Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Anij

MM at Tier 8

46 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

43
Members
35 posts
2,138 battles

Hi

Has WG changed something in TIER 8 MM? Because something is wrong. Its 80% Tier 10 matches, 10% Tier 9 matches and 10% Tier 8 matches. In contrast at Tier 3-7 I get a nice spread of 30%-30% and 40%. When I signed up for Tier 8 I understand I need to play Tier 10..but since when has Tier 8 become Tier 9.5?

Seriously out here on the West Coast u need to get your Tier 8 matches in by 600PM west coast time because after that its mostly Tier 10.

Personally I hate tier 10 games, its slow , its boring and nothing happens for 16 minutes and then you lose.

I don't care what tier its is so when a player is driving a Tier 5 you cant have 90% of your matches in Tier 7.

Why cant it just be a hard cap? 40% of your matches are in your Tier, 30% are 1 Tier up and 30 % are 2 Tiers up..it cant be that hard to do

 

 

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,599
Members
17,819 posts
5,087 battles
15 minutes ago, Anij said:

Hi

Has WG changed something in TIER 8 MM? Because something is wrong. Its 80% Tier 10 matches, 10% Tier 9 matches and 10% Tier 8 matches. In contrast at Tier 3-7 I get a nice spread of 30%-30% and 40%. When I signed up for Tier 8 I understand I need to play Tier 10..but since when has Tier 8 become Tier 9.5?

Basically since WG decided that T4 couldn't see T6 anymore, and decided that they should sell camo that allowed the average player to play T10 and make a profit.

15 minutes ago, Anij said:

Why cant it just be a hard cap? 40% of your matches are in your Tier, 30% are 1 Tier up and 30 % are 2 Tiers up..it cant be that hard to do

It would be simplicity itself.....if you were the only person on the server.

But everything's interconnected, which is why T4 protection affects T8.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,599
Members
17,819 posts
5,087 battles
5 minutes ago, OpticLance said:

This has always been an issue. I enjoy playing T8 ships but the MM is to broken. 

I want to say that, up until maybe a year ago, it actually wasn't an issue. T8 was a very popular tier to play.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,058
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,218 posts
8,804 battles

The MM is fine, the problem is there are too many tier 10's in the queue because with permanent camouflage it is possible to constantly play them. Now that raises the question of how to reduce the number of tier 10's in the queue.

Tier 5 is another issue and even there they get about 1/2 of their matches as top tier or bottom in a tier 6 match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
Members
35 posts
2,138 battles
13 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Basically since WG decided that T4 couldn't see T6 anymore, and decided that they should sell camo that allowed the average player to play T10 and make a profit.

It would be simplicity itself.....if you were the only person on the server.

But everything's interconnected, which is why T4 protection affects T8.

 

wat? your kidding right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
Members
35 posts
2,138 battles
15 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I want to say that, up until maybe a year ago, it actually wasn't an issue. T8 was a very popular tier to play.

yeah I know but playing tier 8 now is really a headache. Why not just let tier 10 play all by themselves?

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
115
[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
453 posts
961 battles

Perhaps it's that right at this moment, we do not have the following in play:

1. Arms Race for T9 & T10 ships

2. Regular Ranked Battles Season for T10 ships (current Sprint is for T5)

3. Regular Clan Battles Season for T10 ships (current cross-server test is for T6)

So, a glut of T10 ships with nowhere to go except Random Battles...

Edited by Bonfor
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
283
[-WPG-]
Members
738 posts
3,145 battles

Did you really need to make yet another thread on this tired topic when there's one several pages long on the front page right now?

  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27
[TXP]
Members
658 posts
10,280 battles
27 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Did you really need to make yet another thread on this tired topic when there's one several pages long on the front page right now?

Sure. They don't seem to listen.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles
1 hour ago, Bonfor said:

Perhaps it's that right at this moment, we do not have the following in play:

1. Arms Race for T9 & T10 ships

This.  If WG made Arms Race highly rewarding game mode (all the usual stuff from randoms, including credit toward missions, plus perhaps separate mode specific objective that give some special Arms Race containers with Coal/Free XP/Signals) that would go a long way in removing bunch of T9/T10 ships from the queue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
896 posts
7,771 battles
5 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

This.  If WG made Arms Race highly rewarding game mode (all the usual stuff from randoms, including credit toward missions, plus perhaps separate mode specific objective that give some special Arms Race containers with Coal/Free XP/Signals) that would go a long way in removing bunch of T9/T10 ships from the queue.

Im not certain. When Arms Race was active, Im pretty sure it did the opposite. I seemed to be more frequently placed in tier 10 games. 

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles
2 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Im not certain. When Arms Race was active, Im pretty sure it did the opposite. 

Arms Race did not reward the regular achievements and did not get any credit toward mission objectives.  Many people stopped queuing up because of this.  I found the mode to be very fun, and I would have kept playing it if queue did not dry out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,637
[INTEL]
Members
8,452 posts
25,345 battles
1 hour ago, Anij said:

Hi

Has WG changed something in TIER 8 MM? Because something is wrong. Its 80% Tier 10 matches, 10% Tier 9 matches and 10% Tier 8 matches. In contrast at Tier 3-7 I get a nice spread of 30%-30% and 40%. When I signed up for Tier 8 I understand I need to play Tier 10..but since when has Tier 8 become Tier 9.5?

Seriously out here on the West Coast u need to get your Tier 8 matches in by 600PM west coast time because after that its mostly Tier 10.

Personally I hate tier 10 games, its slow , its boring and nothing happens for 16 minutes and then you lose.

I don't care what tier its is so when a player is driving a Tier 5 you cant have 90% of your matches in Tier 7.

Why cant it just be a hard cap? 40% of your matches are in your Tier, 30% are 1 Tier up and 30 % are 2 Tiers up..it cant be that hard to do

WG lives in mortal terror of queue waits, so it won't hard cap.

The T8-10 MM sucks. I have stopped playing T8 entirely because of the uptiering, and I dont buy T8 premiums because of the uptiering.  

Just stop playing T8-10 and play only T7 like I do, and everything will be ok.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
896 posts
7,771 battles
1 minute ago, Ramsalot said:

Arms Race did not reward the regular achievements and did not get any credit toward mission objectives.  Many people stopped queuing up because of this.  I found the mode to be very fun, and I would have kept playing it if queue did not dry out.

I wasnt commenting on anything about Arms Race other than how it may of affected the tier 8 queue. 

During that time period, I was playing almost exclusively tier 8 cruisers. Literally at least 100-200 games per week in only tier 8. That is just the anecdotal indication I felt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
115
[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
453 posts
961 battles
14 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

WG lives in mortal terror of queue waits, so it won't hard cap.

The T8-10 MM sucks. I have stopped playing T8 entirely because of the uptiering, and I dont buy T8 premiums because of the uptiering.  

Just stop playing T8-10 and play only T7 like I do, and everything will be ok.

Good money-saving tip right there...T8 premiums are way overpriced for the quality of games you get compared to T7 and below...in fact, they should be offering them at fire-sale prices with all the T8 MM threads we've had lately...:cap_like:

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,637
[INTEL]
Members
8,452 posts
25,345 battles
33 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Im not certain. When Arms Race was active, Im pretty sure it did the opposite. I seemed to be more frequently placed in tier 10 games. 

I posted some numbers a couple of days ago. In the quarter ending Sept 29, there were 4.3 million T10 battles, but 4.9 million T8. That means that if you run arms race, there are fewer T10s to fill Random battles, meaning that even more T8s have to be dragged up to fill T10 matches. Since WG knows these numbers, suggestions from the forum that they were trying to help T8 are wrong. They are pioneering new modes so players don't notice that we have no new maps in like a year, and the ones we've had have been crap.

Really tired of gimmicks instead of meaningful improvements. More maps, please. 

WG should make arms race two tiers exclusively: 9-10, 7-8, 5-6, with reduced but still meaningful rewards. Or even go one tier, and permit only a limited number of players to enter.

Edited by Taichunger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
896 posts
7,771 battles
5 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

I posted some numbers a couple of days ago. In the quarter ending Sept 29, there were 4.3 million T10 battles, but 4.9 million T8. That means that if you run arms race, there are fewer T10s to fill Random battles, meaning that even more T8s have to be dragged up to fill T10 matches. Since WG knows these numbers, suggestions from the forum that they were trying to help T8 are wrong. They are pioneering new modes so players don't notice that we have no new maps in like a year, and the ones we've had have been crap.

Really tired of gimmicks instead of meaningful improvements. More maps, please. 

WG should make arms race two tiers exclusively: 9-10, 7-8, 5-6, with reduced but still meaningful rewards. Or even go one tier, and permit only a limited number of players to enter.

Yah, that's the feeling I got. Though I wasnt going to say it directly, cause there are other factors that I know come into play for my ancedotal experience (dominantly the time of day at which I played these matches).

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
73 posts
2,091 battles

no that is what u get no change no fix no ears hearing you done a lot have tried all have failed no one plays there 8 or 9's they buy over it get there 10's and smash the 8's sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
383
[WOLFB]
Members
1,668 posts
8,058 battles
5 hours ago, Anij said:

 

I don't care what tier its is so when a player is driving a Tier 5 you cant have 90% of your matches in Tier 7.

Why cant it just be a hard cap? 40% of your matches are in your Tier, 30% are 1 Tier up and 30 % are 2 Tiers up..it cant be that hard to do

 

Funny you mention that because the reason why most people don't recommend buying T5-6 premium is because of the constant uptier. T5 and T6 ship are almost always uptier but at the same time, T8 always face T10. There is a kind of irony here. 

 

Every player who have T10 ship right now, have been forced to play through that T10 MM. And guess what ? They are not dead and now they can enjoy playing T10 (that is if they enjoy high tier).  If having +2/-2 MM means slower queue, then it's fine 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
900
Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

They should at least use the same matchmaking as they do in World of Tanks, where if you're bottom tier you only face three top tier tanks.

Edited by Hiroe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
212
[TDRB]
Members
966 posts
3,746 battles
5 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Did you really need to make yet another thread on this tired topic when there's one several pages long on the front page right now?

No, we didn't "need" another but we have one. We have a kazillion radar threads, bad player threads, I'm quitting threads too.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,599
Members
17,819 posts
5,087 battles
13 hours ago, Anij said:

wat? your kidding right?

Lol unfortunately, no......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×