You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
UltimateNewbie

Sovereigns - are they done?

15 comments in this topic

[FML]
Members
1,626 posts
9,884 battles

So, I bought the UK commander for 110 Sovereigns, and now I have 180 Sovereigns left... not quite enough for a Gallant (200) or Warspite (220).  The next two RN missions dont seem to be awarding any sovereigns, nor any crates with sovereigns in them.  Is it possible/likely for any more Sovereigns being issued via crates, or is the only way now to buy them?

Members
6,624 posts
25,265 battles

No more. Use them for signal flags or camo. Else you will get credits for them when they are removed.

I took flags.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
933 posts
8,744 battles
49 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

So, I bought the UK commander for 110 Sovereigns, and now I have 180 Sovereigns left... not quite enough for a Gallant (200) or Warspite (220).  The next two RN missions dont seem to be awarding any sovereigns, nor any crates with sovereigns in them.  Is it possible/likely for any more Sovereigns being issued via crates, or is the only way now to buy them?

Premium crates are the only option now. It’s not free, but it is financially worth it if you want Warspit or Gallant. For Gallant you’ll need to spend $6 for two crates and for Warspite $9 for three. Also check your math, Bert Dunkirk was only 100 sovereigns, you may have ten more than you think.

[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
226 posts
3,216 battles

Any news on how much we will get for the Guinea's.

[PVE]
Members
8,823 posts
7,254 battles
33 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

Nothing yet. 

@UltimateNewbie lots of info on the RN event here

[WOLFB]
Members
417 posts
3,620 battles

Yeah @UltimateNewbie I would recommend you look into it a little more before you spend any more Sovereigns (read the thread @Kizarvexis posted and the WoWs website and stuff) and you might decide that $6 or $9 for a premium ship is worth it.

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
781 posts
5,764 battles
1 hour ago, DarkStormy said:

Guineas will remain in game until 0.7.12.

News will probably be available during 0.7.11 announcing the status of Guineas moving forward.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/royal-navy/

#anchorsaweigh

Members
970 posts
5,682 battles
41 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

Yeah @UltimateNewbie I would recommend you look into it a little more before you spend any more Sovereigns (read the thread @Kizarvexis posted and the WoWs website and stuff) and you might decide that $6 or $9 for a premium ship is worth it.

Yes, this here.

Six bux gets you enough to get a Gallant, nine suits you up for a Warspite.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
1,722 posts

I'm debating whether to use either of the RN currencies for anything, or just take the credit payout. 

Meh, on all counts.

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
918 posts
6,285 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Nothing yet. 

I keep thinking about buying the 10 Guineas for $1. Might be worth it even if I don't want Cossak. 

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
1,626 posts
9,884 battles
6 hours ago, Jester_of_War said:

I ended up buying the Warspite, as I had the Gallant already. 

7 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Nothing yet. 

@UltimateNewbie lots of info on the RN event here

Thanks, had read that and thought the quantum would be more like 400 if I was sufficiently active, alas Halloween happened instead. 

[WOLFB]
Members
417 posts
3,620 battles
21 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

thought the quantum would be more like 400 if I was sufficiently active

You're not alone. At the beginning Wargaming did make it look like we would be able to get a lot more Sovereigns. A lot of us were quite excited about it. To bad it didn't work out.

As it is, I'll be pleased to get the Cossack and Gallant. I don't really play battleships, so not a big loss there. Would have been nice to pick up a 10 point commander.

It seems like a lot of people are speaking up about feeling burnt out on the RN Event grind. I wonder if that wouldn't be happening if we were still winning Sovereigns.

[PVE]
Members
8,823 posts
7,254 battles
46 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I ended up buying the Warspite, as I had the Gallant already. 

Thanks, had read that and thought the quantum would be more like 400 if I was sufficiently active, alas Halloween happened instead. 

21 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

You're not alone. At the beginning Wargaming did make it look like we would be able to get a lot more Sovereigns. A lot of us were quite excited about it. To bad it didn't work out.

As it is, I'll be pleased to get the Cossack and Gallant. I don't really play battleships, so not a big loss there. Would have been nice to pick up a 10 point commander.

It seems like a lot of people are speaking up about feeling burnt out on the RN Event grind. I wonder if that wouldn't be happening if we were still winning Sovereigns.

Yep, when the Sovereigns were stated to be staying through 7.10 it sure seemed like we could earn them in 7.10. When the 7.10 Dev blog came out, we updated the post and others were started about Sovereigns ending on patch 7.9. A lot of the salt in the forum would be washed away with a more clear, straight forward comprehensive article on the various events going on. It seems that there are 3-4 separate groups working on things that don't seem to coordinate very well. Which is sad.

[ERN]
Beta Testers
4 posts
6,063 battles

I got the Warspite as well, since I tend to despise playing DD's.  So not getting the Gallant is a non-issue for me.