You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

please help with urashima captain build

6 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
966 posts
3,746 battles

I'm not a DD driver and I am asking for suggestions to spec the Urashima captain for the Halloween Ops. I'm having great success with the Svyatozar & the Magnu-s.

Also, I haven't seen a lot of Urashimas so far in the ops. Any reason why?

[S0L0]
Members
855 posts
4,688 battles

I don't use a normal DD build for that ship, since it's not a normal battle. You don't need CE, since you always operating detected.

I went:

PT/PM

AR/LS

SE/TAE/DE

IFHE

Priority Target isn't as much use in the scenario as it normally is, but it's still nice to know when to hit the "Don't shoot,pls" button.

Matt

[KP]
Members
2,007 posts
18,484 battles
49 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I'm not a DD driver and I am asking for suggestions to spec the Urashima captain for the Halloween Ops. I'm having great success with the Svyatozar & the Magnu-s.

Also, I haven't seen a lot of Urashimas so far in the ops. Any reason why?

There is an algorithm or some such that makes the bots go after the lowest HP ship. I'm a DD main in randoms but never play them in Ops.

[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
138 posts
12,249 battles

Tier 1: Preventive Maint (1 pt)

Tier 2: Last Stand, Adrenaline, Jack of Trades, Expert Marksman (8 pt)

Tier 3: Survival Exp, Torp Expert (6 pt)

Tier 4: fire prevention (4)

Reasons: The Urashima spends most of the game inside the Filth zone. Priority target is useless as bots will spawn on top of you AND you have a consumable for throwing off the bots' targeting algorithm. Furthermore, your job as the DD is to kill off the Gorgon CV, which will permaspot you with planes. Skip concealment expert for the same reason. Bots have a super high fire chance, so take FP for better survivability.

[NG-NL]
Members
4,966 posts
8,109 battles
1 hour ago, mobryan said:

I don't use a normal DD build for that ship, since it's not a normal battle. You don't need CE, since you always operating detected.

I went:

PT/PM

AR/LS

SE/TAE/DE

IFHE

Priority Target isn't as much use in the scenario as it normally is, but it's still nice to know when to hit the "Don't shoot,pls" button.

Matt

IFHE is useless since with TAE, you got torps reloading in 45 seconds, not to mention the instant TB reload consumable. The base 7% fire chance and 7-sec reload makes DE very meh.

I went PT/JoaT/EM/AR/LS/TAE/SI/CE, basically focused on harassing. SI is especially key if you like wandering in the filth firing torps left and right, since the anti-guidance system consumable keeps you safe from anything except secondaries and bombing runs.

49 minutes ago, AbyssAngkor said:

Tier 1: Preventive Maint (1 pt)

Tier 2: Last Stand, Adrenaline, Jack of Trades, Expert Marksman (8 pt)

Tier 3: Survival Exp, Torp Expert (6 pt)

Tier 4: fire prevention (4)

Reasons: The Urashima spends most of the game inside the Filth zone. Priority target is useless as bots will spawn on top of you AND you have a consumable for throwing off the bots' targeting algorithm. Furthermore, your job as the DD is to kill off the Gorgon CV, which will permaspot you with planes. Skip concealment expert for the same reason. Bots have a super high fire chance, so take FP for better survivability.

That seems a build for aggressive DDs? FP has limited utility unless like getting swarmed by bots--and my experience is even a Magnu-s falls quickly if bots focus it.