You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Constructive Feedback For WG RE: Events

27 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,344 posts
10,134 battles

As the title says this is offered as "constructive feedback" for WG and is not an attack on them nor do I want the thread to go that route either. Please to those who respond keep it civil and clean. Thanks.

As to that feedback...

1. The RN event is just too long. I am over it and tired of/bored with it. The event should have started and ended with the 1st part where you could earn the DD missions seeing as no collection was associated with it. It is just dragging on and on and on. Please keep these event mission chains to a shorter duration. And by that I mean don't make the various parts encompass multiple updates (ie; months). It is fine to set up an event mission and give it a long time to complete so those who don't play often have time but this event just goes on and on with a new part arriving with a new update for months on end. It is too much IMHO. 2 updates max with the 1st allowing early ship access and then the 2nd for the collection is ok, but, 3+ is just way too long, again, IMHO.
  2. Don't have ships that aren't even available, or are the event prize, be part of the requirements for the event missions. We have Cossack as the ultimate prize if you complete everything and spend for a few extra guineas yet it has been a part of these directive stages which to me makes no sense. Sure it is ok for someone who has it already but just why make the prize part of the requirements to fully complete it (ie; every directive not the # needed)? It defeats the purpose. Then we have these new directives calling for a ship not even available yet in the soon to be released French Premium DD. It isn't even available yet (tomorrow at earliest I would assume) and it isn't British either. This is an attempt to get us to buy the ship which just feels wrong to me.
  3. Offering a ship as the ultimate prize for MONTHS of grinding and playing should not cost us real money to actually get it. Yes you are providing a premium ship for the prize but if you choose to do that make it a real prize not a prize we have to pay for partially as that is no prize. I know it is just a few US Dollars but really??? All that effort put into completing this incredibly long grind and then oh yeah to actually get it go buy some Guineas. The prize should be given free not 99%/1%.
  4. Lastly, I actually like how you did the Ovechkin missions overall. Reasonable requirements with decent rewards. They were fun but didn't take months to do. However, with that said, you really need to give doubloon value for premium ships earned if the player already has the ship and not credits. This penalizes the player with the ship already. The players who don't actually get the premium ship which has real money value but for those who already have it we just get credits which have no value. You are awarding a set monetary value by giving the ship to those who do not have it already so why not be fair to those of us who do have it and give us the same real value by providing doubloons. You are doing this with the 15pt Ovechkin so why not the premium ships as well?

Not trying to attack you WG or anything. This is offered in a constructive manner. I enjoy the game and am glad you provide these missions and events for us. I just think you miss the boat at times (pun intended) on how you set them up.  

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 17

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,869 battles

You should be able to get the Cossack for $1 if you get the 10 Guineas special. I do believe we get doubloons if we already own the Cossack.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,912 battles

I am in complete agreement with this...

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

The RN event is just too long. I am over it and tired

and with this.

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Offering a ship as the ultimate prize for MONTHS of grinding and playing should not cost us real money to actually get it.

I appreciate that you are giving us a Tier VIII destroyer for dirt cheap, WG. But given that you offered us a Tier VII premium battleship this time last year for NOTHING, having the Cossack be free at the end of a three-month grind was not too much to ask. The escalating requirements are currently running hard up against a decreased window of playing time IRL for me, and while that's not something WG can predict or should be expected to cater for, it's making this campaign more of a desperate scramble than it ought to be, especially with some of the first-directive requirements including money grinds that can be quite hefty for anyone with limited play time who doesn't own the Money Ship.

I'm getting burned out much faster than I expected, and I'm increasingly cognisant of the fact that if I dropped a $1CDN coin into a jar every time I opened this game beginning at Day 1 of the event, I'd have enough to buy the damn ship before I finished the grind.

About the best thing right now is that the Sunray operation is very helpful for meeting some of the mission requirements (take the cruiser out and those 500 main battery hits go by in no time). But some things are a bit harder to do. I will be so glad when this event is over. I thought I was going to get her for $1.25CDN, but it might come down to bringing her down under $10.

• Cool 2

[H_]
Members
683 posts

Too much.....  I'm new and this game is a mess organizationally.   I've had to ask other players what the T6 CB thing is?  I won't ever spend real money with a foreign corporation; so, for those of us that are F2P, I'm not sure that the Royal Navy missions are "productive" because I didn't own a single British ship.  I did finally, after a long time, receive the special missions to obtain the lower two DD's....  Even after buying a lot of containers from earned value I couldn't get the Lighting or Cossack......  So, what's the point then?

The Halloween stuff isn't my "cup of kiddie tea" WG........  No thanks.  I'm a bit older than "oooooh and aaaaaah" gimmicks.  Good grief.

You are losing players; because, you are trying to be in all places at all times; trying to be all things to all people; and, that means, you are not able to be in the right place at the right  time doing the right things well.......  Quality defines you; because, quantity is only value added if it is the right stuff.....

[WGA]
Administrator
659 posts
249 battles

We appreciate the feedback!  Events as a whole vary from month to month to encapsulate both the theme of the update/feature currently available and what we feel players may enjoy accomplishing.  The RN Event in particular was meant to be lengthy and a bit challenging, so while some folks finish quickly we want everyone to have an opportunity. 

The rest of your feedback we'll obviously ensure is passed along to the team and again thanks for providing it!

• Cool 1

Members
706 posts

I think people are forgetting the free stuff you get along the way, and as the old say goes, there is no such thing as a free lunch, though in this case its a very reasonable $1 an you get to miss 8 directives.

[ADAPT]
Members
804 posts
12,760 battles

Theres nothng wrong, free ship will come with long grind, its same like other ship, duke of york  indi and kamikaze, october and others that i could not remember.

Just play random and the mission will complete if meet criteria. Just ignore the mission if you so bother by it and keep playing like usual. 

[S0L0]
Members
850 posts
4,618 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:
  1. Lastly, I actually like how you did the Ovechkin missions overall. Reasonable requirements with decent rewards. They were fun but didn't take months to do. However, with that said, you really need to give doubloon value for premium ships earned if the player already has the ship and not credits. This penalizes the player with the ship already. The players who don't actually get the premium ship which has real money value but for those who already have it we just get credits which have no value. You are awarding a set monetary value by giving the ship to those who do not have it already so why not be fair to those of us who do have it and give us the same real value by providing doubloons. You are doing this with the 15pt Ovechkin so why not the premium ships as well?

This ^^^

I know they moved away from the doubloon compensation for Prem ships to make more money, but my spending on WoWs has dropped significantly because of it. I used to buy pretty much anything I thought I wanted for doubloons, knowing that I'd restock eventually with lootbox drops or ship specials. Now, I find myself being much more frugal with my dubs, since the steady supply of discounted gold went away.

I especially like the bi-national commander gimmick, (though I have enough USN and Russian commanders I'm not interested in a $50 Ovechkin) and I hope they do some more of them, especially for newer or smaller nations. I would love to see Thomas Cochrane as a RN/Pan-American captain, perhaps with economic rather than combat bonuses. RN/Commonwealth is a no-brainer, too.

Matt

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,912 battles
1 minute ago, mobryan said:

I would love to see Thomas Cochrane as a RN/Pan-American captain, perhaps with economic rather than combat bonuses. RN/Commonwealth is a no-brainer, too.

You will see RN/Commonwealth long before RN/Pan-American (if at all), especially since Cochrane died long before the period covered by this game. You're more likely to see a US/Pan-American crossover, since the one Pan-Am ship currently in the game was an ex-US cruiser.

28 minutes ago, b101uk said:

people are forgetting the free stuff you get along the way,

True. Not as many containers this week, but a heck of a lot of premium consumables.

24 minutes ago, bandits86 said:

Just play random and the mission will complete if meet criteria

Sometimes you need to be particular in your choice of ship, and sometimes co-op is better for getting a few tasks completed and raising your morale.

[S0L0]
Members
850 posts
4,618 battles
27 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You will see RN/Commonwealth long before RN/Pan-American (if at all), especially since Cochrane died long before the period covered by this game. You're more likely to see a US/Pan-American crossover, since the one Pan-Am ship currently in the game was an ex-US cruiser.

With any of the Pan nations, it's going to be hard to choose a historic commander, since every nation has their own heroes. Cochane is unique in having served in the navies of two separate South American countries (Chile and Brazil) and being fundamentally involved in the independence of a third (Peru). It's not often you find someone who is a legit navel hero in multiple countries and continents... Official or not, the RN sent a LOT of officers and sailors to South American navies all the way up to the 1930's. There are any number of candidates for the job.

A USN/Pan-American crossover is certainly plausible, but the USN were Johnny-come-lately's in the military advisor business there. It wasn't really until after WWII that the US made much inroads into the stranglehold the UK had on the warship market, and even then, it was based on disposing of WWII hulls, rather than the new-build ships offered by UK firms.

Matt

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,155 posts
3,867 battles

Remember 2 years ago where a month of grinding got you 2 tier 7 cruiser premiums?

Apparently WG didn't like "tangible rewards and progress" and decided to make it a multi-month grind so people can get fed up with how long it is and stop.

Most likely it was motivated by "Just buy Cossack and finish it faster!" greed.

• Cool 1

Members
150 posts

Here is some constructive feedback to your constructive feedback.

This is quite possibly the best marathon for a Tier 8 prem. vehicle ever across all 3 titles. You don't have to quit your job, ignore your family, stop eating, or stop sleeping over a really tightly compressed time frame to get the missions done. Anyone who has attempted the various tier 8 premium tank marathons knows exactly what I mean.  Tanks could learn a LOT from this. Most everyone, even family people, or people that travel for work, can get this done and pay no more than $.99. Yeah, a whole buck for being given the convenience of doable missions spread over 3 months so that those who only play on weekends have a fair shot.  I don't have a problem with the $1. For that 1$, you only have to get 40 of the 48 directives done. Something is really difficult? Fine. You can skip those 8 times and still only pay the 1$. I know everyone here as at least that much to spend. 

I do agree with you on needing the Cossack to do some missions. That is very incredibly bonheaded on WGs part. But ,the rest of it I love. I love having something to do and accomplish in the game. That is what gives games replay value for me. I have 12 weeks of stuff to do that entices me to play on the weekends. Give me more! 

• Cool 3

Members
426 posts
6,213 battles
7 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

As to that feedback...

1. The RN event is just too long. I am over it and tired of/bored with it.
  2. Don't have ships that aren't even available, or are the event prize, be part of the requirements for the event missions. This is an attempt to get us to buy the ship which just feels wrong to me.
  3. Offering a ship as the ultimate prize for MONTHS of grinding and playing should not cost us real money to actually get it. The prize should be given free not 99%/1%.
  4. Reasonable requirements with decent rewards. They were fun but didn't take months to do. However, with that said, you really need to give doubloon value for premium ships earned if the player already has the ship and not credits.

Not trying to attack you WG or anything. This is offered in a constructive manner. I just think you miss the boat at times (pun intended) on how you set them up.  

This all was yet another counter-productive implementation no different than how WG has spent almost five years now getting it wrong with the Warplanes title.

With that clear as glass example there should definitely be less and not more of it getting put up for this title.

The ulta-grindy legendary module personal campaigns with one ship/set of ships should be the exception, not the rule - plus, how many folks stopped bothering with these types of mission sets after the Graf Spee campaign.

Not everyone is going to reach into their wallet merely to skip ahead, and sooner or later even the fanbois or churn players aren't going to want to do so either just to try and play amidst such a tiny server playerbase.

Wargaming needs to realize that, no matter how much they want to believe the opposite to be true; business or not, they're publishing a game that on some level they do (or, at the very least, should) want people to keep playing.

Less and less satisfying gameplay experiences isn't going to help out this situation either - folks still have to be able to at least maybe fulfill missions requirements without grinding out dozens of matches per session.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People
  • Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,155 posts
3,867 battles
4 hours ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Here is some constructive feedback to your constructive feedback.

This is quite possibly the best marathon for a Tier 8 prem. vehicle ever across all 3 titles. You don't have to quit your job, ignore your family, stop eating, or stop sleeping over a really tightly compressed time frame to get the missions done. Anyone who has attempted the various tier 8 premium tank marathons knows exactly what I mean.  Tanks could learn a LOT from this. Most everyone, even family people, or people that travel for work, can get this done and pay no more than $.99. Yeah, a whole buck for being given the convenience of doable missions spread over 3 months so that those who only play on weekends have a fair shot.  I don't have a problem with the $1. For that 1$, you only have to get 40 of the 48 directives done. Something is really difficult? Fine. You can skip those 8 times and still only pay the 1$. I know everyone here as at least that much to spend. 

I do agree with you on needing the Cossack to do some missions. That is very incredibly bonheaded on WGs part. But ,the rest of it I love. I love having something to do and accomplish in the game. That is what gives games replay value for me. I have 12 weeks of stuff to do that entices me to play on the weekends. Give me more! 

Didn't have to commit all that hard to get ARP Takao either.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,310 posts
17,747 battles

I too think the UK DD mission has gone on a bit too long. I do love how you can do missions concurrently and they are completable in almost every mode in the game. I really do appreciate that so much but the event itself is getting a bit old honestly. The legendary modules missions are just a mess. Not sure why they just can not cut everything in half including rewards. Heck I don't even want the modules, just the stuff leading up to them honestly. Since I only play each ship once a day, twice if I happen to lose a co-op game, it will take me literally years to complete it. 

When I completed the early campaigns, I really felt a sense of accomplishment and was quite happy. I even stopped in this forum to brag a bit, especially to a particular naysayer who said I would never get them done. With the new long grindy missions and the Halsey campaign, when I am done my only thought is "I am glad that is over". Instead of a sense of accomplishment or satisfaction, all I feel is a sense of relief that it is FINALLY over. Where I look back on past missions and campaigns, I do so with fondness remembering the fun. Notsomuch anymore.

The game is a grind in itself, adding more grind is just getting tiresome. I am literally getting burned out and losing my enjoyment of the game. Have already quit spending money on it, the only thing left is to stop playing. Wargaming should take note of how their players/customers are feeling about the state of the game if they want to make a profit. 

• Cool 1

[H_]
Members
683 posts
11 hours ago, Radar_X said:

We appreciate the feedback!  Events as a whole vary from month to month to encapsulate both the theme of the update/feature currently available and what we feel players may enjoy accomplishing.  The RN Event in particular was meant to be lengthy and a bit challenging, so while some folks finish quickly we want everyone to have an opportunity. 

The rest of your feedback we'll obviously ensure is passed along to the team and again thanks for providing it!

Here's a solid suggestion:  in events, gift ships should not be assigned by luck.....  Some of us could have the only mega-millions winning number and not get selected......  Talk about frustrating !!!   If you are kind enough to provide new ships, for heavens sake, make them accessible without LUCK.....

I will not engage another event that relies on "luck-of--the-draw"....  It's senseless to go for two weeks and not be able to complete a whole section because I don't own or can't win the lottery for the new DD's !  I still don't have the Lightening......

Good grief.  My confidence is a lot lower now.....and, I'm playing a lot less.....it just isn't worth trying to get something only luck provides...... 

For for thought WG.............

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,940 posts

Agreed, the RN event is way too long. The rewards are also lacklustre and I don't have the urge to complete the next directive anymore when it unlocks. The only good thing is that the tasks can be completed simultaneously. Cossack looks nice, but not worth the effort or money.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,344 posts
10,134 battles
17 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I too think the UK DD mission has gone on a bit too long. I do love how you can do missions concurrently and they are completable in almost every mode in the game. I really do appreciate that so much but the event itself is getting a bit old honestly. The legendary modules missions are just a mess. Not sure why they just can not cut everything in half including rewards. Heck I don't even want the modules, just the stuff leading up to them honestly. Since I only play each ship once a day, twice if I happen to lose a co-op game, it will take me literally years to complete it. 

When I completed the early campaigns, I really felt a sense of accomplishment and was quite happy. I even stopped in this forum to brag a bit, especially to a particular naysayer who said I would never get them done. With the new long grindy missions and the Halsey campaign, when I am done my only thought is "I am glad that is over". Instead of a sense of accomplishment or satisfaction, all I feel is a sense of relief that it is FINALLY over. Where I look back on past missions and campaigns, I do so with fondness remembering the fun. Notsomuch anymore.

The game is a grind in itself, adding more grind is just getting tiresome. I am literally getting burned out and losing my enjoyment of the game. Have already quit spending money on it, the only thing left is to stop playing. Wargaming should take note of how their players/customers are feeling about the state of the game if they want to make a profit. 

Some good points.

Yup, this RN event was fun/ok at 1st but now it is like oh my God will it ever end LOL. I was doing every directive in a stage the day it came out and having fun but now I just don't really care. I mean all this work for Cossack AND I actually have to buy some Guineas to actually get it when done MONTHS later. It takes me days now to do just one set of directive stages. I finally failed to complete a full directive set this last time since it 1st started. It's just not fun now. It feels like work. Like you, I am now basically just trying to do as many as I can, without actually working at it like I was, for the prizes along the way vs grinding out for a ship that is meh and I have to at least partially pay for. 

I understand their reasoning behind why WG is making things so long. It is to encourage people to play more. I get that I really do. BUT there needs to be a balance between making it long enough that it isn't done instantly and having it so long people get bored with it and walk away unfinished when it isn't a really big prize. If something will be long and tedious make it a Campaign and have the ultimate end goal prize something really good like Halsey, Yamamoto, a truly good premium ship, etc... When I got Halsey I was SO GLAD it was finally done but I also felt great and that the 392 games in 17 days was worth it. That campaign also had amazing prizes along the way like SC's and other really good stuff.

Keep the events shorter with decent prizes (10pt Capt's, perma camo's, early unlock missions for tech tree ships, low tier cheap Premiums, etc...) but just have more of them. That way there are incentives for people to play more that are kept fresh and thus interest is kept high. The RN event has the long running tediousness of a Campaign without the big prize at the end. Unlike the Halsey campaign I have lost all desire to see it through because what I get at the end is meh. As I said in my original post if this RN event had ended with the 1st part and the early unlock missions it would have been great. Now it is just dragging on and on towards a ship I don't care about and that by all reports is pretty meh.

Another brutal grind you brought up are the  legendary upgrades. Holy crap on a cracker. These are insanely long and for a prize many consider a downgrade or sidestep for most of them to the current standard upgrades. I have FOURTEEN going on right now. I don't even bother to look at the progress because it takes so much to complete some of the stages. I just looked now for the 1st time in quite a while and of the 14 T10's I have I am at (various points in the current stage from almost done to just starting it)...

• Stage 1 (100K XP) = Zao, Shimakaze, GK, Conqueror, Henri IV, Moskva
  • Stage 2 (8 Million Credits) = Montana, Yamato, Republique, Hindenburg, Des Moines, Worcester
  • Stage 3 (15K Free XP) = Gearing, Minotaur 
  • Stage 4 (Win 15 Games) = Gearing, Minotaur 
  • Stage 5 (40K Base XP) = none

Stage 3 and 4 aren't all that bad actually. They can be done in a reasonable amount of games but the other 3 are very time consuming and when you have 14 ships you are working on, and you prefer to play multiple ships daily vs one or 2 over and over or you play a ship class a lot for a bit then another, well you just don't make any progress on these.:Smile_sceptic:  I am sure I will get them all eventually as I play mostly T10 ships even though I only play Co-op but my lord.:Smile_amazed:

Everything in this game is just turning into one long grind after another. The grind up the tech tree and the big Campaigns take forever. That is fine but now the events are following suit and taking forever too. That is not fine (with me anyway). These special events could be used as a way to ease the tedium of the other long grinds by keeping them short (month) with decent to good rewards for completing it (Ovechkin event is a great example to use overall). When the next update rolls out have an all new event come with it for that month. Rinse and repeat. 

I think making every aspect of the game into a long drawn out grind has the opposite effect of what WG wants. Rather than increase play it will ultimately decrease it as people get fed up and walk away. Games should be FUN not work. WOWS is a game that is fun but it feels like it is turning into work these days. 

JMHO.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,912 battles
10 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

As I said in my original post if this RN event had ended with the 1st part and the early unlock missions it would have been great. Now it is just dragging on and on towards a ship I don't care about and that by all reports is pretty meh.

Would you have preferred another campaign structured in the manner of North Cape? IIRC that was PvP-only so it would not have suited you from that perspective, but the redeeming feature of the Cossack grind is that it's a PvE-compatible grind for a Tier 8 ship; how long since we had one of those?

[PVE]
Members
5,310 posts
17,747 battles
20 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Everything in this game is just turning into one long grind after another. The grind up the tech tree and the big Campaigns take forever. That is fine but now the events are following suit and taking forever too. That is not fine (with me anyway). These special events could be used as a way to ease the tedium of the other long grinds by keeping them short (month) with decent to good rewards for completing it (Ovechkin event is a great example to use overall). When the next update rolls out have an all new event come with it for that month. Rinse and repeat. 

I think making every aspect of the game into a long drawn out grind has the opposite effect of what WG wants. Rather than increase play it will ultimately decrease it as people get fed up and walk away. Games should be FUN not work. WOWS is a game that is fun but it feels like it is turning into work these days. 

JMHO.

Actually you may be on to something. Making missions that do something to reduce the grind would be a brilliant idea. Something like they have in WoTs where you get bonds or consumables that give you bonuses to xp earned when activated. I don't play WoT except to farm premium time rewards, but have seen these in my garage. Maybe someone with more experience can explain it better than I am. Anyways something to reduce the grind would be welcome indeed. Great idea Thunder. 

11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Would you have preferred another campaign structured in the manner of North Cape? IIRC that was PvP-only so it would not have suited you from that perspective, but the redeeming feature of the Cossack grind is that it's a PvE-compatible grind for a Tier 8 ship; how long since we had one of those?

I appreciate the new missions/campaigns that are completable thru all modes of play including PvE and glad Wargaming changed the meta back to where it was before they made many completable thru PvP only. I think one reason they have done so is the larger number of players using PvE. I mean seriously, I used to recognize most players in a match from seeing them so often. Now I can play for hours before someone I recognize gets into a game with me. PvP may have more dedicated players but there are lots of people playing co-op, more than I can remember. 

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,934 posts
22 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You should be able to get the Cossack for $1 if you get the 10 Guineas special. I do believe we get doubloons if we already own the Cossack.

:Smile_great:Don't believe thats available any longer not sure tho:Smile_unsure::Smile_sceptic::Smile_sad: Told a friend about it and he couldn't it I can't see it any longer as I got it soon as I could:Smile_coin::Smile_medal::Smile_glasses:

[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,912 battles
12 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

PvP may have more dedicated players but there are lots of people playing co-op, more than I can remember. 

I'd have stayed in co-op except that WG dangled juicy bait in front of me (Vampire) that I realised I would miss out on in the time available if I tried grinding out XP there. So I took the plunge into randoms and learned to cope, and the even juicier bait that has been hung out all year has kept me there (and taught me a great deal). But some of the co-op games I've played in the last week or so have been the best fun I've had in a long time, and once this Cossack thing is done I suspect I'm just going to hammer out a couple of high-tier Random games a night to work through permanent campaigns (I want to finish the ones I started; Halsey can wait) and get the first container quickly, then drop down to Tier 5 or less co-op to chill and have fun until it's time to quit for the night.

There's nothing more I really want right now; winning a Tier 8 ship in-game (bar the two-guinea pittance) would cap off a very productive year for me, and everything else that comes out I am prepared to grind from the bottom.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,344 posts
10,134 battles
51 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I am not complaining about anything like that. It's mainly about the length of the stuff lately and by that I mean it goes for MONTHS before they end/are completely available. That part is just too much. Has nothing to do with tiers or modes. My complaint is nothing about games required or ships required but rather that it requires months due to endless parts of it slowly being rolled out with updates and then at the end you get meh and oh btw you also have to pay some real money to finish it.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,912 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

months due to endless parts of it slowly being rolled out with updates

That was what I was getting at - the idea of a shorter campaign with somewhat taller, but still not insuperable, hurdles versus what we have here.

2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

and then at the end you get meh

This one seems to be a YMMV thing; a few people out there seem to quite like her.

3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

and oh btw you also have to pay some real money to finish it.

Could not agree more. This got up my nose the moment they told us about it. If I were in charge, I'd be sorely tempted to make up for this by giving the ship for free to anyone who earned the full 48 before buying the last two. Anyone, like me, who bought the ten-for-one pack could suck it up since they'd essentially bought themselves an early finish (of which I will be taking full advantage).

I'll happily try for whatever premium Tier III Russian protected cruiser or tiny destroyer they want to throw at us next year, but I am through with hard grinds.