You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HansiSolo

The current state of WoWs is chaos

87 comments in this topic

[FLAWD]
Members
6 posts
5,300 battles

Okay, while the past 2 weeks we had:

- British destroyer missions (where WG desperately wants you to sell the Cossack)

- Halloween mission (which is fun, well done WG)

- Testing Ranked Sprint (with rewards so poor, that you actually have to invest flags and camo to play it) 

- Testing of worldwide T6 CB (poorly announced and badly explained to the player base)

- CV rework testing (which failed completely because players are forced to play other ships excessive to buy/afford CVs on PTS and they hate it. Besides most people seem to think the rework is boring, and badly executed)

- New collection for a stupid ice hockey player who has no connection to war ships at all, plus WG tries to sell you a special captain for ridiculous €35,-

And beside all that stuff, most players still have the Yamamoto / Halsey missions running

I can't keep up with all that and still have a real life....

How about calming down a bit WG, slow things down and take your time to launch/test new stuff?

Please share your thought, thanks

• Cool 19
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 4

[4HIM]
Members
1,700 posts
3,864 battles

I just wish the RN DD mission wasn't running concurrent with the Halloween event.  

And I didn't know about T6 CB.  Must have missed that one. 

[ARP3]
Members
355 posts
9,900 battles

It's an overwhelming amount of materials sure, but requires nothing more than playing like normal and harvest the rewards.

• Cool 6

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
11 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

It's an overwhelming amount of materials sure, but requires nothing more than playing like normal and harvest the rewards.

I agree with you, but I would very much have liked to see the focus and emphasis be on Halloween in October. It's like a side note right now and less than a week away. This is a pretty big let down compared to how it was last year when they came out with all the operations and awesome steampunk/fantasy Halloween ship skins. This year it's 2 and some kind of Alpha test for subs which won't even come out until day of. I would call this a mixed bag as it stands.

[CUTER]
Members
672 posts
18,508 battles

This is an interesting post.  I have to agree that there is a lot of stuff going on concurrently.  You really have to pick and choose what you want to complete.  I have chosen to just earn my normal PvP random battle stuff.  I was never overly drawn to the Halloween events...so they tend to sit on the side burner and I havent touched them in two years now.  I guess you could change perspective and say wow, I get all these options to choose from.  Choice is a wonderful thing.  Compared to when this game was early in its open beta...where players were excited just to see a new ship...now you have 5 things going on and its overwhelming.  

Edited by Kongo_Pride

[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
226 posts
3,216 battles

I have to agree, there is a little too much going on at one time.

Why not hold the hockey thing till after Halloween, same with ranked sprint.

The RN DD event should have been set to wrap up before  the Halloween events.

Oh well it is what it is.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,499 battles

There’s so much stuff happening I can’t keep track of it, am looking froward to Yamamoto been at it since it started and will finish in about 2 or 3 years .. possibly 4 at this rate

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,692 posts
3,459 battles
10 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Oh please, if you think WoWS is grind-intensive, try playing MMORPGs or Japanese mobage.

Oh man, even Warcraft is a lot better than grinding use to be. Games like Everquest were much worse for it, and games like Final Fantasy were practically built on it.

[RLGN]
Members
210 posts
4,043 battles
2 hours ago, HansiSolo said:

- CV rework testing (which failed completely because players are forced to play other ships excessive to buy/afford CVs on PTS and they hate it. Besides most people seem to think the rework is boring, and badly executed)

Speak for yourself.  Your point on affording to play the carriers is completely wrong, you only had to play other ship types equally to carriers, and slightly less if you used any service reduction flags you got.  Part of the test was supposed to be how other ships play against new carriers so people needed to actually play them or it would just be carriers dropping on bots exclusively.  Also, I don't plan to go fully back into it when I have in the rework thread and appropriate places, and because you seem to have made up your mind, but while I think the carrier rework needs more tweaking I am overall excited that I might actually want to play a carrier again.

• Cool 3

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
915 posts
6,285 battles
16 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Oh please, if you think WoWS is grind-intensive, try playing MMORPGs or Japanese mobage.

Oh it's not the grind, it's the dozen "special events" all happening concurrently. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
383 posts
3,323 battles

Being born and raised in a free country with reasonably unencumbered market economics, I say "The more, the better".  This is America.  You get choices here.  Tons of choices sometimes and it can be overwhelming at times.

I much prefer this to the polar opposite.  Here is your choice comrade, this completely crappy thing or gulag, take your pick.:fish_panic:

I have no problem with events overlapping.  There's something for everyone.  Think of it as ala carte.  Pick what you want, leave the rest.  I, of course, being a red-blooded American will attempt to choose ALL of it and will also choose to be grateful for it.

Thanks, WG.  You just keep being you.  :Smile_great:

CS

Edited by Captain_Slattery
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[SIM]
Members
2,429 posts
4,060 battles

Agreed, someone fell asleep at the wheel at WG and now they’re trying to jam six months of planned content into the last three months of 2018.

Members
17,726 posts
5,084 battles
2 hours ago, HansiSolo said:

- CV rework testing (which failed completely because players are forced to play other ships 

It would have failed completely if other players weren't forced to play other ships. WG already had a pretty good idea how the new CVs work against bots.

Complaining about having to play other ships in a CV test is like complaining about being given a placebo in a drug trial, or about not being able to drift when you're teating a car for 0-60 performance.

You're not there to do what you want, you're there to do what they want. That's kind of how testing works.

Besides, it wasn't a test like SATs or something. There is no pass/fail, only data generated.

• Cool 5

[PVE]
Members
105 posts
9,942 battles

I agree that WG has flooded us with content,however I think its a good thing as opposed to the way it used to be with long periods of nothing much new to look at. It is overwhelming at times but I just play the game and really do not focus all that much on any specific contest or operation. After a while suddenly up pops a new captain-ship-credit...etc...etc. Not bad to get so many free goodies just for playing the game.

• Cool 1

[NGUNS]
Beta Testers
516 posts
2,991 battles

Gosh, first world problems.  Oh no, too many fun things to do!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[AK-47]
Members
149 posts
3,092 battles

You do realize that almost all the RN navy mission and Ovechkin/Halloween can be completed at the same time? Also who cares that a hockey player has nothing to do with the game. It brings attention to the game from people that wouldn’t have actually seen it other ways... it’s called marketing... 

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,769 posts
12,878 battles

"The U.S. Navy is very good during war, because war is chaos...and the U.S. Navy practices chaos on a daily basis".

-Attributed to a Russian Admiral.

[SDIWO]
Members
1,031 posts
5,231 battles

I have to agree. There was so much to do that I probably would have done none of it if not for the CV testing I was able to do. My playtime is significantly down because I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed on things to do, so rather than half [edited]some of them or focus entirely on one of them I just don't feel like partaking in any of them.

[RKLES]
Members
7,097 posts
8,745 battles
4 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

I just wish the RN DD mission wasn't running concurrent with the Halloween event.  

And I didn't know about T6 CB.  Must have missed that one. 

Was clearly mentioned in the the in game news of you had read the news about the updates.

• Boring 1

[XG]
Members
100 posts
2,876 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Being born and raised in a free country with reasonably unencumbered market economics, I say "The more, the better".  This is America.  You get choices here.  Tons of choices sometimes and it can be overwhelming at times.

I much prefer this to the polar opposite.  Here is your choice comrade, this completely crappy thing or gulag, take your pick.:fish_panic:

I have no problem with events overlapping.  There's something for everyone.  Think of it as ala carte.  Pick what you want, leave the rest.  I, of course, being a red-blooded American will attempt to choose ALL of it and will also choose to be grateful for it.

Thanks, WG.  You just keep being you.  :Smile_great:

CS

Of course, WG isn't American. Try again.

• Funny 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
383 posts
3,323 battles
Just now, 0BdM said:

It's safe to say that WG is an international company with a strong North American (US) presence.  It would seem that they are learning to cater to their customers here.  More choices is much better than few choices.  I would say that they are learning how strong a free market economy can be.  Options, options, options.  We just dig that sh*t over here. :Smile_veryhappy:

Members
17,726 posts
5,084 battles
6 minutes ago, 0BdM said:

Who cares if WG isn't American? We (well, not me) are American, and appreciate a non-American company with an American-style offering.

It's just like Chinese food. That Chinese restaurant owner probably isn't serving you what he eats, he's serving a version of it that will be more appealing to American tastes.

Edited by Skpstr

Beta Testers
601 posts

I don’t mind it because quite frankly, I hate Halloween!   It gives me plenty of other options to avoid the obnoxious holloween junk.  I liked Holloween when I was a kid, then I grew up and decided that ghoulish creatures and dress up was, well, a bit childish.  I get it and quite well understand that many people love holloween and don’t begrudge them all the fun.  And I know kids play this, too.  Also, I think the higher tier Op is pretty well done.  

I’m just happy to have other things going on while the green slime and jack-o-lanterns take center stage.  Bring on Thanksgiving, it’s the best!  Good food and family.  No crones allowed, except Aunt Wartface. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1