Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bianchi4Me

RN directives could use some creativity...

20 comments in this topic

Members
108 posts
1,960 battles

Anyone else think they could spice up the RN event by putting a little more variation in the weekly directives?  I like the grind, generally speaking, but going from "earn 10k" to "earn 30k" to "earn 40k" each week is super boring and also gives you nothing to look forward to next week other than "same as this week, only worse". I suppose that may be deliberate, with the idea being that players who are already somewhat invested in earning Cossack will just get bored/discouraged into buying some Guineas.  How about mixing it up each week so we don't have the same requirements with bigger numbers in back-to-back weeks?

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,813 posts
7,241 battles
1 minute ago, Bianchi4Me said:

Anyone else think they could spice up the RN event by putting a little more variation in the weekly directives?  I like the grind, generally speaking, but going from "earn 10k" to "earn 30k" to "earn 40k" each week is super boring and also gives you nothing to look forward to next week other than "same as this week, only worse". I suppose that may be deliberate, with the idea being that players who are already somewhat invested in earning Cossack will just get bored/discouraged into buying some Guineas.  How about mixing it up each week so we don't have the same requirements with bigger numbers in back-to-back weeks?

It's better than the do X and win requirements. Those are harder for the average players to complete.

[-WPG-]
Members
725 posts
3,132 battles

Credits, xp, free xp, caps/defends, kills... what else is there? A least there are no "in a win" challenges, and you can do wins and caps in coop. 

My larger complaint is the rewards have been nerfed in 7.10. Instead addl crates and dragon flags, now we get 3 damage control modules or something. 

Members
471 posts
1,992 battles

I just hate the base exp ones myself. If it was just exp I could accelerate it with flags and camo.

[CK5]
Members
781 posts
6,184 battles

Does anyone else think it is odd that there is a RN mission for the Le Terrible, yet the ship is not available to play?

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,813 posts
7,241 battles
1 minute ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Credits, xp, free xp, caps/defends, kills... what else is there? A least there are no "in a win" challenges, and you can do wins and caps in coop. 

My larger complaint is the rewards have been nerfed in 7.10. Instead addl crates and dragon flags, now we get 3 damage control modules or something. 

There were 12 RN crates for each Stage last patch and this patch it is 6 pumpkins per Stage. Last patch you could earn a Warspite or Gallant, now you can get perma-camos. I guess WG figures that the perma-camos are worth more than one premium ship.

[PVE]
Members
8,813 posts
7,241 battles
Just now, PrairiePlayer said:

Does anyone else think it is odd that there is a RN mission for the Le Terrible, yet the ship is not available to play?

Comes out Friday according to @turbo07. There are two threads on it.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,905 battles
10 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

It's better than the do X and win requirements. Those are harder for the average players to complete.

At least the ones we've had for this event so far have been trivial in what must be done. Bless WG's black little heart for allowing co-op; it makes the wins much easier to get.

The escalating requirement for earnings, captain and Base XP is beginning to run up against the hard IRL limits of my gameplay time, something which wasn't the case when this event started (kids' evening activities are finishing much later than they used to). At least if I had to chuck it in now I'm down to no more than 20 extra guineas required, which has effectively halved the price of the ship from full purchase.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,303 posts
3,661 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Snip.

WG stated we would be able to get 48 Guineas, not that we would get them and have fun while doing so :Smile-_tongue:.

I for one agree, the events since July with the Indianapolis marathon have been going nonstop, a bit of a breather would be nice. 

Edited by warheart1992

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,894 posts
3,268 battles
13 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Comes out Friday according to @turbo07. There are two threads on it.

damn. Another destroyer I won't be able to afford.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,303 posts
3,661 battles
3 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

damn. Another destroyer I won't be able to afford.

Dunno if it's any consolation, but according to most CCs it's a destroyer you won't regret being unable to afford.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,905 battles
19 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

WG stated we would be able to get 48 Guineas, not that we would get them and have fun while doing so :Smile-_tongue:.

I for one agree, the events since July with the Indianapolis marathon have been going nonstop, a bit of a breather would be nice. 

I wouldn't mind the current event at all except that I don't sit down to play until 8:30pm some evenings and my wife starts giving me the evil eye at about ten-ish. I am going to have to attempt the operations missions this week, because with 1.5M credit missions acting as an absolute barrier to progress past the Wednesday directive, I'm potentially looking at quite significant delays to starting the next directive in the sequence.

This will be the last. I don't care what we have to grind for after this; I'm taking a break when it's done. At least the permanent missions can be chipped away at in their own sweet time (I badly want the Shinonome and Yamamoto; Halsey is a much longer term prospect).

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Alpha Tester
2,718 posts
4,294 battles

They are going to do their worst to prevent people from getting Cossack on da cheap.

48th Guinea: Solo Warrior...:Smile_sceptic:

[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,905 battles
Just now, pyantoryng said:

They are going to do their worst to prevent people from getting Cossack on da cheap.

48th Guinea: Solo Warrior...:Smile_sceptic:

I'm going to hold you to that.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,303 posts
3,661 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This will be the last. I don't care what we have to grind for after this; I'm taking a break when it's done. At least the permanent missions can be chipped away at in their own sweet time (I badly want the Shinonome and Yamamoto; Halsey is a much longer term prospect).

Agreed, I recently finished Yamamoto and the ability to progress at your own pace, even for difficult tasks is a godsend. 

Unless there is a crazy reward for  the Christmas grind I will also abstain from it. 

[PRDEF]
Members
66 posts
3,381 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The escalating requirement for earnings, captain and Base XP is beginning to run up against the hard IRL limits of my gameplay time,

Agreed.  I've been grinding for the Cossack on my account and my son's account.  Up to this past week, I'd gotten all 4 weekly Guineas on my account and all but 1 Guinea on my son's account.  This past week, I got all my Guineas, but only 2 for my son.  This week's don't look any better for the grind.

/rant on

I've also been peeved about the DD-specific missions each week.  The first month was bad enough with them being RNG dependent on whether you would get the appropriate ships and the Tier 7/8 missions being basically show up and don't choke on your own spittle.:Smile_teethhappy: 

Of course, WoWS upped their game last week with missions that required the VERY SHIP I'm grinding for to complete.  Then they turned it up to 11 this week with the Cossack/Le Terrible missions.  When I saw the details this morning, my first thought was "Of course they'd do that." :Smile_facepalm:  I can only imagine what else we'll see over the next 6 weeks.

If they really don't want to give these ships away for a buck, just say so and give us the full grind details so we can decide how much of a discount we want to earn!

/rant off

Members
2,383 posts
2,172 battles

Kill a ship while on fire by hitting it in the conning tower. [50,000 points to Gryffindor and a Halloween Crate]

• Funny 1

Members
108 posts
1,960 battles
3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

3 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Credits, xp, free xp, caps/defends, kills... what else is there?

Well, this is supposed to be the RN event, how about some additional RN flavor? Now they've released the full tech tree, so why not some directives using the lower tier RN DDs? People could pick up and try out the new ships via some of this grinding.  I'd like to check them out, but every minute of playtime I have is devoted to maxing XP and Credits.

Obviously, if you're open to some low tier options,  then you could also do some directives for low tier RN BBs and CLs.

For people allergic to sub 5 tier play, you can certainly keep the existing tasks.  

As it is, I'm playing the heck out of my Cleveland  because it generates oodles of hits, but it feels kinda goofy (and getting pretty dull) as part of a celebration of the Royal Navy.

Sign in to follow this