You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

Le Terrible: Coming Soon (not Soon tm)

30 comments in this topic

[NGA-B]
Members
1,214 posts
7,651 battles

Well if this screenshot is any judge, we could see the Le Terrible sailing into the premium shop on Friday unless some rather spiteful employee decided to troll those of us who have been salivating for her since her reload went down to 5 seconds:

2018142429_Screenshot(20).thumb.png.08e69a33eb0d850d6430307772fdca89.png

• Cool 2

[POP]
Members
841 posts
9,497 battles

*sigh*

I guess i'll go ahead and post the obligatory "where's mah Prinz Eitel?!"

*sigh*

tumblr_o774plmTxk1qc8w4vo1_540.gif

• Cool 1

[ICOP]
Members
785 posts
3,154 battles
1 minute ago, Gerbertz said:

*sigh*

*sigh*

I would recommend using an image of a pretzel ;), it would seem oddly fitting.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,589 posts
4,973 battles

Nice find I have not been tracking this ship so I know nothing about it.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,319 posts
3,668 battles
58 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Well if this screenshot is any judge, we could see the Le Terrible sailing into the premium shop on Friday unless some rather spiteful employee decided to troll those of us who have been salivating for her since her reload went down to 5 seconds:

Judging by most CCs opinion, even with the 5 sec reload she will most likely be a mehbote. Will withhold judgement until launch, but I am definitely not hyped as I was when I found out we would get a premium gunboat.

Beta Testers
2,833 posts
4,035 battles

WHAT ABOUT MY PRINZ EITEL?

tumblr_n3ikdw6khb1sqn3nno1_500.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DEP]
Members
124 posts
13,091 battles

So  yet another hugely over priced mediocre ship ? i'm just so surprised. Seems WG loves to jack up combos to try to put liptisck on a turd and charge almost double what its worth. Why do you think sales are declining...hmmm . Over saturation of mid tier mediocre garbage and constantly raising prices because players are not wanting to spend money like they used to... WG, try giving the players some VALUE for the money again like you did years ago... Don't believe me? 1. ships are constantly being released that are mediocre to sub par. 2. Mission prizes keep getting worse, with very few exceptions.  3. Crate prizes keep getting worse. 4. Everything is getting substantially more expensive. This is just plain greed and will eventually kill the game.  WG, you made a huge mistake with Halloween camo choices..and were extremely lazy by not doing more relevant ships. (i have no desire to buy any Halloween crates this year) I am expecting the same disappointment at Xmas as last year....same same. Ill spend my money elsewhere if the the offerings are still so bad.

• Cool 4

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
936 posts
6,366 battles
20 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

Given the meta shift towards high ROF spammers another BB may be irrelevant. 

[ARGSY]
Members
5,802 posts
3,974 battles
1 hour ago, Gerbertz said:

*sigh*

*sigh*

25 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

tumblr_n3ikdw6khb1sqn3nno1_500.gif

Currently being tested by multiple prominent CC's, so she'll probably drop in a patch or two (i.e. once the RN event is over, so she's not overshadowed by it).

Dropping Le Terrible quietly into the middle of the RN event strongly suggests to me that she is Terrible in the other sense and they are easing the pain by letting buyers run her for a "gimme" mission across the entire patch.

Community Department
2,021 posts
500 battles
2 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

It's planned to arrive on friday to the premium shop. It's not a trolling or something. Almost a half of a week is more than enough to complete the task if you plan the purchase.

As for me I don't think that any minor changes could spoil the ship. We're not interested in bringing in unballanced ship in the game. We'll look at the performance carefully. And make corrections if it's needed. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[EREKT]
Members
761 posts
5,778 battles

I don't get why you guys keep saying she's a mehbote. Terrible' top tier is going to be a monster...Over 50knts, 5s reload base. Put AFT/BFT on the baby and murder those slow tier 7 BBs. With AFT/BFT and the upcoming nerf to BB AP against DD's, she'll be more viable bottom tier.

It's faster then a Khaba, Khaba doesn't need smoke. It'll be going against lower tier ships with crappy sigma atleast  some of the time.... I think it'll be worth the money

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,685 posts
10,025 battles
37 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Currently being tested by multiple prominent CC's, so she'll probably drop in a patch or two (i.e. once the RN event is over, so she's not overshadowed by it).

Dropping Le Terrible quietly into the middle of the RN event strongly suggests to me that she is Terrible in the other sense and they are easing the pain by letting buyers run her for a "gimme" mission across the entire patch.

At this point I think the RN event is mostly over, and it shouldn't have a monopoly on premium ships for 3 months either. I think PEF may be sooner than the end of the RN event, which keeps going and going.

Right now all the RN stuff is some fairly generic missions which can largely be completed by any ships, which provide mostly Halloween Containers, not very British.

Members
162 posts

The whole idea of needing the Cossack to complete a mission to help get the um....Cossack is dumb. So is the French ship. So, is just needing a premium ship in general. Those missions should require Brit tech tree destroyers, because that is what the event is about anyways. 

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
5,802 posts
3,974 battles
3 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

The whole idea of needing the Cossack to complete a mission to help get the um....Cossack is dumb.

The whole idea of being able to power through North Cape with the Duke of York was equally dumb, but at least this time we get to do it in co-op if we want. I find co-op works very well for missions requiring gazillions of main battery hits, wins, and the like. Go, YOLO, get that out of the way, then get back into Randoms for the serious grinding (40K captain XP? My flag stocks are going to suffer badly, and we still have five weeks to go.)

[DRACS]
Members
3,351 posts
37 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

I don't get why you guys keep saying she's a mehbote. Terrible' top tier is going to be a monster...Over 50knts, 5s reload base. Put AFT/BFT on the baby and murder those slow tier 7 BBs. With AFT/BFT and the upcoming nerf to BB AP against DD's, she'll be more viable bottom tier.

It's faster then a Khaba, Khaba doesn't need smoke. It'll be going against lower tier ships with crappy sigma atleast  some of the time.... I think it'll be worth the money

Except that Khaba also has a heal and an armor profile that makes it partly immune to HE from even heavy cruisers. Not to mention railguns that are accurate at max range.

Le Terrible's 55 knot speed will be great for kiting, but she'll be completely wrecked if she's ever forced to slow down to engage other ships over cap control. Her HP also is on the high end of average, but certainly not enough to weather focus fire without a heal or smoke.

I think Le Terrible could be a really fun ship to play due to her crazy speed, but she'll be very uncompetitive in other ways, even with her gun reload booster. She needs at least *something* to boost her survivability before she goes live. A change to armor profile is unrealistic, but perhaps a heal would work if they refuse to give her smoke.

Edited by KaptainKaybe

[RED]
[RED]
Members
41 posts
8,687 battles

We need to get an MBRB special upgrade I can buy in the arsenal to extend action time.

Beta Testers
2,833 posts
4,035 battles
3 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

We need to get an MBRB special upgrade I can buy in the arsenal to extend action time.

they will release that special upgrade together with russian  BBs MBRB.(only available to russian BBs)

[NGA-B]
Members
1,214 posts
7,651 battles

Personally I don't think her being graded a mehbote necessarily means she'll be bad. @LittleWhiteMouse gave Aigle a definitive MEH and she was the only premium I bought this year until the Haida. And Aigle consistently provides me with a fun experience. As for Le Terrible: She's got five rapid-fire guns that hit hard and have decent arcs, she's faster than Khab but lacks the Khab's handling issues. I'll admit like most premiums that we've seen in the VI-VIII range, she'll dominate when up-tiered, but suffer when down-tiered. I'll wait on Mouse's review, but it would take a rather damning one to convince me not to grab Le Terrible.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,802 posts
3,974 battles
1 hour ago, JediMasterDraco said:

I'll wait on Mouse's review, but it would take a rather damning one to convince me not to grab Le Terrible.

Everything I've seen on her so far gave me the impression of an Aigle with super speed boost.  Aigle guns at Tier 10? Thank you, but no. The instant she's forced to come down from her lofty heights of near-supersonic speed, I fear the T10 gunboat destroyers are going to eat her alive. And even at full clip, a Harugumo or Daring might be able to put out enough shots to get a lucky hit that breaks something and brings her to a crashing halt. 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[NGA-B]
Members
1,214 posts
7,651 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Everything I've seen on her so far gave me the impression of an Aigle with super speed boost.  Aigle guns at Tier 10? Thank you, but no. The instant she's forced to come down from her lofty heights of near-supersonic speed, I fear the T10 gunboat destroyers are going to eat her alive.

Actually the two guns have their differences, namely with Le Terrible having an initial velocity of 840(HE)/800(AP) vs Aigle's 700/700. I would also imagine that Le Terrible's more modern shells would be better at retaining their speed.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,685 posts
10,025 battles
3 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Actually the two guns have their differences, namely with Le Terrible having an initial velocity of 840(HE)/800(AP) vs Aigle's 700/700. I would also imagine that Le Terrible's more modern shells would be better at retaining their speed.

Le Terrible indeed ends up with better HE shell flight times - 6.85s to 10km vs. 7.7s for Aigle. Not great compared to Kiev's 6.05s though.

Ironically Le Terrible somehow has pretty poor drag, a coefficient of 0.35 (lower is better) on HE and 0.318 on AP.

Aigle has 0.3 drag on both her HE and AP shells. Better on both. Shell weights are pretty much the same between them.

Le Terrible manages to win out thanks to the far higher starting velocity as you note, but not by as much as you might otherwise think.