You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WARRSEAL

WOWS....should they introduce the submarine to regular random battles?

256 comments in this topic

[SB]
[SB]
Members
14 posts
5,190 battles

Why are Submarines being introduced far away from the first intention of World of Warships that being based on WW2 ships.   Why place this ship as an introduction as a side set during Halloween??????  I myself am impressed with the 

design of the game as a battleship replica to WW2 ships,.   This is why I Play,.,,,,,,What Im seeing over the years of the games growth is all fake....hypothetical....pretend.....fantasy........not truly a representation of all naval forces across the world.  Its become a Joke of Arcada concepts that only remind players of the untrue unreal.     Why NOT Keep the new introductions to the original game Play.?      Then after that place them in these goofy arcada crappy side shows that make no since and become nothing but unbelievable space and star trek shows for players?    Thur many conversations Im finding WOWs is becoming nothing but another pretend we exsist in a unbelievable world and its all about Space and goofy crap.    A real turn down from other games that as WOWs has the potential to continue to excel its concepts but instead continues to fall into to LOST IN SPACE concepts that only become a pain to players.    OR give them another reason not to believe in what is real or what is not,      

WARRSEAL

• Cool 3
  • Bad 10
  • Angry 4

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,807 posts
18,775 battles

What's with the tiny yellow print too hard to make out ????

• Cool 11
  • Funny 1

[WGA]
Administrator
667 posts
249 battles

Right now Submarines are being tested through the Halloween event to determine their impact and overall performance in World of Warships.  This is obviously a fundamental change that has the potential to make massive changes to the game and the team wants to ensure we move carefully.  Feedback, testing, more feedback, and more testing are the goals here for now.

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester
4,761 posts
2,411 battles

Simple answer? NO.

Longer answer? No because of what The Chieftain said in the "no subs" video. Subs are basically invisible underwater and have devastating firepower, but if/when they get seen they die immediately. This wouldn't be fun for the people playing subs or the people fighting them.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,249 posts
8,815 battles
10 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

What's with the tiny yellow print too hard to make out ????

I think it is to hide that even when enlarged it is painful to try to read. My opinion on subs in this game is a well documented NO! To be playable they will need buffs that turn them into something that more resembles a modern attack sub than the subs of the games era.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[HYDRA]
Members
51 posts
8,279 battles

They shouldn't introduce a new class in the game if they can't even balance the cvs properly. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[O_O]
Members
686 posts
6,073 battles

gee...we didn't even get Das Boat yet...and you already thinking of it being or not being in random games....:Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Members
8,876 posts
23 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

Simple answer? NO.

Longer answer? No because of what The Chieftain said in the "no subs" video. Subs are basically invisible underwater and have devastating firepower, but if/when they get seen they die immediately. This wouldn't be fun for the people playing subs or the people fighting them.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,463 posts
25,360 battles

Excellent bait.

In any case discussion is irrelevant, since the devs will introduce them to the game no matter what the playerbase preference is -- look at CVs, which the majority of the playerbase does not want in the game, but are not only in the game but getting a major rework involving mega dev time and effort -- just to put a ship back in that the majority doesn't want.

Think about that.

Subs are coming. Bank on it. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

Members
1,181 posts
501 battles
35 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

gee...we didn't even get Das Boat  BOOTyet...and you already thinking of it being or not being in random games....:Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 1

[SAA]
Members
822 posts
26,877 battles

Subs come, I go.  Don't need to introduce more gimmicks to a game that is all ready on the verge of just being another Donkey Kong.

• Cool 5

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,402 posts

If it can be balanced and done properly, sure. However it would further overtask Destroyers with more duties to perform, unless they trade out spotting and recon to the submarines

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[S-N-D]
Members
1,609 posts
5,545 battles
1 hour ago, WARRSEAL said:

Why are Submarines being introduced far away from the first intention of World of Warships that being based on WW2 ships.   Why place this ship as an introduction as a side set during Halloween??????  I myself am impressed with the 

design of the game as a battleship replica to WW2 ships,.   This is why I Play,.,,,,,,What Im seeing over the years of the games growth is all fake....hypothetical....pretend.....fantasy........not truly a representation of all naval forces across the world.  Its become a Joke of Arcada concepts that only remind players of the untrue unreal.     Why NOT Keep the new introductions to the original game Play.?      Then after that place them in these goofy arcada crappy side shows that make no since and become nothing but unbelievable space and star trek shows for players?    Thur many conversations Im finding WOWs is becoming nothing but another pretend we exsist in a unbelievable world and its all about Space and goofy crap.    A real turn down from other games that as WOWs has the potential to continue to excel its concepts but instead continues to fall into to LOST IN SPACE concepts that only become a pain to players.    OR give them another reason not to believe in what is real or what is not,      

WARRSEAL

Because your happiness doesn't translate into growth. The gameplay we have now has farmed just about all of the players it's going to farm, the community is aging, and those that spend are starting to level off with their purchases. You can not keep offering ever more powerful ships which is what one who has a plethora of premiums requires to justify a new purchase.

Nor can you continually increase the presence of radar to where 3/4 of the team has it as that makes concealment completely pointless as well as obsoleting non radar ships and DDs as a class. There is but 20 minutes in a game and 12 players per team. We already see 4-6 radar ships per team in each game. Unfortunately, removing radar is not an option at this point so threats that can circumvent it have to be introduced to level off the power it provides. Enter subs. 

There is also a competition factor. The other company as time goes by is slowly heading towards a unified war theatre which will place incredible strain on securing this games future. There is no argument to be had that having real players in planes, tanks, and ships operating at the same time in the same match is superior to just one genre. To compete you have to stay a step ahead of the other and that can mean offering gameplay the other hasn't. Frankly, it may just be a delay of the inevitable. 

Ignoring competition they have overhead to pay for and people expect cost of living increases. The game does not have an exclusive railway to whales and as those whales cap out on purchases replacements do not drop from the heavens. You can not keep offering slightly different BBs and generate the revenue needed from the occasional purchase by a collector. You have to enter new lines that compel all of them to purchase as they once did.

So if your line in the sand for playing and enjoying WoWS is the status quo it has been then your time in the game and enjoying it is very likely coming to an end.

Edited by _Caliph_
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,249 posts
8,815 battles
5 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

If it can be balanced and done properly, sure. However it would further overtask Destroyers with more duties to perform, unless they trade out spotting and recon to the submarines

That if is gigantic seeing that no one in the past has been able to balance them let alone make them act and feel like subs.

• Bad 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
1,877 posts
1 hour ago, 1Sherman said:

Simple answer? NO.

Exactly. 

• Bad 1

[SYN]
Members
4,532 posts
11,434 battles

Two words:

Hell [edited] no.

Beta Testers
1,173 posts
7,980 battles

Here's how I feel about subs and the game...

I think it's a bad idea, because subs are teh kind of thing that needs to be built into the game from the start.  I totally won't be shocked or surprised if they make it into randoms, and it will be a nightmare for everybody.   Nobody is going to be happy with subs.

Having said that - I will definitely take a bitter pleasure in the matches if they do go live.

But I think they should give sub players a wolf pack, 3 or 4 subs, honest slow fragile subs.  Make the player have to control all 4 at once, basically, hobble them with micromanagement  to get teh most out of them. 

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
1,652 posts
12,714 battles

Heck yeah I would love to see subs in the game. BB tears will flow like the Niger River, Its "World of Warships" not "World OF Battleships".  BB mains will have to "get gud". Bring on the Submarines please.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,402 posts
38 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

That if is gigantic seeing that no one in the past has been able to balance them let alone make them act and feel like subs.

And I'm fine with that sceptical assessment, however most of the people freaking out over it haven't even played the subs yet in the halloween event and don't yet know how they handle, let alone how they can be integrated into the meta.

Think of it like cooking; everyone freaks out that you want to try adding some bayleaf into the broth, you do it anyway, then later they're like "Hey, that's actually not that bad". Right now, most people are complaining without full knowledge of the situation. They just see submarines and panic.

Do I want them? Not really, unless they add Surcouf. But I have an open mind to the possibility and would like to see it through, fully tested and analysed.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,249 posts
8,815 battles
2 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

And I'm fine with that sceptical assessment, however most of the people freaking out over it haven't even played the subs yet in the halloween event and don't yet know how they handle, let alone how they can be integrated into the meta.

Think of it like cooking; everyone freaks out that you want to try adding some bayleaf into the broth, you do it anyway, then later they're like "Hey, that's actually not that bad". Right now, most people are complaining without full knowledge of the situation. They just see submarines and panic.

Do I want them? Not really, unless they add Surcouf. But I have an open mind to the possibility and would like to see it through, fully tested and analysed.

I did play them and while a I am fine with them in the alternate Earth of the Halloween event even the first one did not feel like a sub of the era the game covers. Far too fast when submerged and the controls are different from the surface ships, apparently Russians do not believe in standardization as we have that problem already with things like smoke and repair party using different keys on different ships.

[TNG-D]
[TNG-D]
Members
346 posts
8,441 battles

Yes and they already are in the new year. If you dont like it. Oh well go play some other game.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1