You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Will the Stalingrad and Kronstadt get pulled from sale for being OP?

48 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
2,188 posts
9,666 battles

Just checked the stats and both ships are way more OP than the Kami-sisters , Gremy or Belfast ever dreamed of being and WG by policy does not directly nerf premiums. Is the only other option to remove them from sale?

• Bad 6

Members
17,823 posts
5,089 battles
2 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Just checked the stats and both ships are way more OP than the Kami-sisters , Gremy or Belfast ever dreamed of being and WG by policy does not directly nerf premiums. Is the only other option to remove them from sale?

They probably won't, as access to them is severely limited, in comparison to the ships they pulled.

[DANKY]
Members
443 posts
1,565 battles
1 minute ago, Sabot_100 said:

One does not just buy the Stalingrad. 

She is a great ship, but its stats reflect the general stats of people who earn her. Kron, I dunno, she has plenty of weaknesses to temper her threat. 

Members
1,534 posts
687 battles

Pull are reward ship for playing and doing well in Clan Battles and Rank? (Stalingrad).

I'm gonna say that is not going to happen.

[HINON]
Members
8,854 posts
4 minutes ago, Eugenie_101 said:

One does not just buy the Stalingrad. 

She is a great ship, but its stats reflect the general stats of people who earn her. Kron, I dunno, she has plenty of weaknesses to temper her threat. 

This, they are owned by a more select group of players and the stats reflect this. Much like how the Kongo variants had different overall stats based on the population that owned them.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,385 posts
7,979 battles
16 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Technically, neither are sold. And they don't pull reward ships (Stalingrad). Part of it, as others say, is the owners, especially in Kron's case. Unless I encountered bad players, I don't fear that ship. 305 mm isn't enough to punch through my Balti/Buff armour, or any of my BB's, inaccurate enough my DD's have dodged a lot, and well - the wiki is misleading when it talks about AA. Namely in that it won't even fend off an undedicated attack. It's AA is on par with maybe a tier 5-6 BB. Even my Kaga's planes can get through. So when I'm in Midway or Lex, with AP bombs - yeah that thing Vanishes fast. 

Also there is a technicality. They can't DIRECTLY nerf premium ships. Changes that affect more than one ship because it's a gun, or a shell, etc can effect premiums too. Case in point when they messed with smoke and all, Belfast and Kutzov were hit too. If Radar were nerfed Mo would take that hit likely. If they nerf the damage of the AP bomb (and assuming it's the same one E has) technically could nerf the bomb it uses for AP. 

Theres always the forgotten option, especially with the older ships, of make all the other ships better. 

[-TKS-]
Members
286 posts
5,606 battles
34 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

they nerfed the Giulio Cesare recently , so much for wg policy

• Bad 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,110 posts
9,224 battles

The stats will go down. It is the players that currently have them that are OP. 

[WOLFB]
Members
2,597 posts
4,981 battles
2 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

They did I guess I missed that. 

[USCC2]
Members
3,434 posts

Not looked at any stats but I agree you need to consider how you view the ship against others. 

Rather than the Kami sisters, you should compare them to the results of the Black, which I believe was also a reward ship for good players.

If they are equal in their results then there is your answer; if not and the Black performs worse, then for me, you have a point.

Then again, if the Black performs worse many will just probably say it's a DD so is supposed to lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

[BIAS]
Members
3,049 posts
9,037 battles
6 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

Citation? I never saw anything mentioned on it. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,122 posts
18,638 battles
1 minute ago, dukelego said:

kron isn't worth the fxp tbh.

Depends. If you have all the other free XP ships and all techtrees at the max plus easy farm free XP, she is worth it. 

Members
330 posts
6 battles
12 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Kron isn't OP at all.  I don't even play mine anymore.

according to the stats, it significantly outperforms all other T9 cruisers

[ARGSY]
Members
5,846 posts
3,984 battles
1 minute ago, paradat said:

Kronstadt is a 750K FXP premium. If I had not bought the Nelson, I could have had her yesterday. And I am very, VERY definitely NOT an OP player. Any dumb scrub who has played enough tech tree ships enough times and is willing to pay doubloons to get the free XP converted can have the Kronstadt long before they are ready for it IMHO. You can grind out a gazillion XP in a Tier 3 ship with every known flag and camo and jump straight into the Kronstadt at T9 if you are willing to drop the doubloons and spend the grind time to pump out elite tech tree ship XP. So she can be bought, after a fashion.

Stalingrad is another matter. You have to have ranked out so many times to get her that you are at the very least EXPERIENCED, if not OP, before you get your hands on that ship. And IIRC you have to have got that experience at higher tiers. And experience brings a power all its own.

[USCC2]
Members
3,434 posts
4 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

according to the stats, it significantly outperforms all other T9 cruisers

Yes but the Khab also beat all other DDs and even though it's survival and damage never beat any other ship type, it was never called OP.......:Smile_smile:

[UFFA]
Members
573 posts
29 battles
11 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Citation? I never saw anything mentioned on it. 

Somebody necroed a thread from when the Cesare was still in dev a while back. There was a bit of misunderstanding.

giphy.gif

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,849 posts
4,088 battles
16 minutes ago, paradat said:

let's nerf the players.

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
2,451 posts
4,080 battles

The Kronstadt, OP? Oh man, thanks for the laugh! :cap_like:

[NOOOB]
Members
1,441 posts
12,097 battles

Stalingrad is a whole different discussion, but the Kron is not OP - got her and never play her- for Free Exp ships my Musashi, Nelson and Missouri are all much better performers - kinda regret getting ....

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,247 posts
5,674 battles
56 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Here is the difference, the Stalingrad has been kept out of the hands of the unwashed masses and is generally only in the hands of the top level players in the game. So statistically she is going to look like a monster. If she was for sale in the premium shop you could realistically expect to chop her stats in half because of the low skill level players who would have bought her. I would suspect the Kronstadt has only sold a small number of ships, usually to a cruiser main that is a pretty good player and knows how to maximize its potential.