You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
riverslq

yet another detonation thread

60 comments in this topic

[LEGO]
Members
125 posts
3,179 battles

please wargaming for the love of god

remove the stupidest mechanic in the world

• Cool 3
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 8

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,324 posts
14,705 battles

Honestly, it is not nearly as prevalent after their least tweak.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,233 posts
8,804 battles

Maybe we should remove everything that has RNG, fires, dispersion, detonations, AA? Somehow I don't think anyone would like the resulting game.

2oDMSK7.gif

• Funny 1

Members
5,021 posts
2,958 battles
1 hour ago, mr_angry_eyes said:

Ya, please Wargaming, add a flag and a module that prevents that.

Because no one has said this before. Why even have it in the game at that point then. It's a pointless mechanic. just a random "f*** you, you die for no reason other than RNG, regardless of HP" instance, that offers nothing to the game. There no counterplay or anything interesting that results because of it, other than being forced to mount a flag or wast a module slot.

It's a dumb and pointless mechanic, and I have maintained this position since before launch. 

Edited by goldeagle1123
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 6

[WOLFC]
Members
150 posts
13,604 battles

I get as frustrated as anybody when I have my ship detonated out from under me. But it doesn't happen very often. And it's absolutely hilarious when I detonate someone else. I hope detonations never disappear from the game.

• Cool 5

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,069 posts
7,618 battles
1 minute ago, goldeagle1123 said:

It's dumb and pointless mechanic, and I have maintained this position since before launch. 

And I, for one, was looking forward to blowing up magazines and have maintained this position since before launch.

• Cool 8

[DTM]
Alpha Tester
113 posts
3,344 battles

No one is forcing you to do anything and evidently your sarcadar needs adjusting.

I rather enjoy the random aspect that is detonation as it adds the spice of surprise. 

Members
2,904 posts
1,365 battles
10 minutes ago, mr_angry_eyes said:

Ya, please Wargaming, add a flag and a module that prevents that.

Lol, if its such a good mechanic that they add a 100% reduction flag, its best they simply remove the mechanic....

The way you guys [edited] about [edited] mechanics, but then vehemently defend their existance is astounding. 

• Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[POP]
Members
538 posts
11,604 battles
1 minute ago, KnightFandragon said:

Lol, if its such a good mechanic that they add a 100% reduction flag, its best they simply remove the mechanic....

The way you guys [edited] about [edited] mechanics, but then vehemently defend their existance is astounding. 

Lol, the way you assume the entire community is a singular entity and threads that both praise and scoff at the same mechanic are somehow related is astounding.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,735 posts
11,353 battles

I can't even remember the last time I was detonated, it happens so rarely. In over 10k matches I have only been detonated 85 times. And I rarely run det flags outside of competitive game modes. 

Can't believe people still cry about this even when it's so rare, just put on a det flag or det module if you are so upset about it.

• Cool 3

Members
2,904 posts
1,365 battles
Just now, Alabamastan said:

Lol, the way you assume the entire community is a singular entity and threads that both praise and scoff at the same mechanic are somehow related is astounding.

Well everytime one of these threads pops up, a large portion of people tend to agree its a pretty bad mechanic overall but give an overwhelming sense of supporting the mechanic, touting it as "bad rng", or some other crap.  Instead, just unite to get it either nerfed to hell or removed...then the problem goes away.

WG goes n puts bandaids in like flags n modules to mask an otherwise terrible mechanic.

[JUICE]
Members
814 posts
6,369 battles

Heck detonations are one of the truly realistic aspects of the game and this guy is raising hell about it...............

I have popcorn and beer ready for a ride lol:Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,975 posts
6,462 battles
36 minutes ago, riverslq said:

please wargaming for the love of god

remove the stupidest mechanic in the world

OslUVLD.jpg

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,233 posts
8,804 battles
19 minutes ago, goldeagle1123 said:

Because no one has said this before. Why even have it in the game at that point then. It's a pointless mechanic this just a random "f*** you, you die for no reason other than RNG, regardless of HP" instance, that offers nothing to the game. There no counterplay or anything interesting that results because of it, other than being forced to mount a flag or wast a module slot.

It's a dumb and pointless mechanic, and I have maintained this position since before launch. 

You are complaining about it being RNG but what is fire and secondaries, yep, RNG. I will get on the anti-detonation band wagon with one small requirement, DD's get the citadel back.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
538 posts
11,604 battles
7 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

Well everytime one of these threads pops up, a large portion of people tend to agree its a pretty bad mechanic overall but give an overwhelming sense of supporting the mechanic, touting it as "bad rng", or some other crap.  Instead, just unite to get it either nerfed to hell or removed...then the problem goes away.

WG goes n puts bandaids in like flags n modules to mask an otherwise terrible mechanic.

I like it and wish it would happen more

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,461 posts
25,360 battles
19 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I can't even remember the last time I was detonated, it happens so rarely. In over 10k matches I have only been detonated 85 times. And I rarely run det flags outside of competitive game modes. 

Can't believe people still cry about this even when it's so rare, just put on a det flag or det module if you are so upset about it.

Each time this thread comes up we have to explain that there are 12 players in a match, not one, and all are affected by RandomAFKs... I mean dets.

Won one last night thanks to early det of Red DD. Its a stupid mechanic.

Bonus bad logic... Since it happens so rarely why is it in the game? CVs cant detonate but nobody complains about it...

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 1

[POP]
Members
538 posts
11,604 battles
10 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Bonus bad logic... Since it happens so rarely why is it in the game? CVs cant detonate but nobody complains about it...

The list of things people complain about with CV is so extensive they are boing reworked completely. If it makes them so played there is more than one at every tier they may change the detonation mechanic on them too.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,849 posts
4,224 battles

It's almost like Wargaming never made Detonating from full health absolutely impossible, so that it could only happen if you were below 80% health...

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,849 posts
4,224 battles
23 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

Instead, just unite to get it either nerfed

See above.

Edited by Carrier_Lexington

[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,873 battles

I want to keep detonations for the salt factor if nothing else - both in game and in the forums.

I've been detonated 1.2% of the time. No worries at all.

Matter of fact I would love to see the detonatipn from across the map. It would make the mechanic even better if the ship went "poof" in a huge fireball!

Members
2,418 posts
5,424 battles

As I always have said..."If they removed DETONATIONS NO ONE would complain about it" 

• Bad 1
  • Angry 1