You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Royal Navy missions this week (24 October): a no-frills version without screencaps.

12 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
5,781 posts
3,942 battles

For the week of play beginning 24 October.

As always, all are for T5+ ships unless stated otherwise (check in-game for yourselves if uncertain):

All current modes of play (Co-op, Scenario, Random, Ranked) are valid.

Le Terrible comes into the shop on Friday from what I hear, and the Wed and Thurs special T8 missions for her and Cossack will back-complete when the Friday special mission is completed.

This week's missions do not award anywhere near as many containers as before, but they do award a LOT of premium consumables. Check in-game for specific details; the pumpkin drops only are detailed below.

Wednesday (overall reward 1 guinea, 1 pumpkin, 500 coal), any FOUR (not three, as previously) of:

20 secondary armament hits.

1.5 million credits earnings (after bonuses but before deductions). ETA - Operations are not valid for this requirement.

40,000 Commander XP

500 main gun hits (awards pumpkin container) - ETA: Cruiser Syvatozar in the Halloween op has a main battery mod that allows stupidly high rates of fire for brief periods and makes the main battery mission a very, very easy task.

Earn 7 stars in ops

(For Cossack and Le Terrible: tank 750K damage)

(I four-starred this mission twice and completed it with zero stars with the battleship once, easily picking up the main and secondary armament tasks at the same time. This took me less than an hour.)

Thursday (overall rewards as before, but 1000 coal), any FIVE of:

55 ribbons of any kind

2 achievements

8500 base XP

750,000 credits

Come in top 5 in 4 battles

Earn 7 stars in ops

(Cossack, Le Terrible as above)

Friday (overall rewards as above, but 1500 coal), any SIX of:

Damage 20 modules

Get 10 ribbons including destroy ship, take cap, share cap, defend cap

Tank 6 million damage

Earn 1 million credits

Earn 30,000 ship XP

Deal 375,000 of any sort of damage (awards a pumpkin container)

Earn 7 stars in ops

(Cossack, Le Terrible mission as above)

Saturday (overall rewards as above, but 2000 coal), any... I'm not sure if it's six or seven, of:

3 spotted ribbons

3 wins

15 citadel or incapacitation ribbons

Earn 1.5 million credits

Earn 1500 free XP

Get 35 (THIRTY FIVE) fire, torpedo hit or flood ribbons 

Earn 7 stars in ops 

(Cossack, Le Terrible as above)

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,781 posts
3,942 battles

Thoughts on tonight's missions, to wit:

55 ribbons of any kind

2 achievements

8500 base XP

750,000 credits

Come in top 5 in 4 battles

Earn 7 stars in ops

(Cossack/Le Terrible missions: not eligible)

Top 5 in 4 battles - almost always easily achievable with reasonable rapidity in co-op. Any light cruiser should easily do the job, but I will take the Atlanta or Helena to be sure. Given the Ovechkin event, I can earn an achievement in co-op if I can manage four kills, possibly clearing that out of the way. If not, switch to British battleships (Nelson especially) in Randoms and tank heavily while trying at the same time to stay alive. Print Dreadnought. Rinse and repeat. Possibly try to snag early kills for dev strike or first blood or both. Alternatively, cruisers and destroyers can throw out spite torps for the Flesh Wound award.

The Base XP and the credits are a grind, but the Random games with premium BB's should be good for that and I can swap between Warspite, Nelson, QE and KGV as needed to keep things rolling. Along with tonight's mission, I will be completing last night's leftover money grind. If I don't get this lot finished, I'll probably have more time tomorrow night in which to polish the final tasks off while grinding the Friday ones. 

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
449 posts
955 battles

Remember when the first directive each week only needed 3 items to complete?  Can't wait to see what the inflated numbers will look like for the 12th and final week of the RN cycle to earn those last few guineas...probably something like "earn 10m credits, earn 250k commander XP, be in the top 3 scores for 30 games"...:cap_popcorn:

Thanks for the rundown, though!

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,781 posts
3,942 battles
7 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

Can't wait to see what the inflated numbers will look like for the 12th and final week of the RN cycle to earn those last few guineas...

Oh God, yes. I have the 10 for 1 deal so I should be out of it by then, and I already have 3 out of the 50, but I pity the poor bastards who bought that package for a friend and will have to stick it out to the very end and buy two at full price for themselves. I seriously hope your suggestions are nowhere near the reality. There has to be a ceiling to this, and if it gets much worse I'm going to complain (politely, but firmly).

• Cool 2

Members
478 posts
2,009 battles

Man the rate they are handing out coal I will have the john doe special commander for my American BBs in no time.

[WOLF6]
Members
128 posts
3,713 battles

If I finish the first round and get the seven stars in the second round, does it count for both?

Beta Testers
478 posts
6,352 battles

For the 500 hits with Main Armament, I used the Akizuki in co-op (easy)

For the secondaries, use the Magnu-S in the Halloween Mission with secondary flags and its crazy.

Beta Testers
281 posts
6,640 battles

Is it just me or did they increase the number of directives required to advance to the next stage? Also, the missions in general seem to be more 'grindy' than the first bunch. It's not hard but it's time consuming.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
449 posts
955 battles
4 hours ago, CFagan1987 said:

Is it just me or did they increase the number of directives required to advance to the next stage? Also, the missions in general seem to be more 'grindy' than the first bunch. It's not hard but it's time consuming.

They increased the number of missions within each directive that need to be completed, and the missions have increased in the amount of things to grind, especially compared to the very first RN missions when the cycle first started.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,781 posts
3,942 battles
7 hours ago, CFagan1987 said:

They did, and I drew particular attention to this in Wednesday's missions. 

I got the Guinea last night, but it required more time than I can really spare from my private life to get it all done.

It's worth noting that while this Ovechkin thing is running, the baby Kraken/cuttlefish they give out for four kills even in co-op counts as an achievement. Use and abuse it.

Beta Testers
281 posts
6,640 battles
8 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They did, and I drew particular attention to this in Wednesday's missions. 

I got the Guinea last night, but it required more time than I can really spare from my private life to get it all done.

It's worth noting that while this Ovechkin thing is running, the baby Kraken/cuttlefish they give out for four kills even in co-op counts as an achievement. Use and abuse it.

Yep, it used to be that I could finish all 4 stages by Saturday night or Sunday morning ... this past week I was grinding right up until Tuesday afternoon.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,781 posts
3,942 battles

Thus far I have been running Sunray and generally getting my seven stars in two games (thanks to the teams; I rarely survive but seem to kill or weaken enough ships to help). This usually autocompletes the simpler tasks, and then I wade in and finish off what's left.

Most of tonight's tasks look like they could be done easily in co-op/operations, leaving only the money grind. Quite frankly, if I can polish everything else off tonight and get the guinea, I don't care; I'm going to spend the next three nights chilling in low-tier co-op and grinding my British destroyers. It would be nice to get up to the Wakeful by the time the next stage comes along.