You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheUssLoliChan

Am I Just Stupid Or?

13 comments in this topic

[USNR]
[USNR]
Members
12 posts
1,251 battles

Hi There!

I (Once again) came here to ask a question, i got got some new notification for some ship skins and yet a do not see them BUT something else instead..

976062935_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2018_10.24-15_48_14_63.thumb.png.4f1eb6303e2d9840219c4931340e97c1.png1385472831_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2018_10.24-15_48_32_66.thumb.png.619364ea91d088f5e8272a7ea4a8dcf3.png736705740_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2018_10.24-15_48_40_13.thumb.png.0ca97a75332e844b4bfbd2365bc84f2c.png744611281_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2018_10.24-15_52_06_62.thumb.png.2f89b99f7e6d58c653649adf86e0b3cf.png

I'm (still) fairly new to this game and i do not understand if this is a joke or this is for a different ship (as you saw there was the tirpitz and the st.louis)

but the ONLY new thing i got was this valentine heart skin???

my question is (if this is not confusing enough) are these skin the Halloween event skins, and if they are did they mess up and did a different skin... and if they were the Halloween skins are they permanent.?

sorry for the headache lads!

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
1,067 posts
7,118 battles

These are the special camos from the Halloween event, which allows you to drive them in normal random or co-op battles with that Halloween skin.

To see the Tirpitz one you would have to be in the Tirpitz, but you should see the St Louis one in your screenshot.  It would be in the top row of camos, probably on the upper left corner.  If you haven't, maybe try closing the game and launching it again?  Not sure why you aren't seeing it.  Maybe file a service desk ticket if you still don't see it.

• Cool 1

[USNR]
[USNR]
Members
12 posts
1,251 battles
2 hours ago, RightYouAreKen said:

These are the special camos from the Halloween event, which allows you to drive them in normal random or co-op battles with that Halloween skin.

Are this ship skin permanent?

• Cool 1

[ML-S]
Members
284 posts
4,025 battles
1 minute ago, TheUssLoliChan said:

Yes, they are permanent. Check and make sure you have the Halloween camos enabled (gears in the bottom right of port)

• Cool 2

[HYDRO]
Members
1,310 posts
3,662 battles
1 minute ago, TheUssLoliChan said:

Yes they are.

Take a look at your carousel, there is a possibility the Halloween skins are disabled and thus not showing up in the camouflage section. 

• Cool 2

[USNR]
[USNR]
Members
12 posts
1,251 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

Yes they are.

Take a look at your carousel, there is a possibility the Halloween skins are disabled and thus not showing up in the camouflage section. 

You Sir need an award! Thank you! it was turned off somehow i never touch those buttons.

• Cool 2

[ML-S]
Members
284 posts
4,025 battles
Just now, TheUssLoliChan said:

You Sir need an award! Thank you! it was turned off somehow i never touch those buttons.

I believe it is off by default

Members
2,396 posts
5,421 battles

You might click on the ship carousel icon and choose a more compacted view so you see more ships than one line side to side. I think with your screen rez you can go double stacked. Jus lettin ya know..

Edited by dionkraft

[TF16B]
Members
8,054 posts
16,991 battles
5 minutes ago, TheUssLoliChan said:

Just out of curiosity, are you talking about the (top row, third position, and second row, fifth position,) Halloween camos? Or the special steampunk camos for the ships in the current Halloween Ops?

btw; +1 all your posts this thread because Izuna.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,576 posts
3,901 battles
14 minutes ago, BigBlackRat said:

*snip*

Thanks!  Just pointed another guy here from another thread about a similar issue.  Don't know for sure if it will help him, but it's a likely cause of his issue.

Beta Testers
1,464 posts
8,735 battles
2 hours ago, TheUssLoliChan said:

FYI, there are a couple of tells for whether or not a camo is permanent.   Note this screen shot in BigBlackRat's post.

1 hour ago, BigBlackRat said:

shot-18_10.24_14_43.18-0760.thumb.jpg.d473fee5414e6f1ea6fe90c238e211f1.jpg

The first tell is that permanent camos are always listed first.  The first two camos (in the first row) are permanent camos and the rest of the camos are temporary.  The second tell and the easy way to tell the difference is to note the two Halloween camos, the second camo and the last one in the first row.  Note that the latter has a quantity associated with it while the former does not.  Since Permanent camos are … well … permanent, they cannot be used up so there is never a quantity associated with them.  Temporary camos can be used up, so they will always have either a quantity, indicating how many you have available for use in your inventory, or a resupply cost (see the third camo in the second row).  That cost will either be around 22,500 credits or a small number (e.g., 15) of doubloons.  Which it uses depends on whether the camo can be bought with in-game credits and/or whether you have specified resupply using credits or doubloons.  Permanent camos can have a cost (indicating you don't own it yet), but the cost is much more substantial, and it will always be in doubloons.  That cost also varies by tier.  For instance a mid-tier permanent camo may be around 6,000 doubloons while a top tier permanent camo may be around 9,000 doubloons.