You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shinnidan

CV Shinano

49 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
677 posts
6,073 battles

:Smile_hiding: you know what i would like to see WG do.  introduce the IJN Shinano.  since the have Paper Ships in here.  id like to see what Shinano would have done in battle IF all the fittings were completed and functioning.  instead of just getting sunk, unarmed and with only civilian construction crews and few actual military sailors operating her at the time, by a sub 10 days after here commission.   

you want an overpowered CV that may have matched the USS Midway. i think she would have been it. 

and if you dont already know IJN Shinano is the half-sister of Yamato and Musashi.  

discus wot you think.  :Smile_honoring:

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
414 posts
6,193 battles

During the Alpha phase there was T9 CV IJN Shinano. But WG removed due to lack of carrying capacity.

And this is the proof

post-1002239667-0-98345700-1428756885.jpg.9bed085fb977966024aff317ff1853ca.jpg

post-1002239667-0-42627700-1428756541.jpg.e5dfc201c89489e2bbaf8e1ab77fca62.jpg

pbGTWBK.jpg

Edited by Akashi_Nyan

Members
8,068 posts
17,032 battles

Apparently already in the game; but shelved way back in the development days for ‘reasons.’

Maybe after the great carrier screwing; I mean rework; it will come out again.

(ninja’d)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[SALVO]
Members
16,632 posts
17,300 battles
6 minutes ago, Akashi_Nyan said:

During the Alpha phase there was T9 CV IJN Shinano. But WG removed due to lack of carrying capacity.

And this is the proof

post-1002239667-0-98345700-1428756885.jpg.9bed085fb977966024aff317ff1853ca.jpg

post-1002239667-0-42627700-1428756541.jpg.e5dfc201c89489e2bbaf8e1ab77fca62.jpg

pbGTWBK.jpg

Sorry for the off-topic question, but what is that map in the bottom picture?  It looks unfamiliar and interesting.

[SYN]
Members
4,532 posts
11,434 battles
9 minutes ago, Akashi_Nyan said:

Pretty sure the real reason was likely something else.  WG can make the carrying capacity on any carrier whatever they want.  Little more than a function of a coefficient.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,443 posts
25,340 battles
10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Sorry for the off-topic question, but what is that map in the bottom picture?  It looks unfamiliar and interesting.

Thats the original Trap before several reworks. The first map was a Zone map, which was similar to current Epifubar

[WOLF2]
Members
154 posts
10,600 battles

I don’t remember exactly the reasons but, even with that monster hull Shinano was built on, it was only going to have an aircraft capacity of 48 to 50 planes.  I realize the game isn’t STRICTLY historical, but WG does at least usually try to get stuff approximately right.  So in terms of hanger capacity Shinano would be pretty low tier.  Like 6 or 7?   And in those tiers it would be a beast to try and sink.

[O_O]
Members
677 posts
6,073 battles

wow! really!?:Smile_amazed:

okay started at the end of Beta...so i didn't see that ship...:Smile_amazed:

But with all the things they are doing to this game...they should bring her back when tweaks? no? 

[O_O]
Members
677 posts
6,073 battles
1 minute ago, RumpledSteelskins said:

I don’t remember exactly the reasons but, even with that monster hull Shinano was built on, it was only going to have an aircraft capacity of 48 to 50 planes.  I realize the game isn’t STRICTLY historical, but WG does at least usually try to get stuff approximately right.  So in terms of hanger capacity Shinano would be pretty low tier.  Like 6 or 7?   And in those tiers it would be a beast to try and sink.

well they veered off historical the min they put paper ships in the game... :Smile_amazed:

[WOLF2]
Members
154 posts
10,600 battles
10 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

well they veered off historical the min they put paper ships in the game...

True, but even a lot of the paper ships are actually based on proposals and such.  Yeah, there are some that were just conjured from thin air, but Shinano, although short lived, WAS a real ship.  And yes, they can just base the hanger off her sheer size and make her have a capacity of 90 planes or however many they need for balancing.  Not saying they have to stick to strict historical stats and in some cases they don’t.  Like armor plating I think is just largely a game mechanic and not historical at all. But doubling the hanger capacity of a carrier that actually did exist is a bit extreme imo.

Edited by RumpledSteelskins

[WOLF2]
Members
154 posts
10,600 battles

I should add that I don’t play CVs and the rework doesn’t really look like my cup of tea either, so I don’t really mind one way or the other on this.  Just throwing my thoughts out there.....

[SALVO]
Members
16,632 posts
17,300 battles
17 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Thats the original Trap before several reworks. The first map was a Zone map, which was similar to current Epifubar

Ah, OK.  I can see the resemblance now.  And I remember Zone.  They screwed Zone up by not having it include domination points, same as Standard mode.

[O_O]
Members
677 posts
6,073 battles
Just now, RumpledSteelskins said:

True, but even a lot of the paper ships are actually based on proposals and such.  Yeah, there are some that we’re just conjured from thin air, but Shinano, although short lived, WAS a real ship.  And yes, they can just base the hanger off her sheer size and make her have a capacity of 90 planes or however many they need for balancing.  Not saying they have to stick to strict historical stats and in some cases they don’t.  Like armor plating I think is just largely a game mechanic and not historical at all. But doubling the hanger capacity of a carrier that actually did exist is a bit extreme imo.

an idea vs an actually built ship....if they going to have both...they should make exception.  at the time she was first introduced in the game...there were guide line of ship being historically accurate as possible...but hell that guideline evolved with the advancement of the game play, tech, and endless possibilities.  there is no longer any excuse not to have ANY ship added to the game, right? 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,323 posts
14,695 battles
39 minutes ago, Akashi_Nyan said:

pbGTWBK.jpg

Even demonstrates the good old 1 v 2 CV action at high tiers.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
677 posts
6,073 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

I think she will return once USN subs are in game.  :cap_win:

great...:Smile_sceptic: so she can be sunk by a sub again in a game over and over again...lol 

[-VT3-]
Members
1,611 posts
3,346 battles
37 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

great...:Smile_sceptic: so she can be sunk by a sub again in a game over and over again...lol 

Perfection achieved.

• Funny 1

Members
8,068 posts
17,032 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

I think she will return once USN subs are in game.  :cap_win:

1 hour ago, Shinnidan said:

1 hour ago, DerKrampus said:

Perfection achieved.

Like Ark Royal will always (and ONLY) rudder-crit Bizmarks without loosing a single Swordfish; Archerfish/Balao will always DoT-flood Shinanos to death.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Funny 1

[-VT3-]
Members
1,611 posts
3,346 battles
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Like Ark Royal will always (and ONLY) rudder-crit Bizmarks without loosing a single Swordfish; Archerfish/Balao will always DoT-flood Shinano to death.

I do recall sinking four different Yamatos in Silent Hunter 4.  Lol. Presumably Yamato, Musashi, BB Shinano, and Mister Miyagi.

[DANKY]
Members
440 posts
1,565 battles
11 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Like Ark Royal will always (and ONLY) rudder-crit Bizmarks without loosing a single Swordfish; Archerfish/Balao will always DoT-flood Shinano to death.

...and every day someone turns a corner in an Akatsuki and trips over an Atlanta that instantly nukes her. 

• Funny 2

[O_O]
Members
677 posts
6,073 battles
9 minutes ago, Eugenie_101 said:

...and every day someone turns a corner in an Akatsuki and trips over an Atlanta that instantly nukes her. 

hahaha....well said...lol :Smile_veryhappy:

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,414 posts
4,309 battles

Hey! it's a me in that image. Sometimes I get the feeling that Bruno and my images of Shinano are the only ones in existence. Well, here's a couple more:

ygGQbkR.jpg

You can also see Takao and Zuikaku. the first was replaced with Myoko, then Mogami, and eventually added back in disguised as Atago. The latter was renamed Shokaku.

WCfll8V.jpg

Me being bad at carriers.:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[O_O]
Members
677 posts
6,073 battles

nice...rare pic make it like something out of a myth...lol 

and she was a T10....kewl...!:Smile_amazed:

wow! what an appropriate place to have a crack....right at the rear of the ship...lol :Smile_veryhappy:

Members
2,416 posts
2,224 battles
3 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Apparently already in the game; but shelved way back in the development days for ‘reasons.’

Maybe after the great carrier screwing; I mean rework; it will come out again.

(ninja’d)

As far as I know the new carriers don't have plane limits any more, so yeah, they could bring her back. 

• Cool 1

Members
510 posts
2,839 battles
2 hours ago, RumpledSteelskins said:

That's because half the hanger hull was for storage.