Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Warship Wednesday - The Kriegsmarine

19 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
759 posts
5,740 battles

640px-German_cruiser_Prinz_Eugen_off_Phi

*pictured - German cruiser Prinz Eugen arriving at Philadelphia Naval Shipyard in March 1946*

Which vessel of the Kriegsmarine is your favorite to sail into battle?

From heavily armored battleships to stealthy and lethal destroyers, the KM fleet showcases a variety of vessels with powerful armor and weaponry.

The KM were also feared for their unique characteristics of improved hydro-acoustic technology as well as deadly close in weapons systems.

When the Fatherland gets the call, which Kreigschiffe sails your battle flag into harms way?

"Everyone has his day and some days last longer than others." - Winston Churchill, British Prime Minister

#warshipwednesday

#anchorsaweigh

[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
226 posts
3,206 battles

For me it's got to be the Sharnhorst, fast loading guns and turrets, near cruiser speed, good secondarys and a broadside of torps for when things get heated up.:cap_like:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
491 posts
4,063 battles

Hindenburg, Nurnberg, and Scharnhorst for me. Eventually I will get to the higher tier DDs, I really didn't click with the mid tier ones.

• Cool 1

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
899 posts
6,266 battles

Bought Prinz Eugen the other day as the coop meta has shifted to "play a cruiser or get no XP"... have been pleasantly surprised by its performance.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles

Scharnhorst, Hindenburg, Tirpitz and <censored>.

• Cool 1

Members
3,617 posts
13,402 battles

Scharnhorst, Prinz Eugen, Graf Spee, T-61, Z-39, and V-170.

Germanite, FTW!

• Cool 1

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,543 posts
13,992 battles

For nostalgic reasons:  Tirpitz.

One of the first BBs that I got pretty good with.  Got her when she first came out which wasn't that long after WoWS went Live.  Loved her so much, she is the reason why I had my first High Points German Captain, why I had a good captain to work on the German Cruiser and Battleship lines with.

She is still a good BB but it is harder these days.  She still presents a short ranged lethality that other BBs are wary trying to get close with.

My Tirpitz also has access to this nice camo:

Spoiler

cDWxNHK.jpg

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,815 posts
3,913 battles

graf spee and prinz eitel.

• Cool 1

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,764 posts
5,805 battles

Spee and Tirpitz. Lately grinding the US cruisers has put these two aside but I plan on driving them more now that I have Wooster and DM. Bought the Tirp on the first day it was offered, played the crap out of it...'drive it like you stole it' is my motto with this ship. I have the MO for grinding so the Tirp and Spee are just fun ships.

Best fight in my Spee was soloing a QE. Started the fight at max range, WASD'd my way into torp range while burning the QE down a bit and sank it with torps.

• Cool 1

[VVV]
Members
339 posts
2,240 battles

Nassau (Ok yes the baby seals get clubbed, shush now). Mainly because I have the Jackal Halloween camo and love to show it off. (Plus, yknow, fun seeing the secondaries melt ships)

• Cool 1

Members
1,451 posts
659 battles
37 minutes ago, AtlanticRim said:

Nassau (Ok yes the baby seals get clubbed, shush now). Mainly because I have the Jackal Halloween camo and love to show it off. (Plus, yknow, fun seeing the secondaries melt ships)

This.

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
937 posts
3,607 battles

The Prinz Eugen  was one tough ship & one of the only 2 major German ships to survive the war. He survived 2 atomic blast moored only 1200 yards from the epicenter. Radiation contamination prevented the repair of a small leak which became a major problem. The US Navy was unable to beech him before it sunk out of neglect.

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,128 posts
3,073 battles

Too many to pick just one, but if I really have to... Tirpitz.

I still consider her to be the best, if not one of the best, brawling battleship, all thanks to the sturdy turtle back armor, the superb German secondaries, and the awesome torpedoes.

• Cool 1

[1IF]
Members
69 posts
2,549 battles

Graf Spee all the way!  And I'm actually liking Hipper more than Eugen.  Go figure.  While I'd like the throw Shiny Horse in there, I actually did/do better with Gneisenau.

• Cool 1

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,197 posts
6,422 battles

Z-39, she combines wonderful mid-Tier MM, powerful artillery and healthy hp with a decent stealth and competitive Torpedo armament. She‘s also very easy on my eyes.

0F184BF0-1F0E-407D-ABCF-595F1363628E.thumb.jpeg.c7b81bda42fefc74ab1cd9965f29c2a7.jpeg

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,399 posts
25,196 battles
13 hours ago, Lert said:

Scharnhorst, Hindenburg, Tirpitz and <censored>.

OMG My Prinz is good...

• Cool 1

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles

Emden.  Miss sailing that ship but with the MM change I don't take her out of port :(

Scharnhorst, Hindenburg, and Graf Spee are my main go to ships now.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this