Jump to content
TheURLGuy

Let’s Talk About "Claim Containers of the Great Eight Collection While You Can"

37 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,354
[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,202 posts
6,973 battles
5 minutes ago, Primace said:

can't wait the Halloween containers! 

In the meantime you can earn some Ovechkin containers and enjoy its contents!

#anchorsaweigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,031
[TBW]
Members
7,229 posts
13,353 battles

Claim is misleading, it's more like purchase.

claim

VERB
  1. state or assert that something is the case, typically without providing evidence or proof.
    "he claimed that he came from a wealthy, educated family" ·
    synonyms:
    assert · declare · profess · maintain · state · hold · affirm · avow · aver ·
NOUN
  1. an assertion of the truth of something, typically one that is disputed or in doubt.
    "he was dogged by the claim that he had CIA links" ·
  2. a demand or request for something considered one's due.
    "the court had denied their claims to asylum"
    synonyms:
     
     
    Pur-chase
     
    VERB
    acquire (something) by paying for it; buy.
    "Mr. Gill spotted the manuscript at a local auction and purchased it for $1,500"
     
     
Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
94
[DRI-S]
Members
613 posts
17,705 battles
38 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Claim is misleading, it's more like purchase.

claim

VERB
  1. state or assert that something is the case, typically without providing evidence or proof.
    "he claimed that he came from a wealthy, educated family" ·
    synonyms:
    assert · declare · profess · maintain · state · hold · affirm · avow · aver ·
NOUN
  1. an assertion of the truth of something, typically one that is disputed or in doubt.
    "he was dogged by the claim that he had CIA links" ·
  2. a demand or request for something considered one's due.
    "the court had denied their claims to asylum"
    synonyms:
     
     
    Pur-chase
     
    VERB
    acquire (something) by paying for it; buy.
    "Mr. Gill spotted the manuscript at a local auction and purchased it for $1,500"
     
     

100% Agreed !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,354
[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,202 posts
6,973 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Claim is misleading, it's more like purchase.

claim

VERB
  1. state or assert that something is the case, typically without providing evidence or proof.
    "he claimed that he came from a wealthy, educated family" ·
    synonyms:
    assert · declare · profess · maintain · state · hold · affirm · avow · aver ·
NOUN
  1. an assertion of the truth of something, typically one that is disputed or in doubt.
    "he was dogged by the claim that he had CIA links" ·
  2. a demand or request for something considered one's due.
    "the court had denied their claims to asylum"
    synonyms:
     
     
    Pur-chase
     
    VERB
    acquire (something) by paying for it; buy.
    "Mr. Gill spotted the manuscript at a local auction and purchased it for $1,500"
     
    Although the containers are available to purchase, they can be earned through the mission to earn the Ovechkin Soviet captain.
     
    #anchorsaweigh
     

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18
[VX9]
Beta Testers
193 posts
9,426 battles

I had thought about buying some to complete the collection (when i thought they might be at $3) , but at $5 a container it is not worth it at all.  Sorry but no go on this kind of price increase for just flags with small chance to get other stuff.  If $5 is the norm for containers now ill probably be slowly not buying as much and get to point ill just wait for a nice prem ship here and there to go on sale.  I know last year I went nuts for xmas and Halloween but that was at the $3.00 price or bundle deals at $15.00.  Though even that is slightly out of my budget I felt they were worth the value.  Vary few of the containers that have come out from WG are worth the $5 price tag.

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9 posts
4,553 battles

After the many containers I opened during the RN event failed to yield a single solitary destroyer mission, I clearly have zero luck with container RNG. I've also not managed to get a super container in over a year. It's safe to say, I will never buy another container again. I've learned I'd literally be throwing my money away, when I could be spending it on known rewards in other games. I'll stick to the ones I earn from the event, and expect pretty much nothing as usual. At least there's a 10 point captain at the end of this one...

Edited by Mechduck
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,354
[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,202 posts
6,973 battles
9 minutes ago, Mechduck said:

After the many containers I opened during the RN event failed to yield a single solitary destroyer mission, I clearly have zero luck with container RNG. I've also not managed to get a super container in over a year. It's safe to say, I will never buy another container again. I've learned I'd literally be throwing my money away, when I could be spending it on known rewards in other games. I'll stick to the ones I earn from the event, and expect pretty much nothing as usual. At least there's a 10 point captain at the end of this one...

I also went a good 4 months before I finally rolled a supercontainer as well! (x100 signals)

The RnG gods are strange like that.

Good luck with completing the Ovechkin mission!

#anchorsaweigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
140
[NAUTY]
Members
538 posts

IT appears I have a mission for the Russki Ovechkin commander, as well as the USA operations rewards for a commander. It'll be cool to get him into both nations.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[ERK]
Members
12 posts
21,849 battles

I finished the first Ovechkin cc with no problems.  However on the second one, English and Russian, I click on participate and nothing happens.  I went to the Wargaming net central and it show me participating.  I don't see a mission or anything listed like the first one.  Can anyone provide any advice or help?  Thanks in advance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,512
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,140 posts
19,957 battles
6 hours ago, Mechduck said:

After the many containers I opened during the RN event failed to yield a single solitary destroyer mission, I clearly have zero luck with container RNG. I've also not managed to get a super container in over a year. It's safe to say, I will never buy another container again. I've learned I'd literally be throwing my money away, when I could be spending it on known rewards in other games. I'll stick to the ones I earn from the event, and expect pretty much nothing as usual. At least there's a 10 point captain at the end of this one...

Yeah buying containers is always iffy and the recent ones have been expensive and contain little of any value. Best not to use real money to get them, collect the free ones and move on. It is kind of sad, they used to be fun and fairly inexpensive. With the changes to them around the Aigle mission (thereabouts) they are unexciting and unimaginative. The best thing about all the crates in game, IMHO, is the oil. Don't even pay attention anymore to what is inside them since they seem to continually disappoint. Wargaming really makes it easy not to spend money on their product. 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
531
[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

Pity that some of us cannot play the game, the bugs are getting worse.

Graphical glitches, then crashes... now lock ups....

And WoWs has the nerve to say claim things while you can. I'm not going to make rank 1 ..... I'm rank 3, but the bugs means I cannot play.... I want the Kitty flag, but I cannot play.... I want the Ovechkin containers, but I cannot play the game due to the bugs....

AND NOW THEY DARE TELL ME I CAN BUY THE CONTAINERS????? (you have no idea how hard it is right now to not use profanity)

You have known about the bugs for months, promises of a patch won't cut it anymore. I used to like playing this game, but no more. You have destroyed it.

God help us when we find all the bugs in the rework update.

Seriously, for me, 9 out of 10 games crash or lock up. Tell me again how I can get to R1 or win anything when the game locks up and I'm made pink for being AFK?

I will not buy the containers, not till hell freezes over will I give you anymore money till I can actually pay the game.

I'm getting so used to pink that I'm thinking of painting the car that colour as well as the letter box.

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,512
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,140 posts
19,957 battles
4 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

Pity that some of us cannot play the game, the bugs are getting worse.

Graphical glitches, then crashes... now lock ups....

And WoWs has the nerve to say claim things while you can. I'm not going to make rank 1 ..... I'm rank 3, but the bugs means I cannot play.... I want the Kitty flag, but I cannot play.... I want the Ovechkin containers, but I cannot play the game due to the bugs....

AND NOW THEY DARE TELL ME I CAN BUY THE CONTAINERS????? (you have no idea how hard it is right now to not use profanity)

You have known about the bugs for months, promises of a patch won't cut it anymore. I used to like playing this game, but no more. You have destroyed it.

God help us when we find all the bugs in the rework update.

Seriously, for me, 9 out of 10 games crash or lock up. Tell me again how I can get to R1 or win anything when the game locks up and I'm made pink for being AFK?

I will not buy the containers, not till hell freezes over will I give you anymore money till I can actually pay the game.

I'm getting so used to pink that I'm thinking of painting the car that colour as well as the letter box.

There was a Wargaming reported bug with the clan patch you are using. They didn't specify anything in particular and have not said whether it has been fixed yet (that I have seen) so might change patches until they get that squared away. My game used to crash quite a bit until I muted all sound.... It is very funny, got tired of the loud explosion when you get killed and the "BATTLE STARTS" that screams thru the speakers and no amount of adjusting the different volumes would mute those annoying things so I just turned off everything. When I did that, discovered two things. One, the game was far more enjoyable and less stressful, I daresay relaxing. The second thing I found out is my game quit crashing every 5 or 6 games. It is totally stable, zero issues at all..... All this time I thought it was a graphics issue, it was a sound issue. Anyways I want to thank the person who thought it was a cute idea to SCREAM at the players at the beginning of the match and who made the "death explosion" so loud that I found it obnoxious and solved my own crashing issues without any help from Wargaming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
531
[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

There was a Wargaming reported bug with the clan patch you are using. They didn't specify anything in particular and have not said whether it has been fixed yet (that I have seen) so might change patches until they get that squared away. My game used to crash quite a bit until I muted all sound.... It is very funny, got tired of the loud explosion when you get killed and the "BATTLE STARTS" that screams thru the speakers and no amount of adjusting the different volumes would mute those annoying things so I just turned off everything. When I did that, discovered two things. One, the game was far more enjoyable and less stressful, I daresay relaxing. The second thing I found out is my game quit crashing every 5 or 6 games. It is totally stable, zero issues at all..... All this time I thought it was a graphics issue, it was a sound issue. Anyways I want to thank the person who thought it was a cute idea to SCREAM at the players at the beginning of the match and who made the "death explosion" so loud that I found it obnoxious and solved my own crashing issues without any help from Wargaming. 

TYPICAL! This really IS typical for WG.NET!

Reinstalled the game and found I have been made pink for 4 games because I "left early".... NO, the (expletive deleted by me) bug filled crappy game locked up again.

This game is NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,935
[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,228 posts
1 hour ago, kiwi1960 said:

 

 

Sounds like maybe you should take your business elsewhere? You're clearly not enjoying yourself

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
8 posts

Yeah, I was trying to decide whether or not buying any of those containers was worth it for the chance at the camo, but then I saw Flamu's video of him opening up 15 great 8 containers that WG gave him for free, and he didn't get either the dual nation commander or a camo, and that would have cost us almost $70. After that I said, nope, if his attempts can't get anything at all, what chance do the rest of us have...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,935
[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,228 posts
2 minutes ago, Lancemann123 said:

Yeah, I was trying to decide whether or not buying any of those containers was worth it for the chance at the camo, but then I saw Flamu's video of him opening up 15 great 8 containers that WG gave him for free, and he didn't get either the dual nation commander or a camo, and that would have cost us almost $70. After that I said, nope, if his attempts can't get anything at all, what chance do the rest of us have...

Last Halloween I flung $100 at them for boxes. Got all the skins, about $50 worth in doubloons and enough free XP to get all the way through the French battleship tree when it landed.

It depends on the crates.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17
[ROG]
[ROG]
Members
24 posts
9,662 battles

Well i purchased a couple containers and a lenningrad dropped...I already own that ship with a 18 point captain. I received some credits port slot and a commander.

Edited by Explodingdeath
new information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,354
[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,202 posts
6,973 battles
1 hour ago, Explodingdeath said:

Well i purchased a couple containers and a lenningrad dropped...I already own that ship with a 18 point captain. I received some credits port slot and a commander.

Nice! Congrats!

#anchorsaweigh

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
24 posts
3,520 battles

Don't buy them people, 12 containers and not a single mission, mostly duplicate collection items, definite crock considering how it's worded as well "Certain Probability" 12 containers and no mission doesn't mesh with that wording.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,512
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,140 posts
19,957 battles
12 minutes ago, bulldog1986 said:

 "Certain Probability"

They used these words with the containers last go around too and I think it is intentionally misleading. Although grammatically correct, no one speaks or writes like that (i.e. "Yes, we have no bananas") and IMHO it was done to intentionally fool customers. I normally am against regulation of most kinds but maybe there should be government intervention that requires posting of the odds when dealing with "loot boxes" and the like. Most of us are aware that the odds are bad but if companies are going to intentionally mislead consumers then protections should be forced on them. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
126
[NAB]
Members
408 posts
8,735 battles

I am looking forward to the Halloween crates but these hockey crates were just miserable; a complete and total waste of money.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,180
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,618 posts
11 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

They used these words with the containers last go around too and I think it is intentionally misleading. Although grammatically correct, no one speaks or writes like that (i.e. "Yes, we have no bananas") and IMHO it was done to intentionally fool customers. I normally am against regulation of most kinds but maybe there should be government intervention that requires posting of the odds when dealing with "loot boxes" and the like. Most of us are aware that the odds are bad but if companies are going to intentionally mislead consumers then protections should be forced on them. 

:Smile_great::Smile-angry:

37 minutes ago, driedjello said:

I am looking forward to the Halloween crates but these hockey crates were just miserable; a complete and total waste of money.

:Smile_great::Smile-angry:This

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×