You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Salmack

Torps Launched against cliff

8 comments in this topic

[-BB-]
[-BB-]
Beta Testers
6 posts

I do not understand how a plane can launch torps so close to a cliff.  They armed as they hit me.  At first I thought that the damn island was launching torps.

How the hell.png

[MEIST]
Members
790 posts
2,952 battles

Helicopters placed them next to you. That was in the last patch. Joking of course. I have seen that on the forums before and I don't know how they could do that.

Beta Testers
478 posts
6,371 battles

If you watch the animations of the aircraft they really dont drop like they did in real life.  It is possible that if you were a tad closer to the island they would have dropped on land.  However since they drop pretty much vertically (90 degrees) for WoWS I can see this happening.

So I guess suffice to say, don't look for realism in aircraft mechanics.

Members
1,924 posts
3,190 battles

Tiny bit closer and you would've been safe. Just unlucky. Also what Siegewolf said.

[TBOW]
Members
1,184 posts
10,432 battles
54 minutes ago, Salmack said:

I do not understand how a plane can launch torps so close to a cliff.  They armed as they hit me.  At first I thought that the damn island was launching torps.

How the hell.png

Torps have a 1km range before they arm.  

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
934 posts
6,308 battles
55 minutes ago, Siegewolf said:

If you watch the animations of the aircraft they really dont drop like they did in real life.  It is possible that if you were a tad closer to the island they would have dropped on land.  However since they drop pretty much vertically (90 degrees) for WoWS I can see this happening.

So I guess suffice to say, don't look for realism in aircraft mechanics.

Yes. They are essentially dive bombers that launch a torpedo. 

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts
9,189 battles
1 hour ago, Salmack said:

How the hell.png

Always one of my biggest complaints about CVs...until Strafing, observation plane fighters, and...... ....the infamous shore drop...I have seen ships torped in the channel on Big Brother...lol.   The shore drop was the beginning of my strong dislike for having CVs being in the game, beside the fact a CV Admiral would never purposely put his fleet CV within 200 miles of an enemy surface ship...hence my stand that CVs should be out of the game, though I played them up to T7 and retired mine for the duration.

• Cool 1