Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Steel_Castles

Visibility Improvements sorely needed...

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5
[-AFW]
Members
58 posts

Good morning,

Can we please have the option to change the text color and boldness for the chat, UID, and most importantly the ShipID info (Text above the ships in play) ?

This situation gets worse as my eye's age.  As it is now, much of the ShipID info blends into the background and I have no clue what the range is.  I have to zoom in on every ship to read it, and even that doesn't help sometimes.

The chat box?  I all but give up on that thing.  I have to move my screen around to put the box over a mountain or something else solid just so I can read it.  That is, of course, distracting.

This should be an easy option to implement.

Or if anyone knows of a legal mod for it, I'm all ears.

Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,582
[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
24 minutes ago, Steel_Castles said:

Good morning,

Can we please have the option to change the text color and boldness for the chat, UID, and most importantly the ShipID info (Text above the ships in play) ?

This situation gets worse as my eye's age.  As it is now, much of the ShipID info blends into the background and I have no clue what the range is.  I have to zoom in on every ship to read it, and even that doesn't help sometimes.

The chat box?  I all but give up on that thing.  I have to move my screen around to put the box over a mountain or something else solid just so I can read it.  That is, of course, distracting.

This should be an easy option to implement.

Or if anyone knows of a legal mod for it, I'm all ears.

Thanks :)

The simplest way to make the chat box, and perhaps other things, easier to read would be to give them non-transparent backgrounds.  One reason why the chat box can be hard to read at times is that its background *IS* transparent and the text can blend into the scenery on screen.  If the background of the chat box was basic black, it'd be sooooo much easier to read the chat text.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[-AFW]
Members
58 posts
30 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The simplest way to make the chat box, and perhaps other things, easier to read would be to give them non-transparent backgrounds.  One reason why the chat box can be hard to read at times is that its background *IS* transparent and the text can blend into the scenery on screen.  If the background of the chat box was basic black, it'd be sooooo much easier to read the chat text.

That would certainly help.  Black behind the TextID would be awesome too.

Or give the user a choice.  An even better concept :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
158
[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
484 posts
8,329 battles

Can't help with the chat box (haven't seen any mods for changing the background), but you can find mods for the crosshair, over target markers and range markers here,

 

http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/2020-07100-aslains-wows-modpack-installer-wpicture-preview/

 

If you decide to give it a try once running the installer, just click on "show descriptions" and then browse through the various mods till you find one you like.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,817
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,265 posts

So you know... i've been asking for UI changes like this for oh, well... ever since"open beta" turned into the "live" release. Fer cripe's sake, how about giving a simple option to BOLD the dynamic crosshair, maybe even change it's color? The chat interface tends to make red chat meaningless for the most part, as you can't read who the heck sent it (as my birthday is today, at 63, my eyes are getting wonkier every year so i'm in with you on this stuff). 

I'd like the ability to resize, even remove individual components of the UI... after all, how much do you really need to see when in scope mode? Not much really. 

What about a compass indicator at the very top of the display? How about the maps ALWAYS being laid out with North at the top, no matter which team you are, north is always, well, north (top) of the map. I think that would make learning maps a ton easier for folks. 

Recently I've noticed ping running into three digit territory... "could" be me... but then I know the port interface sucks down huge amounts of processing power while all you are doing is sitting in the port. Figure that one out... 

So to recap, there are a lot of QoL stuff they "could" do but those things are far down the list (if they're on the list at all) because they are still searching for ways to increase revenues. IMO that would be.. 

One thing they gave was the [SPACEBAR] key assignment for firing weapons. It's a Godsend for me... as every time I'd fire my main guns, my mouse would jerk to one side or the other. Assigning the spacebar as the "fire" button allows me to keep my mouse reticle "on target". It made a big difference for me (after about 30 games) as my accuracy increased. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,391 posts
5,421 battles

What is the resolution of the screen your playing on as well as what does the WOWs graphic setup set on? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[-AFW]
Members
58 posts
On 10/24/2018 at 2:02 PM, dionkraft said:

What is the resolution of the screen your playing on as well as what does the WOWs graphic setup set on? 

I've tried all the options.  this won't fix the problem.  The stuff plain disappears into the background.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[-AFW]
Members
58 posts
On 10/24/2018 at 12:42 PM, _GreyBeard_ said:

Can't help with the chat box (haven't seen any mods for changing the background), but you can find mods for the crosshair, over target markers and range markers here,

 

http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/2020-07100-aslains-wows-modpack-installer-wpicture-preview/

 

If you decide to give it a try once running the installer, just click on "show descriptions" and then browse through the various mods till you find one you like.

 

I've been through all the aslains mods.  While there are many options for the ShipID content, there is nothing to alter the font, color, size or background.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[-AFW]
Members
58 posts
On 10/24/2018 at 1:34 PM, Herr_Reitz said:

So you know... i've been asking for UI changes like this for oh, well... ever since"open beta" turned into the "live" release. Fer cripe's sake, how about giving a simple option to BOLD the dynamic crosshair, maybe even change it's color? The chat interface tends to make red chat meaningless for the most part, as you can't read who the heck sent it (as my birthday is today, at 63, my eyes are getting wonkier every year so i'm in with you on this stuff). 

I'd like the ability to resize, even remove individual components of the UI... after all, how much do you really need to see when in scope mode? Not much really. 

What about a compass indicator at the very top of the display? How about the maps ALWAYS being laid out with North at the top, no matter which team you are, north is always, well, north (top) of the map. I think that would make learning maps a ton easier for folks. 

Recently I've noticed ping running into three digit territory... "could" be me... but then I know the port interface sucks down huge amounts of processing power while all you are doing is sitting in the port. Figure that one out... 

So to recap, there are a lot of QoL stuff they "could" do but those things are far down the list (if they're on the list at all) because they are still searching for ways to increase revenues. IMO that would be.. 

One thing they gave was the [SPACEBAR] key assignment for firing weapons. It's a Godsend for me... as every time I'd fire my main guns, my mouse would jerk to one side or the other. Assigning the spacebar as the "fire" button allows me to keep my mouse reticle "on target". It made a big difference for me (after about 30 games) as my accuracy increased. 

Spacebar is my binocular swap :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×