You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Triple Barrel Tuesday - Main Guns

17 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
769 posts
5,753 battles

WG_SPB_WoWS_Wallpapers_US_BB_Montana main caliber_T10_2560x1440.jpg.jpg

Which ship has the most lethal set of triple barreled gun turrets?

From cruisers to battleships, staring down the triple barrels of an enemy vessel's main battery can be...intimidating.

Whether it's fiery effects of high explosive rounds or armor penetration shells of devastating heading at you, this is one case where it's better to give than receive.

Of all of the cruisers and battleships in the game, which triple-barreled battery deals the most destruction?

"One hundred rounds do not constitute fire power. One hit constitutes fire power." - Merritt Edson, US Marine Corps

#triplebarreltuesday

#anchorsaweigh

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

Yamato, Stalingrad, zao, conq, and dm are all pretty close

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
3,457 posts
5,653 battles

Tier for tier, I have to say Fiji's triple 6" guns truly instill fear and awe. Thanks to the cruiser’s good concealment and excellent maneuverability, when you saw those fiendish unorthodox uneven barrels pointing at you, it probably have already stripped a hefty chunk off of your hit points with their first salvo. They are like beehives, and the British AP are like bumblebees. Any respite or hesitation will be met with one painful and potentially sting after another, and all there’s left for the target of those AP is a hastily and humiliating retreat.

• Cool 1

[DTM]
Alpha Tester
113 posts
3,342 battles

Kronshtadt because I am having fun in it and my opinion is the most correct.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SYN]
Members
14,350 posts
10,224 battles

IFHE Cleveland

• Cool 2

[NDA]
Supertester
4,770 posts
13,562 battles

Its not how many how many guns are in the turret. Its how good is the captains aim and whether RNG has decided to favor him. 

For instance with a ton of luck and all the RNG the Triple Barrels of the Roma can do a lot of damage. Sadly the Roma doesn't get a lot of love from RNG. 

#BuffRomaGuns

• Cool 1

[UFFA]
Members
523 posts
25 battles
49 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Its not how many how many guns are in the turret. Its how good is the captains aim and whether RNG has decided to favor him. 

For instance with a ton of luck and all the RNG the Triple Barrels of the Roma can do a lot of damage. Sadly the Roma doesn't get a lot of love from RNG. 

#BuffRomaGuns

I will shell out more money for the premium we should have gotten with 2.0 sigma and 18km concealment. :cap_like:

91E4382E-550C-4619-A630-16272FCB498F.jpe

• Cool 1

[HINON]
7,174 posts
2,029 battles

When they behave - Roma's guns. 

No other set of guns in game gives as many citadels on well-angled battleships as she does, which is very entertaining (even while frustrating when they overpen cruisers).

• Cool 1

[UFFA]
Members
523 posts
25 battles
1 hour ago, Phoenix_jz said:

When they behave - Roma's guns. 

No other set of guns in game gives as many citadels on well-angled battleships as she does, which is very entertaining (even while frustrating when they overpen cruisers).

Which is probably the main reason for the way it is. I had a game a couple of nights ago where I only managed five hits at cruisers around 14km away. Every single one was a citadel. Probably won’t happen for another three months. :cap_fainting:when the rounds hit at range they have the angle to be devastating. Close in reduced efficiency. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,163 posts
9,613 battles
6 minutes ago, BlueByYou said:

Yamamoto/Musashi for BB

Cleveland with IFHE for cruisers

Yamamoto is the Admiral

Per turret the Cleveland is better but the Helena has that extra turret at a tier lower...both tend to have IFHE.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
7,174 posts
2,029 battles
40 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

Which is probably the main reason for the way it is. I had a game a couple of nights ago where I only managed five hits at cruisers around 14km away. Every single one was a citadel. Probably won’t happen for another three months. :cap_fainting:when the rounds hit at range they have the angle to be devastating. Close in reduced efficiency. :Smile_veryhappy:

Yeah, I think you'e exhausted your RNG supplies for a while!

At longer ranges, the (relatively) steeper angles of impact and lesser velocity help keep the shell in the enemy ship longer, so you've got a better chance of it going off inside the citadel. At closer ranges, it just punches straight through... so you either hit less, but do damage, or hit more, and do a little bit each time XD

• Cool 2

Members
3,621 posts
13,402 battles
4 hours ago, KiyoSenkan said:

15.5cm Mogami. 15 shells per broadside.

Same with Helena and Boise. 15 gun salutes that can melt a CA/CL or DD most ricky tik. The 12 6" guns on Belfast, Cleveland, and Fiji are pretty nasty too.

Members
7 posts
1,064 battles

For its tier the Emile Bertin. Those things are like lasers compared to everything else I've played at T5 and still pack a decent punch. Not sure about anything else higher yet, all of their guns are terrifying to me as I just get deleted :(

[PIZZA]
Members
708 posts
7,898 battles
5 hours ago, mr_angry_eyes said:

Kronshtadt because I am having fun in it and my opinion is the most correct.

What a total CATITUDE! You felines cannot even urinate without proper sandbox! We dogs can urinate any place whenever it is needed or not needed!