You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__JD___

Ranked Light or shortened format.

30 comments in this topic

[DCRN]
Beta Testers
39 posts
6,536 battles

Ths new format WG setup was a good idea till I see the evil in their intentions. I started as a rank 10 and fairly quickly got to rank 3. That was the brick wall. I could not win a game or 3 to get to rankl 2. I couldn't figure out why until I started looking at who I was playing against. All of a sudden the team on the left (my team) were your average skill level players. The team on the right (enemy) consisted of anywhere from 1 to as many as 4 Super level players with the fancy patches and big award guys. What I am saying is the deck is stacked and if WG wants to see people leave out of frustration thats a good way to achieve it.

• Bad 3

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
584 posts

There is a simple solution: DON'T PLAY

[WOLF5]
Members
1,495 posts
2,050 battles

Wait, you're saying WG intentionally rigged their MM against you in particular?

Did it occur to you that maybe it might have something to do with your skill level instead? Like that's how Ranked works? Everyone gets stopped at their skill level.

[WGA]
Administrator
661 posts
249 battles

The goal of the Ranked Sprint was to allow players who normally couldn't participate or wanted to invest a little less time an opportunity to play Ranked.  The Sprint did consisted of Tier V and will last a short time but no other changes (especially MM) have been made.  We're very interested in everyone's experience with this so definitely appreciate your thoughts!

Members
15 posts
6,010 battles

Yes.....It just gets harder the closer to # 1 you get, I think you just have to play smart to your strengths and know when to pull back

and when to attack .......and know your ship!!... I got to # 1 with the K-Berg a soled CL at least for me I felt 1 vs 1 with another CL/CA I could

win.......I think in ranked Flanking with a couple ships with good heath at the right time is Key!! to winning?

As per the Question......I don't think WG is stacking the deck.....for me I want to play against the best players!

Edited by ASCHEER_3055

[TBW]
Members
6,336 posts
11,884 battles

I did it in 26 Battles and drunk for all of them. Cabin Still shots. With a 69% WR to boot. Try it with whiskey. If you are old enough, that is.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
387 posts
3,334 battles

I actually played a few games this time around.  The quick format seemed like less of a major time investment.  2-3, rank 8.  Yeah, meh results but I kinda liked it.  I don't do much random or ranked but this was a nice little foray for me to get my feet wet again.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
242 posts
4,107 battles
1 hour ago, __JD___ said:

The team on the right (enemy) consisted of anywhere from 1 to as many as 4 Super level players with the fancy patches and big award guys

correction. the enemy team is filled with players who also were good enough to reach rank 3 too. feel the reward for your good play. 

you should be thankful your loss places them one star closer to "out of cue".  my advice, stop spending time looking at the stats and spend more time planning the way to win. 

Edited by skillztowin
  • Cool 2

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles
1 hour ago, __JD___ said:

Ths new format WG setup was a good idea till I see the evil in their intentions. I started as a rank 10 and fairly quickly got to rank 3. That was the brick wall. I could not win a game or 3 to get to rankl 2. I couldn't figure out why until I started looking at who I was playing against. All of a sudden the team on the left (my team) were your average skill level players. The team on the right (enemy) consisted of anywhere from 1 to as many as 4 Super level players with the fancy patches and big award guys. What I am saying is the deck is stacked and if WG wants to see people leave out of frustration thats a good way to achieve it.

5QmN3T0.jpg

:Smile_veryhappy:  I'm sorry.  I really am laughing at you, not with you.

Wait...is that how that saying goes?  Eh, regardless, I said it right.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 1

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,799 posts
18,709 battles
2 hours ago, __JD___ said:

Are you kidding me ?    I never played RANK until this so called Mini rank with tier (5)s came out. I gave it a go and to my surprise found it to be VERY enjoyable and sadly Ranked out within (24) hours to number (1).  In two weeks Mini rank (2) with (8) Vs (8) will come out.…. Can't wait for that to begin ! ! !

Members
1,240 posts
20,608 battles

Well, it can be frustrating.  Best I've ever done in real ranked was level 2 a few seasons ago.  This shortened season I breezed through to level 3.  But when I got to getting the last win for rank 1 my teams kept  losing and I got kicked back.  Sometimes went to rank 3.  This happened about 5 times.  But on the 6th try - yippee!  Irony is in that battle my play in a BB didn't matter, as we had outstanding DD players.  But I was so busy I didn't get a chance to thank my team mates.

Hang in there and soldier (sailor) on.

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles

:Smile_facepalm:

There are no words for something like this ... 

:Smile_facepalm::Smile_facepalm::Smile_facepalm::Smile_facepalm::Smile_facepalm::Smile_facepalm::Smile_facepalm:

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

Members
3,635 posts
13,459 battles

You may find this useful...

741525332_Tinfoilfedora.jpg.29ab6796cb9cd391d56450a4ae51c133.jpg

[TF16B]
Members
8,063 posts
16,998 battles

Got to R3 with a smattering of other ships, but mostly Bogue.

May switch back to Pumpkin to go the rest of the way.

(Tired of basically being a free kill for destroyers with nothing better to do. Though admittedly; I tried harder to stay closer in the game that got me to 3, and our DD came back to help when the anklebiter inevitably showed up.)

[TOG]
Members
2,365 posts
14,610 battles
3 hours ago, Radar_X said:

The goal of the Ranked Sprint was to allow players who normally couldn't participate or wanted to invest a little less time an opportunity to play Ranked.  The Sprint did consisted of Tier V and will last a short time but no other changes (especially MM) have been made.  We're very interested in everyone's experience with this so definitely appreciate your thoughts!

Well, it's not as bad as regular ranked. Better in fact.

The Good

1. No radar CA's to mess around.

2. The irrevocable T5 and T3 helps a lot.

3. T5 allows you to avoid being dev struck at once.

4. Not going bonkers over the grind. I normally stop at T10 in regular ranked because the rewards was not worth the salt.

The bad

1. You still have  players who still think they are in random at R3. 

2. I should had gone into division. I went solo.

Improvement:

I'd like an option of either coal or steel R1 reward.

Beta Testers
413 posts
9,694 battles

First Rank set that I bothered to run down to 1.  (Mainly due to tier 5 fujin...)

Sad when I hit 1 and couldn't keep playing with a bunch of good players.   First few matches back into random were... bad.

Tier 5 only is ruled by torp DDs.   With no radar or higher tier cruisers to keep them suppressed, Kami/Mine/Fujin ruled.   Got stomped a couple times by gun DDs, but other than that, DD torps were the way to go.

Note 1:  MM put me into 2 "I'm top tier" matches in a row after the ranked run.  I suspect it got confused by the 24 tier 5 matches in a row, and thought I desperately needed to be top tier to catch up.

Note 2:  MM's weighting for me going back into random was... painful.  I got weighted so high that I had to quit for the day.   (This could just be the shock of leaving rank 2 battles back to random though.)

Idea:  Continue ranked battles after hitting 1, but only allow rank 1 players into it....  (I might be a glutton for punishment.)

[HINON]
Members
8,836 posts
3 hours ago, vanFrozit said:

Note 1:  MM put me into 2 "I'm top tier" matches in a row after the ranked run.  I suspect it got confused by the 24 tier 5 matches in a row, and thought I desperately needed to be top tier to catch up.

Note 2:  MM's weighting for me going back into random was... painful.  I got weighted so high that I had to quit for the day.   (This could just be the shock of leaving rank 2 battles back to random though.)

Idea:  Continue ranked battles after hitting 1, but only allow rank 1 players into it....  (I might be a glutton for punishment.)

MM doesn't look at your winrate or stats when building teams just ship type and tier.

Beta Testers
413 posts
9,694 battles
18 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

MM doesn't look at your winrate or stats when building teams just ship type and tier.

It does so.  Wargaming has said that MM uses your recent win rate to "make the game more challenging".   They don't talk about it much, but there was a dev discussion about it.

[HINON]
Members
8,836 posts
29 minutes ago, vanFrozit said:

It does so.  Wargaming has said that MM uses your recent win rate to "make the game more challenging".   They don't talk about it much, but there was a dev discussion about it.

Source? That is a pretty big claim and I can find multiple times where the devs have stated the exact opposite including in their many Q&As.

Beta Testers
413 posts
9,694 battles
9 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Source? That is a pretty big claim and I can find multiple times where the devs have stated the exact opposite including in their many Q&As.

They have a patent on it.  US Patent 8425330.  From 2013.  However, they have scrubbed all forum mentions of it.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US8425330

[HINON]
Members
8,836 posts
5 minutes ago, vanFrozit said:

They have a patent on it.  US Patent 8425330.  From 2013.  However, they have scrubbed all forum mentions of it.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US8425330

Ah the patent conspiracy which has been debunked countless times and the devs have stated repeatedly they dont use it. Many corporation buy patents they will never use. Owning a patent does not equal that they are using it.

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
3,923 posts
14,719 battles

I was was stuck at rank three for days. Then this morning three wins in a row and I was rank 1. You just got to keep trying

Beta Testers
413 posts
9,694 battles
On 10/26/2018 at 4:36 PM, RipNuN2 said:

Ah the patent conspiracy which has been debunked countless times and the devs have stated repeatedly they dont use it. Many corporation buy patents they will never use. Owning a patent does not equal that they are using it.

When that first came out circa 2013, the devs did say that they were making MM more challenging.   Personally, my experience at the high end of the win rates says that it is being used.  And I could make some other observations about how it is nearly impossible to get below a 42% win rate in tanks and ships, and how that is rather statistically odd.   But I don't expect to ever "win" an internet discussion.   I just use my own observations and analytical skills, and make my own conclusions.

[HINON]
Members
8,836 posts
1 hour ago, vanFrozit said:

You made the claim that WG has stated they use winrate for MM but you have yet to support your claim with corroborating facts. I couldn't care less about Wot, Wows uses a completely different studio and these devs have stated numerous times that winrate is not used. Your feeling about the MM isn't relevant to an objective discussion as it could very likely be confirmation bias. If you have some measurable data to support your claim, please share it. 

Beta Testers
413 posts
9,694 battles
On 10/27/2018 at 6:49 PM, RipNuN2 said:

You made the claim that WG has stated they use winrate for MM but you have yet to support your claim with corroborating facts. I couldn't care less about Wot, Wows uses a completely different studio and these devs have stated numerous times that winrate is not used. Your feeling about the MM isn't relevant to an objective discussion as it could very likely be confirmation bias. If you have some measurable data to support your claim, please share it. 

Measurable data is pretty much impossible for me to acquire due to lack of access to the extensive database on player performance (unless I care to go black hat).

Trusting what WG claims about such a topic is like trusting what Trump says.   The negative political effects of publicly admitting MM bias is very high.

My own personal experience as a high win rate player leads me to believe some form of bias is occurring.   It is difficult for me to estimate your own experience given the "hide my stats" you have set, but that in itself leads me to certain conclusions.

Note that any bias will negatively affect high win rate players, and positively affect low win rate players.....