Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AMajor

Establishing a second WoWs account

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

76
[DBM]
Members
345 posts
3,807 battles

Tried searching for this topic but didn't get any hits.  I want to establish a second account and go back to the beginning and work my way up one line without any doubloons, grinding my way the hard way.

My brother in law is interested in joining the game, so I want to be there with him from the beginning with none of my 19 pt captains, my gobs of free XP, and all of the other perks that I would probably try and cheat with.

I promise to come back and play with the rest of you miscreants:cap_cool: when I'm not helping him learn the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,015
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles

what's the question?  You're allowed to.  Once upon a time, it was considered frowned upon, however, WG employees have said it's OK.  You use a separate email address (don't forget to do the play with a friend thing to get the extra ships) and that's pretty much it.  I have a second account that I play from time to time myself on NA, and another one that I play on EU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
459
[LOU1]
Members
2,875 posts
8,004 battles

I think it is still permissible to have another account.  I did the same thing through the Steam client.  An advantage is that there are still some Steam Bundles available for that account only.  If you create a Steam account, it is under your Steam credentials.  If you are going to make a regular account, you have to use a different email address.

I will warn you that it is difficult to refrain from throwing money at the account.  It does serve the purpose of letting me relive my beginnings, but playing low tier ships with low skill Commanders and no modules without flags is quite the experience.  You will want to throw money at it to speed things up, but I think that is cheating.  Going the progression as a new person has given me a lot of insight to the comments and complaints I read on the forum nowadays.

Just guard your wallet....

Edited by ExploratorOne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
76
[DBM]
Members
345 posts
3,807 battles
6 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

what's the question?

I created a new account. but I don't know how to get to it.  When I launch either the game center of WOWs.exe, it defaults to my first account.  How do I tell it to use the second one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
334
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,019 posts
1,419 battles
21 minutes ago, AMajor said:

Tried searching for this topic but didn't get any hits.  I want to establish a second account and go back to the beginning and work my way up one line without any doubloons, grinding my way the hard way.

My brother in law is interested in joining the game, so I want to be there with him from the beginning with none of my 19 pt captains, my gobs of free XP, and all of the other perks that I would probably try and cheat with.

I promise to come back and play with the rest of you miscreants:cap_cool: when I'm not helping him learn the game. 

Technically, this is against the rules. According to the terms of service. you're only allowed 1 account per player. If you want to reroll...just do it. DONT POST ON THE FORUMS ABOUT IT AS YOU"RE ASKING TO GET BANNED.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,015
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles
17 minutes ago, Redwing6 said:

Technically, this is against the rules. According to the terms of service. you're only allowed 1 account per player. If you want to reroll...just do it. DONT POST ON THE FORUMS ABOUT IT AS YOU"RE ASKING TO GET BANNED.

NO, that is not true.  Several WG employees have said it's OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,015
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles
20 minutes ago, AMajor said:

I created a new account. but I don't know how to get to it.  When I launch either the game center of WOWs.exe, it defaults to my first account.  How do I tell it to use the second one?

When you login to your normal account, do a disconnect from server, NOT exit game.  That will redirect you to the login screen.  You enter your new username and password, and bam, clean account login.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
280
[-WPG-]
Members
735 posts
3,145 battles
22 minutes ago, Redwing6 said:

Technically, this is against the rules. According to the terms of service. you're only allowed 1 account per player. If you want to reroll...just do it. DONT POST ON THE FORUMS ABOUT IT AS YOU"RE ASKING TO GET BANNED.

Lol. Flamu and many CCs regularly post that "i'm playing on my Russian account" or "i'm on my NA account today". It's completely acceptable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,015
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles
Just now, DouglasMacAwful said:

Lol. Flamu and many CCs regularly post that "i'm playing on my Russian account" or "i'm on my NA account today". It's completely acceptable. 

He means on the same server.  The policy was changed a long time ago, you are allowed multiple accounts on the same server if you want now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,489
[INTEL]
Members
6,627 posts
25,312 battles

Do you have any idea how many accounts Flamu has on every server? Many. Just look at the names he plays under to be incognito.

I see no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
76
[DBM]
Members
345 posts
3,807 battles

Thanks all, I've figured it out.  BTW....this is GLORIOUS going back down to T1 cruisers.  No Radar, no CVs, no torps, just short-ranged gunboats.

I look forward to shepherding my Brother in Law into this game....

It will be interesting how my two personalities in the game evolve.

Just a suggestion: if you've felt like you're getting beat up at your current Tier, try dropping down to the place where you felt comfortable. It will be a real confidence booster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,015
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles
6 minutes ago, AMajor said:

Thanks all, I've figured it out.  BTW....this is GLORIOUS going back down to T1 cruisers.  No Radar, no CVs, no torps, just short-ranged gunboats.

I look forward to shepherding my Brother in Law into this game....

It will be interesting how my two personalities in the game evolve.

Just a suggestion: if you've felt like you're getting beat up at your current Tier, try dropping down to the place where you felt comfortable. It will be a real confidence booster.

It really did a lot for my game really.  I got a buddy to play, and I re-purchased the Phoenix (which I hated) to play with him, chosen simply because I had a spare US captain laying around to put in it.  SO much different experience.  While I was down there, I worked on skills that I had neglected, and did not survive well enough to practice at higher tiers.  Not getting wrecked bred confidence, which led to better play when I went back up to higher tier ships because I wasn't fighting myself as much anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
576 posts
13 battles
59 minutes ago, Redwing6 said:

Technically, this is against the rules. According to the terms of service. you're only allowed 1 account per player. If you want to reroll...just do it. DONT POST ON THE FORUMS ABOUT IT AS YOU"RE ASKING TO GET BANNED.

Lol plz I'm a player from Asia server and making this NA account using a different email from my Asia account is fine.

 

I actually feel a bit sorry for my enemies because it feels like I'm sealclubbing, considering I'm at 4k games in Asia.

Edited by RyuuohD_NA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
76
[DBM]
Members
345 posts
3,807 battles
1 hour ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

I actually feel a bit sorry for my enemies because it feels like I'm sealclubbing, considering I'm at 4k games in Asia.

It's nut seal clubbing if you're trying to help another player get better.  You self-censor yourself. If you're doing it for yourself, that is another matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
459
[LOU1]
Members
2,875 posts
8,004 battles
2 hours ago, Redwing6 said:

Technically, this is against the rules. According to the terms of service. you're only allowed 1 account per player. If you want to reroll...just do it. DONT POST ON THE FORUMS ABOUT IT AS YOU"RE ASKING TO GET BANNED.

It is one account per email address.

I can't find any mention of multiple accounts:

http://legal.na.wargaming.net/en/end-user-licence-agreement/

Edited by ExploratorOne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×