You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HansiSolo

The current state of WoWs is chaos

87 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,199 posts
11,631 battles
6 hours ago, HansiSolo said:

Okay, while the past 2 weeks we had:

- British destroyer missions (where WG desperately wants you to sell the Cossack)

- Halloween mission (which is fun, well done WG)

- Testing Ranked Sprint (with rewards so poor, that you actually have to invest flags and camo to play it) 

- Testing of worldwide T6 CB (poorly announced and badly explained to the player base)

- CV rework testing (which failed completely because players are forced to play other ships excessive to buy/afford CVs on PTS and they hate it. Besides most people seem to think the rework is boring, and badly executed)

- New collection for a stupid ice hockey player who has no connection to war ships at all, plus WG tries to sell you a special captain for ridiculous €35,-

And beside all that stuff, most players still have the Yamamoto / Halsey missions running

I can't keep up with all that sh*t and still have a real life....

How about calming down a bit WG, slow things down and take your time to launch/test new stuff?

Please share your thought, thanks

war GIF

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
18 minutes ago, vak_ said:

Kuznetsov is a rising star, Ovechkin, sadly, is becoming a falling one. Age is age.

PS I personally am also very fond of Holtby (what a beast) and Smith-Pelly.

Smith-Pelly was an absolute WARRIOR in the playoffs. If there was a big goal to be had, chances are he was going to have it. I agree with you on Holtby....my desktop wallpaper was "The Save" for a couple of months. Now it is a picture of the Caps Stanley Cup Ring......they are gorgeous. Hey what is your take on buying replica rings? I am against it...just because I am a fan not a player.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
24 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I think the ice hockey capt is a good addition as he can get his hockey stick out now and whack those stupid child like anime capts off their perch, we need some baseball capt, curling capt, wrestle mania capt.

lol I would love to have the Undertaker as the Captain of my Halloween ships. Or the Hulkster yelling out WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE 12 GUNS OF THE MONTANA AND THE LARGEST ARMS IN THE WORLD RUN WILD ON YOU.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,847 posts
4,855 battles
9 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

lol I would love to have the Undertaker as the Captain of my Halloween ships. Or the Hulkster yelling out WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE 12 GUNS OF THE MONTANA AND THE LARGEST ARMS IN THE WORLD RUN WILD ON YOU.

SCSA on Texas now?

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,992 posts
3,895 battles
4 hours ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Oh please, if you think WoWS is grind-intensive, try playing MMORPGs or Japanese mobage.

Even Fate Grand Order only holds 1 event at a time and has a week of downtime between them.

WoWS is currently running like 5 events at once, here.

It's a sign of bad time management on the part of the developers releasing this content.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,451 posts
5,733 battles
9 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Give me The Macho Man, Randy Savage!  OOOOHHHHHH  YYYYEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!

Here he is in uniform.

randy_savage.png

WG!  Make it happen!

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Here he is in uniform.

randy_savage.png

WG!  Make it happen!

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH YYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH....You just got deleted......CAN YOU DIG IT!!!!!!!

Read it in the Macho Mans voice...it is hilarious.

[WOLFG]
Members
5,269 posts
3,092 battles
2 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Here he is in uniform.

randy_savage.png

WG!  Make it happen!

His outfit could double as the camo.

Banned
174 posts
4 hours ago, Madwolf05 said:

Oh man, even Warcraft is a lot better than grinding use to be. Games like Everquest were much worse for it, and games like Final Fantasy were practically built on it.

I played Final Fantasy 11 online in middle school. That entire game was just leveling up. But it was kinda fun since you always found groups to level up with because solo grinding was impossibly slow. So it was a much more social grouping up game in a way than any game I can think of now. MMOs have lost that more realistic social and world building aspect when they went for convenience where players teleport and warp everywhere and que automatically for groups, if they even really need groups for most thing.

Played WoW in Vanilla. Used to be much more of a grind game. Take like a year to level up. But it was never a true grind game really imo.

Star Wars Galaxies... was very grindy I guess. But most unique immersive MMO sandbox I ever played. Also best ingame economy and largest world ever.

Edited by ModDestroyer_1

Beta Testers
562 posts
3,496 battles

Your CV test thing was pretty funny. Did you really think playing other ships in the CV test wasn't going to be part of the test? If they didn't set it up like they did, almost everyone would have been exclusively playing CVs so they could bomb bots and WG wouldn't have gotten any data on player controlled ships against aircraft.

57 minutes ago, vak_ said:

4) CV test was a decent first iteration. Don't try to represent your own dislike and misunderstanding of the test as the community's opinion.

Too late for that... :Smile_sceptic:

Many players have already thrown it out the door even though it only went through one round of limited player testing...

Edited by Stonehammers

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
38 minutes ago, ModDestroyer_1 said:

Star Wars Galaxies... was very grindy I guess. But most unique immersive MMO sandbox I ever played. Also best ingame economy and largest world ever.

Star Wars Galaxies was such a good game until they killed it with the Jedi class, new combat system that nobody asked for, and the biggest fail...catering to the low iq, low skill level player and getting rid of what made Star Wars Galaxies a great game and replacing the progression system with 12 cookie cutter classes. SWG was one of the most mismanaged games of all time.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
676 posts
1,762 battles
1 hour ago, pyantoryng said:

You forget that the RN missions get more and more ridiculous by the week.

I noticed...some of the numbers in this week's first directive are higher than in the following ones, too, meaning a steeper entrance fee before you can tackle the rest of them.  With everything else going on, I only got the first directive done last week.  Cossack isn't worth the grind to me, and neither are the Halloween containers since I don't have most of the ships that the permanent camos were designed for.

At least there's more free stuff going on here in WoWs...over on WoT, there's a single Halloween mission that you have to grind over and over to get some credit and FXP rewards as well as a bonus % to credits and XP when playing...however, if you get tired of the grind, you pay gold to get the final bonus benefits, and all the XP you are racking up on the special Halloween tank you'll need gold to convert the XP into FXP, so they have a grind to eventually get a bonus for grinding more, and then you pay gold on top of that to free up XP for less grind...what a marketing scheme/scam that is!

Edited by Bonfor
  • Cool 1

[ICOP]
Members
1,067 posts
3,898 battles
59 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Star Wars Galaxies was such a good game until they killed it with the Jedi class, new combat system that nobody asked for, and the biggest fail...catering to the low iq, low skill level player and getting rid of what made Star Wars Galaxies a great game and replacing the progression system with 12 cookie cutter classes. SWG was one of the most mismanaged games of all time.

SWG was good, Jedi class was annoying, however the combat revamp, like wth where they thinking, left after that.

[ICOP]
Members
1,067 posts
3,898 battles
6 hours ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Oh please, if you think WoWS is grind-intensive, try playing MMORPGs or Japanese mobage.

Warcraft, SWTOR, Rift not as much as think, in the past yes.  The only grind these days is faction rep, even then some are a joke.

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,263 posts
7,831 battles
2 hours ago, Belthorian said:

Hey what is your take on buying replica rings? I am against it...just because I am a fan not a player.

To each it's own, but personally I wouldn't buy something like that. 

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
18 minutes ago, vak_ said:

To each it's own, but personally I wouldn't buy something like that. 

I would buy a mini Stanley cup for my sports collection but I think replica rings are stepping over the line lol. 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,932 posts
4,570 battles
7 hours ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

True.  Even ship-games like Azur Lane force a player to be on top of things if they want to succeed at the game.

That being said, I'm just taking it easy when it comes to playing the game.  For me, real life stuff is more important than any video game, even one as fun as this.

If you're feeling burnt out, just keep an eye on the forums and take a break.  This game is supposed to be fun after all - not an extra chore.

5,932 posts
4,570 battles
2 hours ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Even Fate Grand Order only holds 1 event at a time and has a week of downtime between them.

WoWS is currently running like 5 events at once, here.

It's a sign of bad time management on the part of the developers releasing this content.

I do have to say though that just playing the game itself covers the requirements for some of the WoWS events.  You can blow up ships and that credit can be applied to multiple rewards.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,992 posts
3,895 battles
10 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Yavuz said:

I do have to say though that just playing the game itself covers the requirements for some of the WoWS events.  You can blow up ships and that credit can be applied to multiple rewards.

It's exhausting when the game is so frustrating anymore that you can only stand 3-5 matches in a session, though.

• Cool 1

5,932 posts
4,570 battles
Just now, KiyoSenkan said:

It's exhausting when the game is so frustrating anymore that you can only stand 3-5 matches in a session, though.

To be quite honest, that's how much I choose to play anyways - about three games.  I just take a break, get into my favorite vessels and blast away.

If you're feeling exhausted, I would recommend stepping away from the game a bit, take in the real world and then come back later.  This game is supposed to be fun after all.

I did that after Alpha and Closed Beta.  I missed Nikolai (got her in a Christmas crate though), but I rejoined the game refreshed and with renewed vigor.

Members
55 posts
6,091 battles
4 hours ago, Timeband said:

Vladislav Tretiak says "Nyet!" to the Ovechkin comparision.  Not that Ovechkin isn't great.  

But I agree totally on the Seagal comment as well as several other tie ins like the Dunkirk movie or High School Fleet.  WG is trying to reach out and try new things to inject some new twists into the game.  Its impossible to do that and get it perfect each time.  This thread is good feedback for them as they try to balance the delicate whims of a diverse playerbase.  Overall they get it right a striking amount of the time and when they don't they reload and try to correct with the feedback they get.  

Vladimir Konstantinov would hip check  either of them into the cheap seats...

We need a ship named after him. 

Edited by Nota_Chance
Typo

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,451 posts
5,733 battles

If we are going to have another hockey legend as a captain, I want one of these guys....

Hanson-Brothers.jpg

They are, after all, the most famous hockey players of all time!

Go Charlestown Chiefs!

Members
426 posts
6,213 battles
3 hours ago, pyantoryng said:

You forget that the RN missions get more and more ridiculous by the week.

Spot on - repetition of the 1.5 million, 40K commander XP, and etc etc directives is grinding just for the sake of grinding, if not to force folks into buying a DD plus signals or playing instead of skipping the Halloween operations.

Making rewards dependent on having to play more than just a few matches every day also seems a very good method to burn folks out if not outright drive them off.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,847 posts
4,855 battles
29 minutes ago, Soylent_Red_Isnt_People said:

Spot on - repetition of the 1.5 million, 40K commander XP, and etc etc directives is grinding just for the sake of grinding, if not to force folks into buying a DD plus signals or playing instead of skipping the Halloween operations.

Making rewards dependent on having to play more than just a few matches every day also seems a very good method to burn folks out if not outright drive them off.

Hey, it's better than Planes 5-win barrier before getting (loot)boxes, which has no win condition but can turn ridiculous quick...and the third stage requires that you to neither get stomped OR winning too hard that you don't even have the chance to carry out that objective (in layman's terms, to perform well enough in battle according to the game's standards).

It's so discouraging I sit out of it...I vaguely recall the same thing going down with Tanks with some T8 prem events that you either grind your rear end off or accomplish specific tasks with tier 10s...the former of which get more and more larger at every stage.