You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

A Guide to Legendary Modules - Best and Worst

24 comments in this topic

WoWS Community Contributors
1,435 posts
4,726 battles

I’ve created a video outlining all (with exception of Grozovoi and the two CVS) Legendary Modules, what they do, what you give up and whether they are worth the grind.  Overall, half are worth it and half aren’t.  Some are on the fence and come own to player preference.  It’s good to add to the discussion and this is just a Blueprint designed to help players make an informed decision on where to allocate their time.

• Cool 5

[INTEL]
Members
6,632 posts
25,386 battles

Good video. I disagree on Hindy though. I have it and find it hilarious. Fully fire protected, fires last 10 secs or less. You do not care to be set on fire.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,699 posts
10,043 battles
13 minutes ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

Hmm. Having been away a bit, how do you even get these modules?

Play a single game in the T10, then you get a chain of missions in personal assignment for it, which you have to complete in that ship. It's something like earn 100k XP, 15k FXP, win 15 battles and earn 40k Base XP.

[PVE]
Members
8,960 posts
7,305 battles
37 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

@Kizarvexis:

Zoup's kinda peddling his papers on your street corner.

Various opinions are a good thing.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
8,960 posts
7,305 battles

If you would like to see the math on the Unique (Legendary) Upgrades, here is the master thread to all of the current ones.

• Cool 1

[DANKY]
Members
444 posts
1,565 battles
1 hour ago, mofton said:

Play a single game in the T10, then you get a chain of missions in personal assignment for it, which you have to complete in that ship. It's something like earn 100k XP, 15k FXP, win 15 battles and earn 40k Base XP.

The base XP mission is a bit of a chore, since base XP on a T10 ship is completely wasted.  Converting that to FXP is too expensive to be remotely worth it. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,233 posts
8,804 battles
1 hour ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

Hmm. Having been away a bit, how do you even get these modules?

1 hour ago, mofton said:

This and they are never ending missions. The end date is because they can't leave those fields blank.

[-TKS-]
Members
288 posts
5,608 battles

good video,and it seems if that CE fix does come from the dev blog its going to make taking the legendary mods even worse options. 

Edited by EyE_dYe_QuIck

[-VT-]
Members
330 posts
6,490 battles
2 hours ago, alexf24 said:

Good video. I disagree on Hindy though. I have it and find it hilarious. Fully fire protected, fires last 10 secs or less. You do not care to be set on fire.

Going to have to agree with this, not only do you have only less than 10s fires, you also have 17s or less flooding. Very worth it for CBs imo.

[NG-NL]
Members
4,968 posts
8,109 battles
8 minutes ago, DemonGod3 said:

Going to have to agree with this, not only do you have only less than 10s fires, you also have 17s or less flooding. Very worth it for CBs imo.

Same problem as Montana: you're going to be shot at a lot more if give up concealment module. There's also giving up the 5% dispersion to enemy fire, which you might regret after receiving multiple AP volleys.

Still working towards the UU on Zao, Shima, GK, and Z52. They'll be reasonably fun. I'm prepared to get ~52 second reload on Z52's torps will make BBs nervous!

[INTEL]
Members
583 posts
7,362 battles
51 minutes ago, DemonGod3 said:

And the ability to dodge torpedoes like a DD. (well, not quite)

WoWS Community Contributors
1,435 posts
4,726 battles
1 hour ago, DemonGod3 said:

And fair enough about the Hindy.  Again, a lot of these will come down to personal preference and play style.  I gave my own opinion after laying out the facts.  For me, I love the double rudder shift too much.  However, for other players, they might need the perks of the mod more than others.

Which is also cool we got the conversation going and hopefully it will help others all the more...

[AR]
[AR]
Members
313 posts
11,653 battles

What happens if you sell a legendary mod? Can it be purchased like a regular upgrade, or does it go away perm?

[PVE]
Members
8,960 posts
7,305 battles
29 minutes ago, Aiser50 said:

What happens if you sell a legendary mod? Can it be purchased like a regular upgrade, or does it go away perm?

As far as I know, once you sell it, it is gone for good.

[AR]
[AR]
Members
313 posts
11,653 battles
43 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

=x

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,755 posts
9,484 battles

@LittleWhiteMouse already posted the results of their test of reduced dispersion mods. They're pretty much a placebo. Yes there is a slight improvement, but she had to fire hundreds of shots to even observe it.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,755 posts
9,484 battles

There are a couple problems with taking the Gearing module.

1. Your detection stays exactly the same. It's the range of the radar ships on the enemy team. Or even the hydro on the Z-52.

2. RPF greatly reduces the effectiveness of that stealth. I chase down and kill Shimakaze and Gearing in my Khabarovsk as it is. That extra stealth means nothing when I know where they are. The only thing that can save them is their cruisers or BB, which often arn't around late game.

Z-52 I'm gonna get and try. Stacking the torp reload mods could be hilarious. Having RPF will minimize the lost stealth. I can always swap back. 

[POP]
Members
538 posts
11,604 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

WG just released updated rules for it, you can get a special mod back every 6 months if you accidentally sell it

[PVE]
Members
8,960 posts
7,305 battles
40 minutes ago, Alabamastan said:

WG just released updated rules for it, you can get a special mod back every 6 months if you accidentally sell it

Ah, shiny, good to know. I will have to find that and update the master list.

@Alabamastan, do you know where WG put out this info please so I can copy it?

Edited by Kizarvexis

[POP]
Members
538 posts
11,604 battles

@Kizarvexis https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/23025/ if you want the thread that contains the entire list of changed its https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/172937-psa-wows-na-support-policy-update/

[PVE]
Members
8,960 posts
7,305 battles
1 hour ago, Alabamastan said:

@Kizarvexishttps://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/23025/ if you want the thread that contains the entire list of changed its https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/172937-psa-wows-na-support-policy-update/

Shiny, thank you very much