You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cruxdei

le terrible in the prem shop

134 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
2,815 posts
3,913 battles

friday came faster than expected.

NgIs4I0.jpg

[-K-]
Members
5,038 posts
8,925 battles

Yet, there is no Wiki info on her.  Seems like they are kind of jumping the gun on this one.

Beta Testers
2,815 posts
3,913 battles

it looks like the ship have extra credit per battle,thanks to the permanent camo. i don't know if that is the -10% cost or more credits.

wish i could get her but i'm saving up for prinz eitel. i'm a fan of big gunboats with ridiculous guns.

Edited by Cruxdei

Members
1,451 posts
652 battles
3 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Yet, there is no Wiki info on her.  Seems like they are kind of jumping the gun on this one.

What they have is the torpedoes and AA.  The gun section shows a 6s reload and it has been mentioned it is 5s.

Also still WIP.

Kind of like buying a Let's Make a Deal Box right now.

[-K-]
Members
5,038 posts
8,925 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

What they have is the torpedoes and AA.  The gun section shows a 6s reload and it has been mentioned it is 5s.

Also still WIP.

Kind of like buying a Let's Make a Deal Box right now.

Well, can't exactly be a Work In Progress anymore  if I can buy this version of it.

Members
1,451 posts
652 battles
Just now, Ace_04 said:

Well, can't exactly be a Work In Progress anymore  if I can buy this version of it.

That was in the Wiki.

I looked what stats they show in the premium shop, and it shows most of them.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,275 posts
3,653 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

This.

If Terrible is available for purchase, that means this version is finalized, or at least considered to be so. Now, if it's an acceptable premium and in need of tweaks is another matter entirely.

So far there hasn't been a LWM review on the ship, I'm really curious to see Mouse's opinion.

[-K-]
Members
5,038 posts
8,925 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

That was in the Wiki.

I looked what stats they show in the premium shop, and it shows most of them.

I'll gladly wait for @LittleWhiteMouse's review before making any final decisions on Le Terrible.  Up to this point, Aigle has fulfilled all my needs for a French destroyer, so unless there is something new this ship brings to the table (ie: a good competitive-use ship?), I'm not sure how much reason there is to pull the trigger.

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
819 posts
4,509 battles

Going to skip this one. I find it funny that they mention it gives up smoke for main battery reload. Yeah I get a few more shots in before I die because I can't disengage. Should have been a choice between a heal or smoke. 

Beta Testers
2,815 posts
3,913 battles
1 minute ago, Mainerd said:

Going to skip this one. I find it funny that they mention it gives up smoke for main battery reload. Yeah I get a few more shots in before I die because I can't disengage. Should have been a choice between a heal or smoke. 

with that speed,disengaging won't be a problem.

Beta Testers
600 posts
5 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I'll gladly wait for @LittleWhiteMouse's review before making any final decisions on Le Terrible.  Up to this point, Aigle has fulfilled all my needs for a French destroyer, so unless there is something new this ship brings to the table (ie: a good competitive-use ship?), I'm not sure how much reason there is to pull the trigger.

Same here, I know zero about the Le Terrible :Smile_facepalm:

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
819 posts
4,509 battles
Just now, Cruxdei said:

with that speed,disengaging won't be a problem.

After you fire your guns it's 20 seconds after you stop firing no matter how fast you move.

Beta Testers
2,815 posts
3,913 battles
4 minutes ago, Mainerd said:

After you fire your guns it's 20 seconds after you stop firing no matter how fast you move.

don't stop firing.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
368 posts
3,279 battles

Hurry up, LittleWhiteMouse!  We need your input here.

Le Terrible seems to be an awful nice gunboat and dovetails nicely with the way I like to play my dds.  No smoke, no problem.  I usually rely on my maneuverability anyway.  I love a knifefight.

I have been learning when and how to use the reload booster with La Galissonniere.  

Please let us know what you think LWM.  I would be most grateful.

CS

p.s. - Can we all agree to call La Galissonniere by a handy nickname?  How about LA Gal, or Gwen?

p.p.s. - @LittleWhiteMouse Do you have a Ko-Fi account?  I feel the urge to buy you a coffee.

Edited by Captain_Slattery

[HINON]
Members
2,567 posts
18,513 battles

yeaaa it's a sexy bote but I'll definitely wait to see what Mousie says.

[-K-]
Members
5,038 posts
8,925 battles

I have plenty of T8 destroyers, so I'm just wondering, form a competitive sense, what this ship can bring to the table that any of the other ones at T8 can't.  Speed alone isn't a good enough selling point for me.

Beta Testers
2,815 posts
3,913 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I have plenty of T8 destroyers, so I'm just wondering, form a competitive sense, what this ship can bring to the table that any of the other ones at T8 can't.  Speed alone isn't a good enough selling point for me.

from what i saw yesterday,le terrible have a better muzzle velocity for her guns and mbrb on a 139mm gun looks nasty even if temporary. her maneuverability is what concerns me,waiting for that review to come out.

Edited by Cruxdei

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
819 posts
4,509 battles
Just now, Cruxdei said:

don't stop firing.

Which brings us back to "Yeah I get to fire my guns a few more times before I'm dead". 

I still think having a choice between a heal and smoke would be great. One way you can try to avoid the damage the other way you can try to heal it back if you survive. One caters to team play the other caters toward open water gun boating. Which would make the ship more interesting.

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
2,815 posts
3,913 battles
4 minutes ago, Mainerd said:

Which brings us back to "Yeah I get to fire my guns a few more times before I'm dead". 

I still think having a choice between a heal and smoke would be great. One way you can try to avoid the damage the other way you can try to heal it back if you survive. One caters to team play the other caters toward open water gun boating. Which would make the ship more interesting.

smoke only caters to teamplay if the DD use it like that, the heal is a double edge sword,it gives a false feeling of invincibility, i have a nueve de julio,healing all the damage taken only to get flanked by a enemy because i "rushed" is a good example. for now we will see how she fares in the live server. at gunfights with other DDs,if i stop firing my guns,i lose the caliber advantage,okhotnik is a example too,she relies on alpha dmg instead of RoF. still,i will wait for LWM review.

Edited by Cruxdei

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
819 posts
4,509 battles
3 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

smoke only caters to teamplay if the DD use it like that, the heal is a double edge sword,it gives a false feeling of invincibility, i have a nueve de julio,healing all the damage taken only to get flanked by a enemy because i "rushed" is a good example. for now we will see how she fares in the live server. at gunfights with other DDs,if i stop firing my guns,i lose the caliber advantage,okhotnik is a example too,she relies on alpha dmg instead of RoF. still,i will wait for LWM review.

That's how I play my DDs.  Smoke isn't for me it's for my cruisers. While I do have good guns on my DD I still can't match what a cruiser can do using it. I enjoy the Brit DDs but the smoke does seem a bit selfish in that I can't really provide a teammate with much of a escape or cover for firing.

Beta Testers
2,815 posts
3,913 battles
2 minutes ago, Mainerd said:

That's how I play my DDs.  Smoke isn't for me it's for my cruisers. While I do have good guns on my DD I still can't match what a cruiser can do using it. I enjoy the Brit DDs but the smoke does seem a bit selfish in that I can't really provide a teammate with much of a escape or cover for firing.

because british DD smoke is the antithesis of pan asian dd smoke for example,it is the defensive mechanism of british DDs since they lack speed boostah.

Edited by Cruxdei

[UFFA]
Members
514 posts
23 battles
36 minutes ago, Mainerd said:

I thought breaking LoS will lose the bloom aka hiding behind waifu-chan*?

* = Not a frakking clue if I'm doing that right or not. 

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
819 posts
4,509 battles
1 minute ago, Sparviero said:

I thought breaking LoS will lose the bloom aka hiding behind waifu-chan*?

* = Not a frakking clue if I'm doing that right or not. 

True but then you need to hug islands to break line of sight which kind of negates your speed. I have no idea what waifu-chan is either.