You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ethermaster_1

The great 8 ship missions are broken

30 comments in this topic

[-LOD-]
Members
18 posts
2,973 battles

So let's cut to the chase, I got a great 8 box as I purchased one out of interest.

Long and behold I got the mission for the Alabama which is a boat that I already had and I thought screw it I will just complete the mission any way and as I only needed about 200 points I thought I would have a very quick game in Co-Op just to get it completed.

So I complete the game and complete the mission as shown in the attached images, these were taken to show that the mission was completed as well as the notifications to show that no reward was given.

20181025103113_1.thumb.jpg.88b818468456728aa5faf882b3e22807.jpg

20181025103134_1.thumb.jpg.9c4d812a49531b43a2c9951dfe8500d9.jpg20181025103131_1.thumb.jpg.d412cd4e31cbd4949abfc01fce6d6f8e.jpg

20181025103136_1.thumb.jpg.c753118d7364fbdd59af5f437377fe19.jpg

However I then proceeded to get no reward at all, no credits nor doubloons, I will be raising a ticket to this effect as I think this unfair to give me a mission for a ship that I already had then get no reward for when I completed the mission. especially considering the mission came from a premium great 8 box that I had to pay for!

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue as well and if it is a known issue with the missions.

[ARP3]
Members
371 posts
10,007 battles

Seems like a big oversight, you should get the doubloon value.

[MUDD]
Members
84 posts
972 battles

I bought no crates from the shop however the very first one I was awarded gave me the Chapyev mission I completed it and got the ship!

[-LOD-]
Members
18 posts
2,973 battles
3 minutes ago, Captmuddxx_2018 said:

I bought no crates from the shop however the very first one I was awarded gave me the Chapyev mission I completed it and got the ship!

Did you already have the ships? Like I did with the Alabama? 

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,866 posts
4,001 battles
1 hour ago, Ethermaster_1 said:

However I then proceeded to get no reward at all, no credits nor doubloons, I will be raising a ticket to this effect

Yes, definitely. Let us know the outcome; you should at least have got credits.

Did you even get a captain and a port slot? You might want to check that. When I rebought Warspite with Sovereigns, I got the doubloon value but I also got the port slot and a zero-point captain posted into my existing Warspite (she usually sits captain-less until I take her out, because I use her as an XP farmer with my 19 pointer).

Check your Alabama and see who the captain is. It might help WG understand what has gone wrong.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,493 posts
10,211 battles
1 hour ago, Ethermaster_1 said:

Did you already have the ships? Like I did with the Alabama? 

I got Scharnhorst and Leningrad missions as well as the one for the 15pt #8. Completed all 3 and got everything I was supposed to (credits for the ships as I had them - IMO should have been doubloons but WG cheaped out on that). I would say you have a bug so contacting support is way to go. This entire event has had a lot of bugs from the get go.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,600 posts
4,981 battles

You should open a ticket. I think you only get the credit value for the ship. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,866 posts
4,001 battles
50 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

credits for the ships as I had them - IMO should have been doubloons but WG cheaped out on that

I don't so much mind when they give only credits for reacquiring premium ships from a random crate unlock, where the requirements to get the crate are trivial.

When you play an extended-duration campaign, though? Yeah, it's fair to expect doubloons then. And to give WG their due, they paid out Warspite and Gallant like that; getting all the Sovereigns you needed in-game to reacquire either of those was NOT such a trivial effort.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator
662 posts
249 battles

If you did not receive the credits for your ship, please contact our Customer Support folks and we'll be happy to review this. 

[-LOD-]
Members
18 posts
2,973 battles

Thanks guys and @radar_X I've raised the support ticket and I would recommend that if anyone notices that the game client does something like this to contact support as well :)

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,493 posts
10,211 battles
31 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I don't so much mind when they give only credits for reacquiring premium ships from a random crate unlock, where the requirements to get the crate are trivial.

When you play an extended-duration campaign, though? Yeah, it's fair to expect doubloons then. And to give WG their due, they paid out Warspite and Gallant like that; getting all the Sovereigns you needed in-game to reacquire either of those was NOT such a trivial effort.

Well if you buy the 15pt Ovechkin and then get the mission for him and earn him (5K base XP) you get doubloons. Not a long drawn out grind to earn him yet you get doubloons. If you get a mission from a crate for a premium ship and play to earn it you get that ship if you didn't already have it which has real money value. I already have all the premiums in question. Money spent to get them. Why shouldn't I get the same real money value as someone who didn't already have it? If I get a duplicate Premium from a SC I get doubloons. Why should an event crate be different.

This is just another case where the new guys benefits while the loyal old timers miss out. WG seem too focused at times on the new and forgets about the old. I got Scharnhorst and Leningrad. I sure could have used those doubloons (what about 10K worth I would guess).

Premium ships represent real money value so the compensation should either be that ship if you don't have it or doubloons if you do. Obviously credits for tech tree ships. It isn't fair to those who already have those ships missing out on that value. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

[LHSU]
Members
616 posts

@Ethermaster_1 post:

Spoiler
3 hours ago, Ethermaster_1 said:

So let's cut to the chase, I got a great 8 box as I purchased one out of interest.

Long and behold I got the mission for the Alabama which is a boat that I already had and I thought screw it I will just complete the mission any way and as I only needed about 200 points I thought I would have a very quick game in Co-Op just to get it completed.

So I complete the game and complete the mission as shown in the attached images, these were taken to show that the mission was completed as well as the notifications to show that no reward was given.

20181025103113_1.thumb.jpg.88b818468456728aa5faf882b3e22807.jpg

20181025103134_1.thumb.jpg.9c4d812a49531b43a2c9951dfe8500d9.jpg20181025103131_1.thumb.jpg.d412cd4e31cbd4949abfc01fce6d6f8e.jpg

20181025103136_1.thumb.jpg.c753118d7364fbdd59af5f437377fe19.jpg

However I then proceeded to get no reward at all, no credits nor doubloons, I will be raising a ticket to this effect as I think this unfair to give me a mission for a ship that I already had then get no reward for when I completed the mission. especially considering the mission came from a premium great 8 box that I had to pay for!

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue as well and if it is a known issue with the missions.

Hi @Ethermaster_1, a few questions:

1. Do you have 0.7.10.0 or 0.7.10.1 game versión?
  2. Are you using the old Launcher or the Wargaming Center?

I assume the answers are:

1. 0.7.10.0 (you can see it in the folder: ...\World of Warships\res_mods in addition to the loading screen)
  2. Old Launcher

This is my case so I think the problem with the Mission "Earn Your Greatness" and what happened to you has to do with those of us who have the old Launcher did not update the game to version 0.7.10.1. Another problem that I can see in your screenshots and that I also have is that I still don't have the Daily Shipments.

@Radar_X, @Gneisenau013 and @WGkami, can you check why some players still don't get the 0.7.10.1 update and if that causes the problems mentioned above?

Thank you for your time!

Greetings.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,982 posts
7,315 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Well if you buy the 15pt Ovechkin and then get the mission for him and earn him (5K base XP) you get doubloons. Not a long drawn out grind to earn him yet you get doubloons. If you get a mission from a crate for a premium ship and play to earn it you get that ship if you didn't already have it which has real money value. I already have all the premiums in question. Money spent to get them. Why shouldn't I get the same real money value as someone who didn't already have it? If I get a duplicate Premium from a SC I get doubloons. Why should an event crate be different.

This is just another case where the new guys benefits while the loyal old timers miss out. WG seem too focused at times on the new and forgets about the old. I got Scharnhorst and Leningrad. I sure could have used those doubloons (what about 10K worth I would guess).

Premium ships represent real money value so the compensation should either be that ship if you don't have it or doubloons if you do. Obviously credits for tech tree ships. It isn't fair to those who already have those ships missing out on that value. 

You get doubloons for the 15pt Ovechkin mission duplicate because you spent $50 in the shop. For a pumpkin crate mission that you can get for free by completing a Mission or Directive to get the pumpkin crate, you get credits as the pumpkin crate is easy to get and the ship missions that way are a lot more common than a ship super container.

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
820 posts
5,799 battles
56 minutes ago, ELDIFERENTE said:

@Ethermaster_1 post:

Reveal hidden contents

Hi @Ethermaster_1, a few questions:

1. Do you have 0.7.10.0 or 0.7.10.1 game versión?
  2. Are you using the old Launcher or the Wargaming Center?

I assume the answers are:

1. 0.7.10.0 (you can see it in the folder: ...\World of Warships\res_mods in addition to the loading screen)
  2. Old Launcher

This is my case so I think the problem with the Mission "Earn Your Greatness" and what happened to you has to do with those of us who have the old Launcher did not update the game to version 0.7.10.1. Another problem that I can see in your screenshots and that I also have is that I still don't have the Daily Shipments.

@Radar_X, @Gneisenau013 and @WGkami, can you check why some players still don't get the 0.7.10.1 update and if that causes the problems mentioned above?

Thank you for your time!

Greetings.

The WGC automatically detects and downloads the latest update when it is launched for all products connected to it.

For the old client or for WOWS Steam users, when they bring up the WOWS client, the game will begin to update if there is one available.

The game will not launch if the client has not been updated. This the way it is intended to work no matter how you launch the game.

Hope that helps!

#anchorsaweigh

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,493 posts
10,211 battles
56 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You get doubloons for the 15pt Ovechkin mission duplicate because you spent $50 in the shop. For a pumpkin crate mission that you can get for free by completing a Mission or Directive to get the pumpkin crate, you get credits as the pumpkin crate is easy to get and the ship missions that way are a lot more common than a ship super container.

I spent real money for Scharnhorst in the shop so the point?

[LHSU]
Members
616 posts
14 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

The WGC automatically detects and downloads the latest update when it is launched for all products connected to it.

For the old client or for WOWS Steam users, when they bring up the WOWS client, the game will begin to update if there is one available.

The game will not launch if the client has not been updated. This the way it is intended to work no matter how you launch the game.

Hope that helps!

#anchorsaweigh

Hi @Gneisenau013, I know that but that doesn't explain this:

Spoiler

155796117_WoWS0.7_10.0(1).thumb.jpg.f844f19ae35858285d685d8935b385ac.jpg

shot-18_10.25_12_17_17-0534.thumb.jpg.1db6594ff39ede8bb293203ee40b125f.jpg

shot-18_10.25_12_19.02-0079.thumb.jpg.24a0cdec43f385af36b7867ecc012cc6.jpg

My game is still on 0.7.10.0 version and I can still enter the game, the images are from just now. So there's a problem.

Greetings.

[PVE]
Members
8,982 posts
7,315 battles
23 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I spent real money for Scharnhorst in the shop so the point?

Just guessing as to why it is the way it is. Also, the Scharnhorst is available as a SC item and a Santa crate item where they are free or discounted, so not everyone spent full price. Could they check and see if you spent full price or not and give doubloons on that, sure but it would be more complicated to do.

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
820 posts
5,799 battles
5 minutes ago, ELDIFERENTE said:

Hide contents

My game is still on 0.7.10.0 version and I can still enter the game, the images are from just now. So there's a problem.

Greetings.

Send in a support ticket and they will be able to assist you with getting the update for 0.7.10.1.

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/help/17361/17367/17368/

[LHSU]
Members
616 posts
1 minute ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Send in a support ticket and they will be able to assist you with getting the update for 0.7.10.1.

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/help/17361/17367/17368/

Hi @Gneisenau013, thank you. I'll do it.

The reason for my previous post was to point out to you that this may not be an isolated case (I personally think it's not, that it happens to other players, too), that it should be investigated more broadly.

Greetings.

[-LOD-]
Members
18 posts
2,973 battles

All is sorted a quick ticket and everything has been added to my account.... Just now I need to work out what do with an empty port slot, 3 point captain and the credits :) nice problem to have I know... 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,134 posts
9,231 battles
6 hours ago, Ethermaster_1 said:

Long and behold

Lo and behold. Just in case that was not a typo.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
495 posts
8,381 battles
46 minutes ago, ELDIFERENTE said:

Reveal hidden contents

Greetings.

Game version and server version. That 7.10.1 update was a server update, not a game update.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,493 posts
10,211 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Just guessing as to why it is the way it is. Also, the Scharnhorst is available as a SC item and a Santa crate item where they are free or discounted, so not everyone spent full price. Could they check and see if you spent full price or not and give doubloons on that, sure but it would be more complicated to do.

But you still spend money on crates (Premium and Santa) so they technically would be coming from something real money was spent on. SC's are free yet they give doubloons for duplicates not credits. 

I just think a duplicate premium ship should pay doubloons not credits. More often than not/a lot of the time they come from some manner the person has spent real money on. IF they can give the premium away for free to someone who doesn't have it they should be willing to give the same value in doubloons to the person who already has it. Otherwise only the person getting the ship really is getting something. For those with the ship already it is not much in the way of compensation for what it is.

JMHO.

• Cool 1

[UFFA]
Members
601 posts
35 battles
6 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I got Scharnhorst and Leningrad missions as well as the one for the 15pt #8. Completed all 3 and got everything I was supposed to (credits for the ships as I had them - IMO should have been doubloons but WG cheaped out on that). I would say you have a bug so contacting support is way to go. This entire event has had a lot of bugs from the get go.

I should have read the fine print and realized it would have been credits. Nice to build up the bank, otherwise meh.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,493 posts
10,211 battles
1 minute ago, Sparviero said:

I should have read the fine print and realized it would have been credits. Nice to build up the bank, otherwise meh.

That is my thought as well. Sure it builds the credits but it isn't much to get excited about when the other guy who didn't have the ship gets a ship. Giving doubloons for duplicate premiums would make it feel much more like I got something.