You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
You_Got_Sea_Herpes

Ranked Battles or Wasted battles

23 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
2,519 battles

Too many people are treating ranked like co-op and random, i've had a countless number of battles where ppl don't communicate, just now i had to add a entire team to my blacklist because no communication was happening. We need a new system that makes ranked battles more fun and less negative for others.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[DTM]
Alpha Tester
113 posts
3,344 battles

You blacklisted your whole team because they didn't say anything?

There seems to be quite a disconnect in logic there.

• Cool 4

[SF-A]
Members
2,848 posts
5,548 battles

Yes. Opening ranked to T5 expands the population, but it fills it with crap players. A shame really, since they seem to have given up on the whole competitive thing.

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles

I would say you aren't getting the point of Ranked Sprint.  It's to give a competitive mode to mid tier players which they wouldn't be able to access otherwise.  Less sophisticated game play should be expected.  If you are treating it like normal Ranked at T10 you are going to be disappointed and should probably remain in some other game mode. 

• Cool 3

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,092 posts
9,188 battles
20 minutes ago, You_Got_Sea_Herpes said:

Too many people are treating ranked like co-op and random, i've had a countless number of battles where ppl don't communicate, just now i had to add a entire team to my blacklist because no communication was happening. We need a new system that makes ranked battles more fun and less negative for others.

crazy tom hiddleston GIF

Your team was probably made up of players you had blacklisted before. 

• Funny 1

[PQUOD]
Members
192 posts
5,996 battles
20 minutes ago, You_Got_Sea_Herpes said:

Blacklisting people doesn't mean you won't be teamed up with them again. It just means you won't receive private messages from them.

Just ask at the beginning of the match what direction. Usually that will prompt some response. If not, then suggest one. The clock is ticking and the team needs to stick together. Small groups are not as forgiving to yolo warriors. You will get a mix of good, so-so, and bad teams. 

Sometimes it helps to take a break. It helped me.

Members
1,167 posts
501 battles

If you were on my team and I did a quick check...... I would have blacklisted you at the loading screen....

yHKbBAr.gif

.(FYI, I just blacklisted you.....)

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,291 battles
37 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

I would say you aren't getting the point of Ranked Sprint.  It's to give a competitive mode to mid tier players which they wouldn't be able to access otherwise.  Less sophisticated game play should be expected.  If you are treating it like normal Ranked at T10 you are going to be disappointed and should probably remain in some other game mode. 

While I agree, how sophisticated is bothering to use chat to communicating once in a while?

[RESP]
Beta Testers
883 posts
7,094 battles

I thought this mode existed so I can play tier 5 ships without always being matched against tier 7s...

• Funny 3

[H_]
Members
696 posts

Ranked battles that were OK, a little fun and at some point, wasted a lot of time for very little....

By the way, we don't have a built in VOIP and some of us can't type fast enough to make it worthwhile and fight a boat at the same time....

WG needs to make "ranked" a 'value added' activity with rewards big enough for us to invest our time int........otherwise, COOP produces enough 'value' with 1/2 the emotional effort to tolerate ranked.

Members
1,167 posts
501 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

While I agree, how sophisticated is bothering to use chat to communicating once in a while?

some people are just not worth wasting the time to type something that will have ZERO PERCENT chance of getting them (him) to make any significant contribution...
On the other hand... so far in all 22 games I played... the team communication was actually some of the BEST I have ever experienced in ranked, coop PVP, MIssions... ever... even the losses were close and the Comm was the best and nothing short of experienced battle calling....
Maybe its just me.... but then again, unlike those Arms race battles when most of the players seemed to be 43% or less players... these Tier five guys are pretty GD good ..... kinda like organized clubbing...

Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,159 posts
8,772 battles
3 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

some people are just not worth waiting the time to type something that will have ZERO PERCENT chance of getting them (him) to make any significant contribution...
On the other hand... so far in all 22 games I played... the team communication was actually some of the BEST I have ever experienced in ranked, coop PVP, MIssions... ever... even the losses were close and the Comm was the best and nothing short of experienced battle calling....
Maybe its just me.... 

It isn't just you. My experience in my 16 matches, the most I have ever done in ranked which should tell you something, echo's yours.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
449 posts
955 battles
1 hour ago, You_Got_Sea_Herpes said:

In-game VOIP comes to mind as a good solution (we have it in smaller pop F2P games like Mechwarrior Online, for pete's sake), beyond that, did you take the time yourself to communicate suggestions?

Members
660 posts
4,255 battles

Communication in this game is horribly overrated. Usually the only people concerned with it are terrible players who are convinced that they would be effective if they weren't being let down by the other guys who are always camping, farming damage and/or padding their stats while they nobly sacrifice for the team. You either have some idea of what you're doing and don't need me to tell you or you're clueless and any attempt to explain what to do will be ignored or completely misunderstood. 

• Bad 1

Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles

I find it amusing that people find something to complain about in this easy mode ranked season with training wheels.  Maybe they should do ranked ultra sprint where you play against bots, you could get 100 coal for ranking out...

• Funny 1

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,797 posts
18,709 battles

I was enjoying the tier 5 Mini rank games , too bad I ranked out in the  1st  24 hours of the start of rank battles

• Bad 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,331 battles

You realize that blacklisting someone doesn't prevent them from being in your matches...

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles
23 hours ago, Crucis said:

I don't know, how many battles in Random at Tier V have you seen with good communication?  For mid-tier players, Random is the highest level mode they have experienced.  They haven't been able to access Ranked and, at T5, they can't access Operations either so it's not surprising that they approach Ranked at T5 like they do Randoms at T5.  Surprisingly, the majority of the Ranked Sprint battles I've fought actually have some form of communication which kind of surprised me. 

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,291 battles
4 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

I don't know, how many battles in Random at Tier V have you seen with good communication?  For mid-tier players, Random is the highest level mode they have experienced.  They haven't been able to access Ranked and, at T5, they can't access Operations either so it's not surprising that they approach Ranked at T5 like they do Randoms at T5.  Surprisingly, the majority of the Ranked Sprint battles I've fought actually have some form of communication which kind of surprised me. 

Meh, there are times when I'd settle for mediocre communications.  :cap_old:

But I agree with your final sentence.   Honestly, if I can just get people to agree on a simple plan (i.e. AB or BC) at the start of the battle, I'm fairly content.

Members
1,240 posts
20,608 battles
On 10/23/2018 at 2:05 PM, You_Got_Sea_Herpes said:

just now i had to add a entire team to my blacklist because no communication was happening.

But isn't that just leading charge into lack of communication?

[AR]
[AR]
Members
311 posts
11,632 battles

There is that certain type of personality that you find on EVERY online video game.

The player that sucks, you try to correct them or ask for their aid, and they don't even bother to give a simple chat response. These will always be the most irritating and lowest quality of players.