You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kirby

Best Crusier for Secnario

19 comments in this topic

Members
17 posts
1,525 battles

I'm Currently looking for a Cruiser for scenarios, any suggestions? one for tier 6 and one  for tier 8 and one or two for tier 7

Edited by Kirby

[OKM]
Members
66 posts
1,642 battles

For tier 7, definitely Fiji. Tier 6: la Galissonière. Tier 8: Cleveland. That way you can do all scenario requiring specific country, and I do feel that those ships are top dog in their tier.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,509 posts
7,398 battles

I use my Nurnberg for T6 ops.  Fast guns, good maneuverability, and 6k torps.  I don't have a Perth, but I have clanmates that use it a lot for ops.

For T8, I like Charles Martel. Same reasons, but you also pick up 3 more km of torp distance.

T7 selections would be Atlanta or Belfast if ya got'em.. If not Fiji .     I just started using Helena for ops, it's ok, but my captain needs more skills to really evaluate.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,342 posts
11,500 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Graf Spee does a wonderful job in tier 6 Scenerios.

You and that slow ROF floating citadel ship.....

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,767 battles
1 minute ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

You and that slow ROF floating citadel ship  Corgi Pocket Battleship...

Lol made the corrections to your post lol. :Smile_great:

The Flag of the Corgi Fleet flys over the Graf Spee just as it always has under my command. :Smile_smile:

748D5D3B-35D7-4818-8958-20CB8A8F449A.thumb.jpeg.a57553c46cd4323797c0190b2a6b54b1.jpeg

• Funny 1

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,450 battles

I would recommend Budyonny, Shchors, and Chapayev. With the high velocity shells and good AP for easy citadels, I find it much easier to carry in the Russian cruisers. I would note though that it is much better if you have IFHE.

Here are some video examples of what I mean for you to watch if you like.

Budyonny:

Killer Whale

Aegis

Shchors

Narai

Chapayev

Cherry Blossom

Edited by Lightninger

[INTEL]
Members
6,632 posts
25,386 battles

My choices are:

Budyonny - Fiji - Helena - Chapayev

If you add Premiums I would add De Grasse - Belfast - Atlanta - Boise/9 de Julio

[WOLF9]
Members
1,048 posts
1 hour ago, Kirby said:

I'm Currently looking for a Cruiser for scenarios, any suggestions? one for tier 6 and one  for tier 8 and one or two for tier 7

For tier 6 my order of preference would be Degrasse, Nurnberg, Budyonny.

For tier 7, Atlanta, Helena, or Schorrs. They play very differently. I prefer the US line for Narai, and the Rusian for Ultimate Frontier

Tier 8, there is but one choice: Cleveland(which used to be the one choice for tier 6, but...). Chapayev will also do nicely, it just has that typical Russian cruiser trait of maneuvering like a pregnant yak.

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
591 posts

Really depends on the scenario.  2 main categories, hard hitting or volume fire.  I've had the best luck in:

6 - Pensacola and La Galssionniere.

7 - Yorck and Atlanta

8 - Baltimore and Cleveland

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,582 posts
3,925 battles

At those tiers, you should carry both light and heavy cruisers.

@jmanII above makes good recommendations.

Some alternatives to consider:

For a tier 7 light cruiser, Helena.  For a tier 8 heavy I've been getting good results with Charles Martel - it does have the drawback of not having radar, but then it has both a fighter and DFAA available to it.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,342 posts
11,500 battles
3 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol made the corrections to your post lol. :Smile_great:

The Flag of the Corgi Fleet flys over the Graf Spee just as it always has under my command. :Smile_smile:

748D5D3B-35D7-4818-8958-20CB8A8F449A.thumb.jpeg.a57553c46cd4323797c0190b2a6b54b1.jpeg

Most Graff Zepplin drivers turn to launch their torpedoes....

Giving a nice juicy broadside...

Besides a slow, for cruisers, ROF, they often see 3 shells bracket a ship and do no damage...

Experienced Graff Zepplin pilots know the aggressive forward angles on the torpedoes and use it.

They also understand how to compensate for the German dispersion...

Somebody asking what a good cruiser in scenarios is undoubtedly new and will not be able to finesse a Graff hydro....

I VOW TO SINK EVERY CORGI ON THE ENEMY TEAM.....as yet I have yet to meet 1...

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,043 posts
11,539 battles
On 10/26/2018 at 11:40 AM, alexf24 said:

My choices are:

Budyonny - Fiji - Helena - Chapayev

If you add Premiums I would add De Grasse - Belfast - Atlanta - Boise/9 de Julio

This is probably the best advice.  You can make a case for Indianpolis too, but I'd reach for Boise/NdJ first.

If you're looking for one line to rule them all, USN CLs.  Dallas - Helena/Boise - Cleveland is a winning combination for all situations.

Edited by crzyhawk

[INTEL]
Members
6,632 posts
25,386 battles
6 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

This is probably the best advice.  You can make a case for Indianpolis too, but I'd reach for Boise/NdJ first.

If you're looking for one line to rule them all, USN CLs.  Dallas - Helena/Boise - Cleveland is a winning combination for all situations.

I would have mentioned Indianapolis as I like it but most people do not.

[CVA16]
Members
2,195 posts
9,669 battles
On 10/26/2018 at 8:12 AM, OtterWolf said:

T7 selections would be Atlanta or Belfast if ya got'em

One problem with Atlanta is (I think) the AI currently targets the ship with the lowest HP given a choice of targets. Most of the time, that is going to be the Atlanta. Most Scenarios are not conducive to the Atlanta playstyle of finding a convenient rock and turning on the fire hose. Not saying you can't make it work, but I think the average player may struggle a bit. Belfast can bring smoke which I don't know if the AI knows how to deal with. (will the ai torp smoke?)

[TF-62]
Members
19 posts
On 10/26/2018 at 11:12 AM, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Graf Spee does a wonderful job in tier 6 Scenerios.

The GS is probably my favorite ship in the game, but I disagree with this. It's DPM is abysmally low. A Dallas packs much more punch in scenarios. I think the Graf Spee and Scharnhorst should get a Sigma buff just a wee bit and/or reduce reload time a wee bit.

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,767 battles
2 hours ago, Raptor05121 said:

The GS is probably my favorite ship in the game, but I disagree with this. It's DPM is abysmally low. A Dallas packs much more punch in scenarios. I think the Graf Spee and Scharnhorst should get a Sigma buff just a wee bit and/or reduce reload time a wee bit.

The guns with Adrenaline rush get better reload than the standard Graf Spee Reload, combined with the fact it’s AP shells can shred Citadels of Enemy ships in Ops and it can heal HP makes for a good Operations ship. Also if you know how to trick bots with your Torps then those work well in addition to the guns. And the AA while not that great can still know down enough planes to be serviceable.