Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
StallingForTime

Ovechkin Has No Talents - REALLY???

5 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
32 posts
11,096 battles

I've got Captain Ovechkin and:

1. considering his talents on the ice and his aggressive play style,
2. considering that Yakamoto Isoroku has special talents which require accomplishments of First Blood and Kraken Unleashed in order to activate the them,
3  considering that Admiral Halsey has special talents which require the Double Strike and Confederate achievements in order to activate his,


I am totally surprised commander Ovechkin does not have 2  special talents activated by the accompanying achievements.
A. Calculated Attack - whereby the main battery and secondary battery dispersion is reduced by 8% each time you score a hat trick by destroying 3 enemy ships (repeatable and cumulative until end of battle) (3 = -8%, 6 = -16%, etc).
B. Accelerated Attack whereby the ships maximum speed is increased by 8%, and time to max speed is also reduced by 8%,  and rudder shift time is reduced by 8% when the Devastating Strike achievement is earned.

This change to his capabilities would add a fine dynamic to the game in keeping with his character and Great 8 nickname while not being overly powerful and add a huge incentive for players to purchase him from the premium shop.

 

So how do you explain the change with the addition of the talents?
Simple!!!

You post a news release...
"Ovechkin Goes Pro!"

And for those who already have the American or Russian commander without the special talents, you can add a personal combat mission after playing him one time with the following requirements which may be completed simultaneously in Random, Ranked, Scenario, or Co Op Battles:

1 Score 8 Hat Tricks - Win 3 consecutive battles (8 times) over any number of battles (24 battles minimum).
2. Team Captain after the 2004 Draft - Earn 2004 Captain's XP in one Battle.
3. Golden Stick Award - Destroy 500 ships in any number of battles.
4. 2nd Golden Stick Award - Sore 500 main battery hits and 500 Secondary Battery hits in any number of battles.

 

Edited by StallingForTime
  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
132
[STURM]
Members
266 posts
2,759 battles

I'm gonna have to say no.

Let's not put a pretty good hockey player on the same level as two of the most important naval commanders of the most destructive conflict in human history.

Also, let's not ask WG to go blatantly pay to win. The other two top tier commanders require large investments of time in game to obtain as well as have very powerful perks, and many people, myself included, would be quite angry if people could just plop down money to get an equivalent commander. Selling those special commander "brothers" was pushing it pretty close already.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
663
[USCC2]
Members
3,426 posts

Good at WoWs = rewards that give you an even greater advantage; now what person doesn't want an advantage.

 

So no, I can't agree on allowing normal players a chance of shortening the odds against the elite. That's just not fair on the elite! We all may talk the game of skill - but few would throw away a greater advantage. :Smile_Default:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,449
[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles

Yamamoto and Halsey are also rewards for completing lengthy and difficult campaigns, Ovechkin is basically for free after a few token missions that I completed in a few days without really trying. So, no special talents needed.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
141
[ICBM]
Members
300 posts
4,849 battles

I'm with Lert on this one. Ovechkin is too easy to get. I do, however like the idea of a special RU captain and would love to see one since I play RU dd's almost exclusivey. Hopefully a new campaign will pop up and the reward will be a RU commander with special talents similar to Halsey and Yamamoto

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×