Drithyl

Inter-server test clan battles

7 comments in this topic

[GRAVE]
Members
3 posts
1,823 battles

Hi,

I've been trying to organize my clan to gather enough people to play the current test T6 clan battles, but the constant cancellations, unannounced changes and short notices make it a nigh-impossible task. Currently, both Monday and Tuesday have been cancelled on the day itself, and the prime times that were originally announced are no longer the same ones in the ingame schedule (first NA time was four hours, then it was extended, now in the ingame schedule it's four hours again; whereas the asian prime time has been largely extended).

So, as it stands, this is what it looks like: https://imgur.com/a/uld9wL2

Do we know if this schedule will stand? Wednesday Asia prime time was not even mentioned in the news update either. Are Saturday and Sunday going to be maintained? Our clan will most likely try to play those two days during EU prime time.

Edited by Drithyl

[FTH]
Members
174 posts
10,673 battles

We just have to go off the assumption that it will, until it won't..I'm sorry, but that's the best answer I can come up with. The Asia prime time on Wednesday will be convenient anyways, and now they've thrown Thursday into the mix...now if they could only give us a Friday night clan battle night like everyone has asked for since it started.

[GRAVE]
Members
3 posts
1,823 battles
10 minutes ago, Purg473 said:

We just have to go off the assumption that it will, until it won't..I'm sorry, but that's the best answer I can come up with. The Asia prime time on Wednesday will be convenient anyways, and now they've thrown Thursday into the mix...now if they could only give us a Friday night clan battle night like everyone has asked for since it started.

Yeah, the Asia time is nice, but I don't see why they don't give all prime times on Wednesday then, instead of just the Asian one. Plus the issue is the lack of communication, because that Wednesday was not announced, so scrambling to get 5 people for the next early morning is not necessarily easy when you have 20-something members!

[FTH]
Members
174 posts
10,673 battles

I understand what you mean. Hell, for that matter, the Wednesday one STILL isn't showing, and the Thursday one just showed up. I'll be completely serious, and admit I figured the Wednesday primetime was a mistake, I just wasn't going to say anything to draw their attention to it and take a chance on it getting cancelled too, lol.

[ANKER]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,088 posts
3,225 battles

Welcome to the world of testing. There is a reason why they called it a test season. Unfortunately this is one of those features that we just can't test on ST due to only being one server. This means that the general users have to be guinea pigs. Sadly, as has been proven in the last 2 nights (I stayed up late too), there are still some kinks to iron out. WG added the extra day as the requirements for the rewards (5 battles on 2 different regions) would have locked you in to having to make both of the remaining sessions to participate.

I agree completely about fridays. All the prime times suck for aussies on the east coast, however friday nights would be sat morning here (if NA picked) which allows participation in 2 days per week at least.

[GRAVE]
Members
3 posts
1,823 battles

Sure, it's a test, but there are ways and ways to manage things. If the users struggle to schedule their team, then WG itself struggles as their test does not gather the required data due to very little players.

Also, I'm confused about the rewards. The way I read it, you can get the reward playing on just one server, as long as it's not *your* server. It states:

"You will have to play 10 battles, a minimum of which 5 should be played during the prime time of another region."

So, 10 battles played on EU if your original server is NA fulfills the two criteria stated by the wording:

1) 10 battles.

2) A minimum of 5 being in the prime time of another region.

Is this not so? Because if playing in two regions is indeed a requirement then I'm gonna have to (again) reschedule things with the clan. But the wording there is pretty specific, it doesn't imply at any point that two different regions need to be played in.

[WWJWD]
[WWJWD]
Members
2 posts
5,823 battles

You guys ever complete that survey they throw at us now and then?  Might be a good time to ask for a calendar of events, even if its a tentative calendar.  I know with the last survey, I unloaded about Clan Battle times and the days of the week they hold them.  Apparently others did too and it seems they are looking at this.  Even with a tentative calendar it gives us time to organize our clans and get everyone on-board with proper ships.  Its really unfair how they spring these things on us.

Edited by BajaDrifter
I can't spell

Sign in to follow this