Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Fighting Friday - Destroyer Dance of Death

11 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
789 posts
5,772 battles

WG_SPB_WoWs_Screenshots08_update-0511_1920x1080.jpg.jpg

Which destroyer in your fleet is your best and contesting and challenging other DDs for an objective?

Securing the objective is one of the primary missions of a destroyer.

A sure bet is when capping an objective, it will be challenged by the enemy's destroyer(s) and you will have to fight it out.

When doing the destroyer dance of death, which DD gives you the best chance to win the knife fight and continue to battle the enemy fleet?

"Never fear your enemy but always respect them." - John Basilone, US Marine Corps

#fightingfriday

#anchorsaweigh

[TBW]
Members
6,328 posts
11,883 battles

The Monaghan of course. Really though I fight with all of them (if spotted), some DD captains never even shoot the guns.

• Cool 1

Members
29 posts
2,517 battles

So far I think the Lightning is my favorite. But I don't have any Tier10 DDs yet. Even at Tier8 I can still outplay most Tier10 DDs in a 1v1 fight. The DPS of the Japanese Tier10 gunboats and the Daring and Jutland are a little hard to cope with but I manage.

• Cool 1

Members
140 posts
15,521 battles

Grozovoi

Kill enemy cruisers, friendly cruisers move in, enemy DDs out.

Contesting caps in one of the biggest and most common mistake made by DD captains and often leads to lost objectives, lost of ship, and complaints about radar.

• Cool 1

[WPE-2]
[WPE-2]
Beta Testers
168 posts
3,417 battles

Just did a test battle in the Le Terrible earlier. I feel like it may be a terrifying ship if divisioned up with a smoke carrying DD.

• Cool 1

[ALPHA]
Members
401 posts
8,364 battles

Khabarovsk, because russian bias is very effective. I sink enemy DD on the cap (and get it after) without any respect.

Spoiler

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,374 posts
7,959 battles

Tier 5 - Kami clones

Tier 6 - Shinonome and Gaede

Tier 7 - Maybe Minsk at the moment. 

Tier 8 - Akizuki hands down as my only other 8's are Loyang (which is good but) and Kagero with it's over nerfed torps

Only 9 and 10 I have are Yugumo and Shimakaze. Need to get the credits for Kita, Still on the Mahan to Benson grind, have Mass and Gadjah to buy, and debating skipping tier 6 straight to 7 on UK because Acasta was freaking painful af and RNG hated me. 

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
789 posts
5,772 battles
14 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

Tier 5 - Kami clones

I have to admit, when I see any of the Kamikaze clones (including the Fujin) I am especially wary of finding them first and sinking them.

Otherwise, I'm on the receiving end of their torpedo spread....

"Show me a hero and I'll show you a bum." - Gregory "Pappy" Boyington, US Marine Corps

#anchorsaweigh

Members
622 posts
6,893 battles

The Kami or Shima can be very good at indirectly challenging a cap. 

I'll keep them spotted for my team to shoot at while I stay in stealth.

People do the crazies things like coming to a stop and smoking up right in front of me. They can't see me. Get most of my DD kills with torpedos that way.

I'm not there to gun fight straight away. I can always come back. Better to gun duel when I have the advantage of health or allies.

Edited by Capt_Mexib

Members
3,634 posts
13,443 battles

For cap contesting; Lo Yang. For scouting, sneak torpedo attacks, and being a PITA to the reds; T-61. For seal clubbing; Vampire and V-170. For gunning and running: Blyskawica. (I play Blyskie like she's a CL with no citadel)

[RST]
Members
325 posts
6,718 battles

Lower tier I seem to do well in US DDs (Wickes/Clemson/Nicholas), but I feel like someone else said my Kamikaze is good at indirect cap contesting, especially if I get an opponent who turns away when spotted and I can skirt the cap edge undetected capping & spotting for my team. 

Mid tier I feel Haida is pretty decent, but looking at my win rate I may still have a ways to go in her.

High tier surprisingly my best is Yugumo, although my experience in non-IJN high tier DDs is minimal.

Sign in to follow this