You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Seagrizzly

Hocky Jersey Ovechkin

14 comments in this topic

[SC]
[SC]
Alpha Tester
114 posts
5,273 battles

Is the only way to get him to buy containers?  I have finished the collection, finished the 4 missions and have both us and Soviet commander and even bought 6 containers but have gotten nothing. Of my assumptions are correct you only have 4 free shots at getting camo and commander correct?

Can you buy him somewhere?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,314 posts
10,106 battles
6 minutes ago, Seagrizzly said:

Is the only way to get him to buy containers?  I have finished the collection, finished the 4 missions and have both us and Soviet commander and even bought 6 containers but have gotten nothing. Of my assumptions are correct you only have 4 free shots at getting camo and commander correct?

Can you buy him somewhere?

You can buy him in the Premium shop but he costs $50 US. You can buy premium crates or earn crates (the #8 ones) and have a chance at getting a mission for him. Those are the only ways to get him = buy outright or get a mission from a crate.

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/8459/

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/october-missions-2018/

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[SC]
[SC]
Alpha Tester
114 posts
5,273 battles

Ahh there it is were you can purchase him.  I couldn't find that.  $50 bucks for a commander though wow that is quite a bit.  Has anybody purchased him?

[TDG]
Members
1,126 posts
5,651 battles
5 minutes ago, Seagrizzly said:

Ahh there it is were you can purchase him.  I couldn't find that.  $50 bucks for a commander though wow that is quite a bit.  Has anybody purchased him?

The doubloons to convert enough XP to train a new 15-point captain are worth more then $80.

Also, he is one of the few captains that can be assigned to different nations.

I bought him as I don't expect to find the mission in the crates, and I don't already have a 15-point Russian commander.  And I will need another new commander for my mainline Russian DDs anyway.

Edited by YeOldeTraveller

[SC]
[SC]
Alpha Tester
114 posts
5,273 battles

One of the few I think he might be the only one if I am correct?  Maybe it's worth the money just to have him.  I wish they would show what commander you were running in the match like when you get killed like they show your patch so at least you can brag a bit about what one you have on the boat.

Might be worth the purchase I guess.

Members
287 posts
4,284 battles
1 minute ago, Seagrizzly said:

One of the few I think he might be the only one if I am correct?

There is a High School Fleet girl who is a German that I think can also be used on IJN ships.

[TDG]
Members
1,126 posts
5,651 battles
17 minutes ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

There is a High School Fleet girl who is a German that I think can also be used on IJN ships.

And that might only be HSF commanders on HSF ships.  I never looked too hard.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,314 posts
10,106 battles
28 minutes ago, Seagrizzly said:

I got the mission for him. $50 is a lot but he comes with 15pts and can go on US and RU ships.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,314 posts
10,106 battles
3 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

I had no idea I could put my HSF Graf Spee Capt (Thea Kreutzer) on Japanese ships. I just looked and yup I can. LOL you learn something new every day and I have had her for almost a year. :Smile_facepalm:

[TDG]
Members
1,126 posts
5,651 battles
32 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I had no idea I could put my HSF Graf Spee Capt (Thea Kreutzer) on Japanese ships. I just looked and yup I can. LOL you learn something new every day and I have had her for almost a year. :Smile_facepalm:

I figure it is a very poor day when one doesn't learn something.

[PVE]
Members
8,785 posts
7,234 battles
2 hours ago, Seagrizzly said:

One of the few I think he might be the only one if I am correct?  Maybe it's worth the money just to have him.  I wish they would show what commander you were running in the match like when you get killed like they show your patch so at least you can brag a bit about what one you have on the boat.

Might be worth the purchase I guess.

2 hours ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

2 hours ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Thea, German HSF girl, can go on any German ship, but only on the IJN HSF Harakaze. Akeno, IJN HSF girl, can go on any IJN ship, but only on the German HSF Graf Spee.

[MWM]
Supertester
250 posts
6,647 battles

I am just going to hold out for a mission, because in my case I have more captains than I need and a 15 point one is nice I have no idea where I would put him other than my T5 Gremy or something since all my T10s have 19pt cpts already. I mean once you get your 1st 19pt that CXP builds up quickly then you have 2,3 ...etc ..etc and right now I have about 1M CXP but really not a captain that needs it for anything. But if you have the spare funds and you can get what I call the "Dollar Per Hour or DPH" out of the CPT than its a good buy. I just don't know that I would get 50 hours in that 1 Cpt. But if that DPH works for you then yeah it's totally a awesome buy. 

Edited by Malarkey_

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,314 posts
10,106 battles
12 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Thea, German HSF girl, can go on any German ship, but only on the IJN HSF Harakaze. Akeno, IJN HSF girl, can go on any IJN ship, but only on the German HSF Graf Spee.

Thanks for more info on that. I only did a quick look and did the assign to part and saw IJN came up. I didn't actually keep going to see what ships. As it turns out I have no qualifying IJN ships to use her on.

• Cool 1