Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
donaldEpott

The Real Reason

12 comments in this topic

[PNG]
[PNG]
Members
4,477 posts
11,029 battles

The real reason  cruiser  players complain about battleships sitting  back and not moving up is due to the fact and I have had it proven many times when  I move up. Its not because they want the support. I in my experience  find that If I move up  to support and get any where  near a cap all of a sudden every cruiser  on the enemy team focuses me down. Note when you don't move up and snipe from a distance they cant shoot at you because their shorter range and they would have to fight their way thru the cruisers on your team to farm that damage. So In conclusion I say to battleship players ignore the complaints of the cruiser players. Its just a ploy for when you are on the enemy team they can gang up on you and burn you down. They know from watching bbs burn that it only takes a couple cruisers about 1 min to burn a bb to nothing. Their tears here on the forums are false and trying to trick you into moving up into their range when you are on the enemy team. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,367 posts
7,938 battles

If every cruiser focuses fire on that BB sure, however beyond that only thing that can burn BB's down that fast otherwise is light cruisers and some DD's with IFHE - an issue that has yet to be fixed. 

However, there is of course the other side. 

Yes, the IFHE+fire combo presents an issue, however, BB's aren't exactly accurate and unlike cruisers, are better designed to take and mitigate damage. Which, moving up takes the fire off weaker cruisers, who are just as threatened by IFHE ignoring attempts to angle and who can be easier destroyed by BB's, BB's that the other team may have moving up, that are landing more and more devastating hits.  Which with the fire off them means they can help take out the BB or other cruiser without getting taken out possibly. And route the reds from a cap point. Though this is also a situation where a DD is not involved usually. 

And even then, they aren't always saying to take a page out of my book and charge the enemy, sometimes, asking to "move up", is to shoot at the cruiser with a 13 km gun range from 14 km, instead of 25 km. 

• Bad 1

[PNG]
[PNG]
Members
4,477 posts
11,029 battles
17 hours ago, Kongo_Pride said:

Interesting perspective.

I play cruisers a lot myself so Yes I wish the enemy bbs would yolo in like that. Makes it easy to kill them. So I do see it from both points of view. I do push but only after I see what the situation is. Cruiser players are the type that are impatient and want it now and its why they play cruisers. Battleship players are the kind of players that want to take the time to plan what they do and assess the situation before running in. That is where the difficulties and differences is in the way each player type thinks. However when I play my Cruisers and do better is when I play them like a bb and hang back some and be more selective with my targets.

[PNG]
[PNG]
Members
4,477 posts
11,029 battles

On that same note Like when I play the Yamato If I get anywhere near a cap all of a sudden I get focused by half the enemy team. Yes all their cruisers, So don't tell me that Cruiser players are wanting bbs to move up to take the burden off them. Its they want bbs to move up so they can farm damage. Because you will note if a bb is up front they ignore all the dds on your team just to farm damage on you the bb.

[PNG]
[PNG]
Members
4,477 posts
11,029 battles

Just a little more along that Idea, When I play my DDs I don't go looking to get into a fight with another dd, No and I don't go out looking for a fight with a Cruiser. What am I looking for. A nice fat bb to put torpedoes into. 

When I play my cruisers I don't look for a fight with another cruiser cause they have the same or more DPM them me so why would I want that unfair situation. No I am out looking for a BB because their reload is longer and chances are they will miss and then have to wait another half min before they can fire again. And I am not looking to go after their dds because the moment I do as a cruiser the entire enemy team goes oh there is a cruiser that is trying to do its job, Kill it  so I get focused down if I play the Anti DD role.

As a CV I don't go after dds because they are small and hard to hit with torpedoes. and Most cruisers have defensive fire so going after them you are going to lose half or all of your planes to only get one hit at most on them with a bomb or torpedoes, However a Battleship is nice big and slow to respond and makes a easy target. 

Cruiser players here call BB players babbies but I don't know any other class of ship in this game that every other class in game is out to sink other then a BB. So ya Battleship players have lots to complain about they are literally the target of every other ship in game.

• Cool 1

[TF57]
Members
1,236 posts
3,916 battles

So a BB player makes a post complaining about players who complain about BB players being complainers?

:Smile_teethhappy:

Thanks for the chuckle - I had a rough day today...

Members
39 posts
1,388 battles

If I play anything but BBs, it's usually to hit other BBs. Pick the ones that have their guns pointed the wrong way and spam. Their turret traverse and reload can't compete. Then when you're targeted, run for cover and pick your next busy target.

If I play DDs, torping BB's moving in straight lines and smoke screens are probably the easiest kills.

Playing as a BB though, I just try delete everything.

So yeah, there is some truth in what you're saying. Makes it all the more amusing.

Edited by VanillaPepsi

[UDEAD]
Members
317 posts
15,261 battles
On 10/25/2018 at 7:34 AM, WanderingGhost said:

And even then, they aren't always saying to take a page out of my book and charge the enemy, sometimes, asking to "move up", is to shoot at the cruiser with a 13 km gun range from 14 km, instead of 25 km. 

If this would only happen. Im sooooo tired of ' Campers '. It has absolutely destroyed gameplay. Battleships have been given everything from the Situational awareness captain skill, secondaries, commander point changing that made EVERY SHIP IN THE GAME take concealment expert.. Yet BB's just wont get involved.

I say put a hard limit to no more then 3 per side per game. If they dont want to get involved, lessen their role.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,367 posts
7,938 battles
3 minutes ago, danojaye said:

Battleships have been given everything

I wouldn't say that. Yes, for them to shoot at max range is idiotic, however, the IFHE+fire combo is actually way too strong even 1 on 1, let alone 2+ ships start firing at you. Salem without a need of IFHE fires 40500 damage in 30 seconds of HE rounds that can auto pen most BB's. As well as start fires, in which on average it takes 1 repair party to fix damage of 1 fire, and if all those shells hit and damage, only 20k of that 40k damage could be repaired, likely another 1-2 repairs. Worchester ramps it up to 50k in 30 seconds with HE. So, any 1 of these firing at you, from behind a rock you can't shoot over, can reduce a BB to 50% health in 30 seconds potentially, and whatever is repairable of it may take 2-6 minutes to repair fully. The current HE spam meta is actually an issue for BB's that makes it at times hard, if not impossible, to push the enemy team.

But some of them should still be playing closer than they are. 

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
1,726 posts
4,967 battles
On 10/26/2018 at 12:59 AM, donaldEpott said:

Just a little more along that Idea, When I play my DDs I don't go looking to get into a fight with another dd, No and I don't go out looking for a fight with a Cruiser. What am I looking for. A nice fat bb to put torpedoes into. 

When I play my cruisers I don't look for a fight with another cruiser cause they have the same or more DPM them me so why would I want that unfair situation. No I am out looking for a BB because their reload is longer and chances are they will miss and then have to wait another half min before they can fire again. And I am not looking to go after their dds because the moment I do as a cruiser the entire enemy team goes oh there is a cruiser that is trying to do its job, Kill it  so I get focused down if I play the Anti DD role.

As a CV I don't go after dds because they are small and hard to hit with torpedoes. and Most cruisers have defensive fire so going after them you are going to lose half or all of your planes to only get one hit at most on them with a bomb or torpedoes, However a Battleship is nice big and slow to respond and makes a easy target. 

It's just easier to say that people will go after the easiest looking damage/kills, just to thin out the herd of the enemy team/get good match returns. But when you're one of those 'free kills/damage' targets it feels really bad to be punished.

On 10/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, WanderingGhost said:

Yes, for them to shoot at max range is idiotic, however, the IFHE+fire combo is actually way too strong even 1 on 1, let alone 2+ ships start firing at you. Salem without a need of IFHE fires 40500 damage in 30 seconds of HE rounds that can auto pen most BB's. As well as start fires, in which on average it takes 1 repair party to fix damage of 1 fire, and if all those shells hit and damage, only 20k of that 40k damage could be repaired, likely another 1-2 repairs. Worchester ramps it up to 50k in 30 seconds with HE. So, any 1 of these firing at you, from behind a rock you can't shoot over, can reduce a BB to 50% health in 30 seconds potentially, and whatever is repairable of it may take 2-6 minutes to repair fully. The current HE spam meta is actually an issue for BB's that makes it at times hard, if not impossible, to push the enemy team.

The new spammy ships just do damage too well to everything. It's not even particular to anything. I normally don't have much issue with HE DPM ships, but I'm feeling it now too, at certain points. I should not be hesitant to engage a Haru at close range in Zao, but after I got burnt down by a smoked up one while trying to blindfire him that's exactly what I think now.

Edited by MnemonScarlet

[FBXGC]
Members
85 posts
1,401 battles

I am still working on doing it myself so bear that in mind but there is a sweet spot between YOLOing and Camping. Using islands and such you should be able to close the gap without opening yourself up to the entire enemy team. Again, as my stats fully indicate, I haven't mastered this and end up YOLOing far more than intended. I think finding that sweet spot separates the YOLO kids, the high damage/low W:R campers and the unicums.

Sign in to follow this