Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ace6steel

RN CVs are on the way!

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

20
[SPTR]
Members
783 posts
2,196 battles

Many of us have been wondering since the intro of the Royal navy tree: "when are the RN CVs coming?"

Well I was surfing Youtube one day and found on Panzerknacker's channel a WiP video showing the upcoming RN CVs

Note: No gameplay, more of a preliminary tech tree design

In my experience this probably won't come out until the new year or well after the CV rework is released

Video:

 

Edited by Ace6steel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,364
[-K-]
Members
5,044 posts
8,928 battles

Guaranteed you won't see this live until quite some time after the CV rework is finalized.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20
[SPTR]
Members
783 posts
2,196 battles
5 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Guaranteed you won't see this live until quite some time after the CV rework is finalized.

that we can agree on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
145
[RTXN]
Beta Testers
581 posts
51 minutes ago, Ace6steel said:

Many of us have been wondering since the intro of the Royal navy tree: "when are the RN CVs coming?"

Well I was surfing Youtube one day and found on Panzerknacker's channel a WiP video showing the upcoming RN CVs

Note: No gameplay, more of a preliminary tech tree design

In my experience this probably won't come out until the new year or well after the CV rework is released

Video:

 

News broke Oct 18th on dev blog. Suggest you try reading it more, you could join in on the conversations that were posted 5-6 days ago!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,965
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,720 posts
7,354 battles

It'll be a year, at the very least, before we see them in game, and that's if we ever do. No way of knowing how the CV rework will end up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,313
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,461 posts
6,631 battles
28 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

No way of knowing how the CV rework will end up

badly of course. WG set expectations too high, playerbase is very unforgiving.

28 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

It'll be a year, at the very least, before we see them in game

Sooner, they are already present in the in the test client(s). 

Though with the rework, carriers are far less interesting, it is sad RN cvs will finally get released, just as carriers are nerfed into the dust, so much, as ships go, to be forgettable. While we will not be able to enjoy Spitfire vs Messerschmitt dog fights, but confined to repetitive striek attacks, with little to no influence on/engagement with, teamwork.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,965
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,720 posts
7,354 battles
5 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

badly of course. WG set expectations too high, playerbase is very unforgiving.

Sooner, they are already present in the in the test client(s). 

Though with the rework, carriers are far less interesting, it is sad RN cvs will finally get released, just as carriers are nerfed into the dust, so much, as ships go, to be forgettable. While we will not be able to enjoy Spitfire vs Messerschmitt dog fights, but confined to repetitive striek attacks, with little to no influence on/engagement with, teamwork.

Line releases tend to be Sept/Oct and Jan/Feb, they're in no condition to be released during that time frame. It'll be next fall at the earliest before they go live, if they ever actually do.

 

*Full lines, not talking about line splits.

Edited by Th3KrimzonD3mon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20
[SPTR]
Members
783 posts
2,196 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

badly of course. WG set expectations too high, playerbase is very unforgiving.

Sooner, they are already present in the in the test client(s). 

Though with the rework, carriers are far less interesting, it is sad RN cvs will finally get released, just as carriers are nerfed into the dust, so much, as ships go, to be forgettable. While we will not be able to enjoy Spitfire vs Messerschmitt dog fights, but confined to repetitive striek attacks, with little to no influence on/engagement with, teamwork.

I've already seen this on rework threads

DON'T REINVENT THE WHEEL WG

just take out strafe and manual drops and we're all good

it's literally those two things that show the MASSIVE skill gap between CV players

also the reason why people tend to stay away from CVs because they are bad and will get de-planed by a T6 (Ryujo/Independence) while they're in a T5 (Zuiho/Bogue)

also they don't pay attention to which ships are AA spec'd/no-fly-zone AA

they just need to make some minor changes, not re-invent the wheel for christ sake

saw some footage of the rework: Takes the CV out of CV

thoughts?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24
[--1--]
Members
152 posts
2,453 battles
On 10/25/2018 at 11:47 AM, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Line releases tend to be Sept/Oct and Jan/Feb, they're in no condition to be released during that time frame. It'll be next fall at the earliest before they go live, if they ever actually do.

 

*Full lines, not talking about line splits.

Obviously they will be released. They already have icons and are in super testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,922 posts
3,181 battles
On 10/26/2018 at 4:41 PM, Iron_Salvo921 said:

Obviously they will be released. They already have icons and are in super testing.

Unless WG goes ahead with the CV test changes, the eventual end result of which will be that CVs go away entirely and planes will be launched from off-map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24
[--1--]
Members
152 posts
2,453 battles
54 minutes ago, Harathan said:

Unless WG goes ahead with the CV test changes, the eventual end result of which will be that CVs go away entirely and planes will be launched from off-map.

I disagree, I think there will always be CV's and yes WG will go through with the test they have worked so hard on it and spent so much money on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
493
[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,427 posts
4,526 battles

There are naval games that should not have carriers.

World of Sail games.

And, perhaps, Ironclads.

But aircraft and airships even made their mark on the naval encounters of World War I.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,922 posts
3,181 battles
20 hours ago, Iron_Salvo921 said:

I disagree, I think there will always be CV's and yes WG will go through with the test they have worked so hard on it and spent so much money on it.

Given that the majority of feedback on the test changes was negative, WG going ahead with the changes live will considerably reduce the number of CV players. Furthermore, the changes as they were on the test server essentially make the class of CV you're sailing completely redundant; it becomes just a generic moving launch platform, something that exists purely as a reference point to show where planes are coming from. I'm not going to get excited about a new CV line if the test changes roll out, because at that point it's not a new CV line; it's the same generic moving launch platform, just with a different flag on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
493
[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,427 posts
4,526 battles
11 hours ago, Harathan said:

Given that the majority of feedback on the test changes was negative, WG going ahead with the changes live will considerably reduce the number of CV players. Furthermore, the changes as they were on the test server essentially make the class of CV you're sailing completely redundant; it becomes just a generic moving launch platform, something that exists purely as a reference point to show where planes are coming from. I'm not going to get excited about a new CV line if the test changes roll out, because at that point it's not a new CV line; it's the same generic moving launch platform, just with a different flag on it.

Quote your source?

I tested it. I gave it (mostly) positive feedback. But I know I was but one vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,922 posts
3,181 battles
On 10/30/2018 at 10:52 PM, HMS_Formidable said:

Quote your source?

I tested it. I gave it (mostly) positive feedback. But I know I was but one vote.

Reading thru the actual feedback thread. Even the most positive replies generally come with caveats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
493
[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,427 posts
4,526 battles
8 hours ago, Harathan said:

Reading thru the actual feedback thread. Even the most positive replies generally come with caveats.

Not sure all those posting the feedback thread were actual testers, given the general level of ignorance.so often displayed.

And yes, one should expect caveats for any early stage mechanic. I gave plenty of them also.

But I can see its potential, flexibility and playability. I can't see any real improvements to the current system that would deliver similar results.

IMHO of course. The proof will be in the numbers who take up playing carriers once the fix is released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
21 posts
4,579 battles
On 10/25/2018 at 11:49 AM, jmanII said:

News broke Oct 18th on dev blog. Suggest you try reading it more, you could join in on the conversations that were posted 5-6 days ago!

Based on the little research that i did, i have come to the conclusion that the Royal Navy has more than 10 classes of ships so filling in the gap is a bit of a challenge. 

 

I hope the ark royal is in there, love the name.

1920px-HMS_Ark_Royal_h85716.jpg

Edited by Carlos_Rivas_13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×