You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kirby

Battle of the River Plate in training room

6 comments in this topic

Members
17 posts
1,525 battles

Now that UK cruisers are in, it could be possible to replicate some of the famous naval battles from WW2, I decided to try figure out what battles I could theoretically replicate using the training room, and decided to go with the Battle of the River Plate.

Ships

The first obvious ship is the Admiral Graf Spee, the German tier 6 premium cruiser, I believe that if you don't have it you could substitute either the cruiser Nurnberg or the battleship Bayern.

For the British the Ajax and the Achilles were both Leander class light cruisers and can be represented in game by the tier 6 Leander class however the Exeter which was a York class heavy cruiser is not in game how ever it could be supplemented by a third Leander class or left out entirely.

the map could be anything honestly but I prefer ocean

all in all though this was just my thoughts on how it could be possible to implement historical naval battles for those who want to reenact certain engagements, and possibly ideas for wargaming to insert a historical PvE/PvP scenario for WoWS  

[TF16B]
Members
8,062 posts
16,992 battles

Probably what you’re saying is best.

Historical battles apparently flopped in Tanks big time, and the Warships team appears reluctant to risk that happening.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,158 posts
8,766 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Probably what you’re saying is best.

Historical battles apparently flopped in Tanks big time, and the Warships team appears reluctant to risk that happening.

I feel that they flopped in tanks because too many people were queueing up in the heaviest tanks and not enough in the light and medium tanks.

[LANCE]
Members
291 posts
3,095 battles
24 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I feel that they flopped in tanks because too many people were queueing up in the heaviest tanks and not enough in the light and medium tanks.

Exactly this ^^^^^^

I was really excited by this when they introduced it into WoT but like you pointed out, most people queued up using the biggest tanks allowed in the battle.

The only way they could do this successfully would be in a “divisioned” or clan type battle where the team was organized in the division of friends or clans first then you join a queue to fight it out. If they organized the xp like they do in clan battles where the winning team all get the same xp and same for the losing team it would be fairer as it would perhaps encourage players to play the “lesser” ships as xp wouldn’t be divied out via who got the most damage.

I’d love to see this added as an event or challenge

[TF16B]
Members
8,062 posts
16,992 battles
30 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Gasp... Shock...

Everyone wanted to carry the clubs I guess.