ARGSY]
Members
5,768 posts
3,925 battles
6 hours ago, Rabin69 said:

I hear you bro, but let's be honest there is probably a huge gap in skill level between us (me being on the lower end). I think three squads is enough for me.

Honestly every time I play CV I getter a better understanding that I do not have the requisite skills or multi tasking ability to go higher than T6. It brings a great deal of humbleness when I see some folks that dominate at the top tier.

This is why they're removing the RTS/multitasking element in the rework. I toyed around with the idea of free-XP'ing to the Bogue (I currently have the Langley) so I could play one game and get the Nobilium. But one game in high-tier CV in PTS was enough to show me that I suck at CV and I would be a liability in this operation. I would play the guts out of it solely for the pew-pew factor, but I know a lot of people are really depending on this to get the stars for their RN missions and I don't want to let them down.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
418
[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,766 posts
5,805 battles

I love playing CV in this op. This is my most recent one, Ive had better tho as half of my kills were DD's. Its hard for me to get out of 'scavenger mode', which is how I play CV in random, killing ships that are either trying to repair or in the middle of a fight and are distracted.

shot-18.10.24_21.41.21-0223.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[RNGRS]
[RNGRS]
Members
9 posts
2,953 battles

The opportunity to soak up free commander xp to use any way I want and lots of it makes this an excellent operation.  I am loving the silver credits too.  Playing the CL in this game is a CL players DREAM.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
669
[MIA-A]
Members
1,963 posts
6,553 battles

You want alpha damage with the CV because you want to be able to maximize your area heal.

The other ships can easily cleanup the DDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
95
[A_51]
Members
195 posts
12,604 battles

Playing CV in the current scenario is actually lots of fun.  Enemy ships appear close together, enemy fighters don't appear until late in the scenario and the unusual consumables add a new aspect to play.  I have had good results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,697
[ARGSY]
Members
5,768 posts
3,925 battles
On 10/27/2018 at 8:47 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I toyed around with the idea of free-XP'ing to the Bogue (I currently have the Langley) so I could play one game and get the Nobilium.

And then I did it, but I still feel nervous about this one.

I might give it a shot tonight or tomorrow night. By now most people who need seven stars to finish RN missions and get guineas have probably got them, and I stand less chance of ruining other people's chances. I know I'm going to screw this up horribly. Really, really horribly. Anyone got advice for me? :fish_book:

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59
[SHAFT]
Members
162 posts
9,984 battles
11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

And then I did it, but I still feel nervous about this one.

I might give it a shot tonight or tomorrow night. By now most people who need seven stars to finish RN missions and get guineas have probably got them, and I stand less chance of ruining other people's chances. I know I'm going to screw this up horribly. Really, really horribly. Anyone got advice for me? :fish_book:

You asked for advice...not good advice lol...

As others have said above it really boils down to consumable management plus keep building the dot damage so that your heal becomes more effective.

I actually went with a slightly weird captain build too, faster consumable reloads and torp bomber turn around with torp acceleration, no air superiority or AA skills.

Getting those bombers to get an early cross drop at the spawn gate can easily get you some kills and about 50k damage early on.

Second thing I tried to do was position mid between all towers( not sure if this is the best position though) as this allows you get planes back quickly as well as be able to deal with the Rasputin spawn faster.

Ideally your freeze is to help ships that are in danger of getting killed, but having it ready with bombers overhead will wreck Rasputin which can help the team focus on the Gorgon.

Final word, don't try to get too fancy with your drops, focus the BBs if you can, don't have the bombers hovering around waiting for the other squads. Basically had planes moving towards targets and back constantly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,226
[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,751 battles
On 10/26/2018 at 10:34 PM, Rabin69 said:

in Sunray, as an average low tier cv player I thought it couldn't be that hard.

Thank RNG for this team, these guys played their tails out. The cruisers basically stayed in the filth and pounded the crap out of the enemy with great support from the rest of the team.

Juts had to keep reminding myself to hit the heal and freeze at the right time, the damage from drops was secondary, just having planes overhead spotting seemed more important..

TBH for the stress of all this the rewards were pretty mediocre. Won't be doing this again in a hurry. 

To those who play CVs higher than T6, are u guys sadomasochists...damn six squads are tough to keep track of.

Thankful for the five stars though...if any of the team read this thanks guys.

Lol I played Star Wars Empire at Wars Games so 6 squadrons are actually a lot easier than the dozens of squadrons O had to manage as well as capital ships on Star Wars game.... :Smile_veryhappy:

But with some practice you get used to it. :Smile_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×