Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
chewonit

Turning pink because the game crashed

9 comments in this topic

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
1,814 posts
10,692 battles

image.png.52a558ab1b3c788062b51cc8e6a9f663.png

Crashed when starting a match. Same error trying to reconnect. GG. WG.

• Boring 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
1,814 posts
10,692 battles

Is this fair? I can only reconnect after the match is over and get this.

image.png.63c69d6a6df152034f2de28712135c21.png

Pink is no big deal. But if the stupid game crashes again when I am pink, I'd turn brown and be banished. Is it so hard on the server side to detect lost connection? As a programmer, I find it hard to believe.

• Boring 1

Members
3,400 posts
6,060 battles

A reaction to the many players whining about the AFK 'problem' that was not much of an actual problem.  The game can't tell a reason why a connection was dropped - just that the connection was dropped.  It could have been from an ISP issue or just from closing the game.  However - the game is very stable for the absolute vast majority but I don't believe one more crash will make you go brown.  If crashes are that frequent - then you need to find the issue with the hardware or drivers.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,015 posts
11,538 battles

Yes it's fair.  Your team was down a ship.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
1,659 posts

OP -- as infuriating as it can be... everyone knows that entire system is a sick joke, and that you're more likely to be the victim of bad luck or a troll than actually have done anything wrong if you're pink. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
338 posts
6,530 battles

when the game crashes, shut the game down, Ctrl+alt+Del, do whatever you have to in order to close the program...

AND THEN

Start the game back up.

It's that simple.

As long as you reconnect within 5 minutes you will be perfectly fine and not ruin other players experiences. Heck I've seen people start up in 10 minutes and not get flagged. Did it myself.

If it takes you longer than 5 minutes to start the game back up and reconnect, then you might want to get a better machine or internet provider.

If your crashes are anything like mine, you shouldn't have a problem getting back into the game after the initial error. If for some reason the thing just refuses to start back up at all, then you might want to go ahead and try to find out why that is before attempting to play.

Edited by Levits

Members
705 posts

The game itself and the servers are quite stable.

Find and fix your issue. Run the check/repair tool. Use the crash report feature. Run Windows update, especially for DirectX and .NET updates and hardware drivers.

Don't try to play with a half-dozen other apps running, especially multimedia. The game isn't terribly demanding, but Windows is easier to gag than a gourmet chef at McDonald's when you blow up the hyperthreading with heavy multitasking.

Sign in to follow this