Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
PG908

Any way to disable Alexander Ovechkin's voiceover?

8 comments in this topic

[-RNG-]
Beta Testers
229 posts
2,264 battles

I got the Russian Alexander Ovechkin captain, and can't for the life of me figure out what combination of settings turns off the voiceover. While I'm sure it's useful to people who are fluent in russian, it's completely worthless russian mumbling to me, and I'd like my extra health without sacrificing audio cues.

I've currently running "Voiceover Language: English (Pirate)" and "Voiceover Modification: Standard", with the "Quick Messages Voiceover" checkbox disabled, and no combination of these seems to change the lasted thing, unless I set voiceover modification to anime. 

Additionally, the "Earn your greatness" article seemed to imply it would default to English as well, which it very definitely doesn't do (see spoiler). 

Spoiler

voiceover-default.thumb.png.90ff5de5d7e8d094899a5dec673aec1a.png

[WOLFB]
Members
2,598 posts
4,981 battles

Really he is English for me and I didn't change anything. I would guess the only way to turn him off is to turn all the voices off which I am not sure you can do. 

[-RNG-]
Beta Testers
229 posts
2,264 battles
34 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

Really he is English for me and I didn't change anything. I would guess the only way to turn him off is to turn all the voices off which I am not sure you can do. 

What are you voiceover settings?

[O_O]
Members
677 posts
6,073 battles

Gee....my Russki capts still speaks english like an American Red Neck..:Smile_sceptic: 

[LOU1]
Members
2,895 posts
8,004 battles

There are three versions of him.  One speaks Russian only (Personal Mission), one speaks English (Great 8 Collection), and the third one speaks English or Russian (Crate mission).

• "Soviet Commander Alexander Ovechkin with 10 skill points and Russian voiceover—obtained for completion of a chain of combat missions (activated upon request).
  • American Commander Alexander Ovechkin with 10 skill points and English voiceover—obtained for completion of a thematic collection that we will tell about below.
  • Binational Commander Alexander Ovechkin in ice hockey uniform with 15 skill points—obtained for completion of a special combat mission found in an event container. He can also be found in the Premium Shop. You can assign him to both Soviet and American ships—wherever you wish.   INFO: English voiceover will be set by default, but you can change voiceover to Russian in Settings. But with change of settings to Russian - all your commander will speak in Ovechkin's voice"

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/earn-your-greatness/

Crate Mission:

"Unique dual-nation Commander Alexander Ovechkin, who can be assigned to both Soviet and U.S.A. ships. This Commander features two original voiceovers from the celebrated ice hockey player, enhanced Commander skills Expert Marksman and Survivability Expert, and blue colored shell tracers. The Commander comes with 15 skill points and specialization for Erie."

Edited by ExploratorOne

Members
487 posts
2,037 battles

I think you want the Voice setting to be standard. If it is national or national + you get the special voices.

[RO-I]
Members
76 posts
476 battles

Any way to turn off his face? That's a really ugly and dumb looking dude, especially with that missing tooth! Gives me nightmares every time I enter the WoWS site. PLEASE, NO MORE FACES LIKE THIS ON WOWS!!!

P.S.: Why don't you people put some historical faces here, like Caesar, Hannibal, Napoleon, Washington, Genghis Han etc.?

Edited by Rednecks_Slayer
  • Funny 1

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,948 posts
3,551 battles

just ask him how to play defense. that should quiet him down. 

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this