Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crickethunter_brown

no new campaigns

20 comments in this topic

Members
73 posts
2,091 battles

I see there are still NO new campaigns for anyone under lvl 8??, oh thats right need to keep lvl 10 coiners happy because there are no lvl 8 or lvl 9's playing anyone else don't matter.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 5

[VVV]
Members
342 posts
2,249 battles
6 minutes ago, crickethunter_brown said:

I see there are still NO new campaigns for anyone under lvl 8??, oh thats right need to keep lvl 10 coiners happy because there are no lvl 8 or lvl 9's playing anyone else don't matter.

The campaigns are most often added to give long-time players more content and get them playing. I'd wouldn't expect many more campaigns with good rewards below Tier VII or VIII.

Also, why are you complaining about Campaigns? There's literally missions everyday for goodies and special Halloween stuff to boot. Why do you care about Campaigns that much?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
1,288 posts
3,583 battles
11 minutes ago, crickethunter_brown said:

Hmm, Battle-pirates reference I see. This game manages things better than Kixeye ever did. They're plenty of people playing at the higher Tiers in both this title and World of Tanks. Their is more influence on advancement in World of Warships by buying things of course. Wargaming is a business after all and cannot do ship modeling with cost or servers without cost. At least there is no uranium here to block research and create more chores. This game allows you the choice to play at the level your comfortable at and Tier 5,6, and 7 tend to be more fun for most players.

• Boring 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,848 posts
5,548 battles

A new campaign aimed at low tiers might be fun. It would have to have fewer rewards, but might still be a good time.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
1 hour ago, AtlanticRim said:

The campaigns are most often added to give long-time players more content and get them playing. I'd wouldn't expect many more campaigns with good rewards below Tier VII or VIII.

Also, why are you complaining about Campaigns? There's literally missions everyday for goodies and special Halloween stuff to boot. Why do you care about Campaigns that much?

Atlantic, I don't think that the OP is really wrong.  It would be nice to have a lower tier campaign.  I guess that the real question is what would be the end goal/reward be?   Hmmmmm.  I just had an interesting idea.

What if the devs created a low tier campaign where the final reward was the HMS Dreadnought that's being currently worked on?   I'd suggest that they could call it the Jutland campaign, though the Dreadnought wasn't present at the Battle of Jutland.

Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles

The ranked sprint had all the markings of low tier campaign.  It made all participants play low tier ships, it was giving out rewards in sequential manner, and it was over after set number of rewards.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles
6 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

The ranked sprint had all the markings of low tier campaign.  It made all participants play low tier ships, it was giving out rewards in sequential manner, and it was over after set number of rewards.

True, but I think the OP wants something lower-tier players can puddle through at leisure. Science of Victory starts off at Tier 3 and gradually escalates, but the reward at the end of that is ephemeral (7 days of premium time). It's not something you get to keep, like Halsey, Yamamoto or the Shinonome. I agree that a Tier 3 to Tier 5 campaign that offered a low-tier premium ship would be nice. Perhaps if they ever bring the Borodino (Tier 2 Russian pre-dreadnought) into the game, that (or the Dreadnought as suggested) might be a fitting prize.

Trouble with offering Dreadnought or some other new, unsold ship is that it will immediately kill all sales. It would have to be a ship that has had its day in the shop but is still interesting/weird enough for people to want to get. Perhaps the Mikasa?

Members
90 posts
826 battles

Maybe it's just the way I played, but shortly after finishing the first campaign I got t8 to start working on the new ones. It seemed well designed in that way to me.

• Cool 1

Members
73 posts
2,091 battles

True, but I think the OP wants something lower-tier players can puddle through at leisure. Science of Victory starts off at Tier 3 and gradually escalates, but the reward at the end of that is ephemeral (7 days of premium time).

as posted above by cthulhu this is something i have a choice to do not a event that is just given there is 3 for lvl 8 threw 10 (well for 10 anyway no one plays the lvl 8 or 9's), If it is not needed for lvl 3 to 7 then why is there 3 for 8 threw 10.

ps. and someone posted above about kixeye games I do not play there game anymore do to what i call stupid game progressing speed or over powering of ships that the average non-coiner just quits playing because they have no chance to catch up in game reality as some would say is in this game do to over powering of coined ships going from hundreds of thousands of players to less then 50 thousand players just my opinion.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
449 posts
953 battles
3 hours ago, Tanuvein said:

Maybe it's just the way I played, but shortly after finishing the first campaign I got t8 to start working on the new ones. It seemed well designed in that way to me.

Same here, and I didn't even finish all the tasks in Science of Victory, just enough to get all the final tasks unlocked.

[-WPG-]
Members
731 posts
3,145 battles

The grind from T8 to T10 is long. I think the campaigns are there to give you something to look forward to during that grind. Plus it's an incentive to play T8+ and, assuming the goal for many is multiple T10s, helps drive premium time and permacamo... which pay the bills. Even the reward for Science of Victory is there presumably to drive new players to purchase premium time. 

• Cool 1

Members
73 posts
2,091 battles

sense I have started playing this game the players online was at 13,000 it has been over a year or more and the number has not changed much a 1000 or more people are on the this kind of game and although the game play is fun but the cost just gets to a point of enough is enough rather then find more even ways to make there money they put ships out there that absolutely decimate the basic ships (that the noobs choose to use) to the point new players see this or read this and say not worth my time, you may say that is the way it is well then sooner then later you will be just playing fellow coiners in this game at lvl 10 .

Do not believe me went threw it with a game from kixeye named battle pirates Hundreds of thousands played at one time, absolute coining took over and they are down to 30,000 players on at a time and u MUST coin to keep up. I have quit this game for months came back I like others can quit forever if needed some will say good but remember the number of players online does not lie loose the new comer base u will loose the game unless u plan to start paying more for the purchased ships I can care less It's your money we just want it to be some what fair.

[-WPG-]
Members
731 posts
3,145 battles
29 minutes ago, crickethunter_brown said:

sense I have started playing this game the players online was at 13,000 it has been over a year or more and the number has not changed much a 1000 or more people are on the this kind of game and although the game play is fun but the cost just gets to a point of enough is enough rather then find more even ways to make there money they put ships out there that absolutely decimate the basic ships (that the noobs choose to use) to the point new players see this or read this and say not worth my time, you may say that is the way it is well then sooner then later you will be just playing fellow coiners in this game at lvl 10 .

Do not believe me went threw it with a game from kixeye named battle pirates Hundreds of thousands played at one time, absolute coining took over and they are down to 30,000 players on at a time and u MUST coin to keep up. I have quit this game for months came back I like others can quit forever if needed some will say good but remember the number of players online does not lie loose the new comer base u will loose the game unless u plan to start paying more for the purchased ships I can care less It's your money we just want it to be some what fair.

Why do you hate commas and periods?

• Funny 1

Members
1,237 posts
20,604 battles
21 hours ago, pewpewpew42 said:

A new campaign aimed at low tiers might be fun. It would have to have fewer rewards, but might still be a good time.

It could have great rewards, too.  Just make it a real challenge.  Like 200 DD kill; 3,000 fires; 100,000,000 credits; etc.

[TDRB]
Members
957 posts
3,653 battles

I do not have any ship above T8 and I find plenty to do.

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts
23 hours ago, crickethunter_brown said:

Nope. They need to keep the lvl 10 coiners happy. Get a tier 10.

• Bad 1

Members
73 posts
2,091 battles

I can't, I, can, not, get, past, tier 8, can, not, make, enough, credits, to, buy, the, next, ship.  ps. the guy above wanted me to use more commas why I'm not sure!!!

Members
17,764 posts
5,084 battles
11 hours ago, crickethunter_brown said:

they put ships out there that absolutely decimate the basic ships (that the noobs choose to use) 

Lolwut? I mean yeah, ok, premiums are usually slightly better in some aspect, but not even remotely to the point that tech tree ships are uncompetitive.

Do not believe me went threw it with a game from kixeye named battle pirates.

I didn't play BP, but I played Vega Conflict from the same company.

Now, I haven't played since this came out, (I found out about OBT start in VC chat) and when I played, it was money or time.

But this game is nowhere near that, if Kixeye made this game, if you weren't a coiner, if your ship got sunk in a T10 battle, it would be 4 days until you could play it again.

I got up as far as having 3 decent fleets of Apocs, and after an hour or so of fighting against another clan, I'd be stuck for a week doing nothing but farming and watching people try to wreck my base. This game isn't even in the same zipcode.

Members
17,764 posts
5,084 battles
9 hours ago, crickethunter_brown said:

I can't, I, can, not, get, past, tier 8, can, not, make, enough, credits, to, buy, the, next, ship.  

Yes you can.

You just might not be able to do it by playing your T8. You'll have to drop back and play lower tier ships to amass the needed credits. I got pretty much all the lines up to T8, and two to T9, without paying a cent.

I started paying for premium account (and that's all I pay for) to gain more elite XP on my 19-pt captains, and freeXP to work towards Nelson. I still play a lot of T5-8 ships, even though I don't have to, because I like the ships.

The only premium ships I have (or will ever have) are those I got for free.

And no offense, but learning to do more damage would help. You could buy the most OP premium there is, and I guarantee you'd be unimpressed by the results.

You ought to post some replays, there's probably something obvious you're doing, that correcting would really help your credit earnings.

[H_]
Members
691 posts
17 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

The grind from T8 to T10 is long. I think the campaigns are there to give you something to look forward to during that grind. Plus it's an incentive to play T8+ and, assuming the goal for many is multiple T10s, helps drive premium time and permacamo... which pay the bills. Even the reward for Science of Victory is there presumably to drive new players to purchase premium time. 

This is so true.   I'd love to see a new campaign every year....  They made game play interesting and always you have a "goal" to work for when grinding.   I like the idea of a "progressive campaign".   One that starts at Tier 7 and goes to tier 10...  A four level campaign that could be "nation oriented."  Say, you are grinding the German line of ships, the campaign then has rewards associated with German ships....  You'd have to chose the nation at the start and I think you could change that as you go.......  It's not that complicated.  The Halsey campaign was like that and I completed it grinding the IJN lines and only owning three "gift" German ships I received from a Xmas box gift when I was invited to join.....

I like the campaigns and I think they are good retention tools......  I miss having one active.

Sign in to follow this