You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mrieder79

What it takes to kill a Kurfurst

108 comments in this topic

[ICBM]
Members
340 posts
5,109 battles

I started out on the west end of the map. Red team massed there and chased me all the way to the east side. Most of the time I was working on this one Kurfurst and holy cow, those things can take a beating!!! Look how much damage it took to kill him. And I wasn't the only one shooting at him, either! image.thumb.png.41a7f2e31ac3a461d7b58212325a340c.png

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,840 battles

Yea...just one of those new Japanese gunboats and a Minotaur working together can kill the Kurfurst in 2 minutes. 

[TBOW]
Members
1,253 posts
10,700 battles

GK has base 105K in Hit Points.  If the Driver plays smart, that goes along way, especially kiting, and getting a team to chase you in one.

Beta Testers
3,371 posts
2,402 battles

All it takes is spamming HE from long range.
The poor thing wont be able to dodge it, and since fires are % of max HP it's particularly tough on the poor things.
Proven by the end-battle results.  And pretty sure one of the reasons ppl whine that Fires (really DoT in general) are Overpowered.

Can't wait for the new carriers to be implemented :Smile_trollface:

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

Kurfurst is the single most HE resistant ship in the game due to generally thick armor everywhere that shatters HE shells with ease rather than being penned by them. Still takes fire damage, of course.

[ICBM]
Members
340 posts
5,109 battles
3 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Kurfurst is the single most HE resistant ship in the game due to generally thick armor everywhere that shatters HE shells with ease rather than being penned by them. Still takes fire damage, of course.

It's funny that you say that, because I find they are more vulnerable to HE than many of the tier X BBs. I believe this is becuase, although they have very heavy armor in some places, they also have an enormous superstructure. This offers a great target for DD HE spammers and there is a lot of it to hit before the whole thing gets saturated. I'm to the point that even if a GK is giving me broadside and i'm in my Khab, I just keep slinging HE because when I switch to AP so many of my shots shatter and bounce. 

• Cool 1

[ICBM]
Members
340 posts
5,109 battles
38 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

What were you driving?

Drivin' my khab.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,588 battles

Common tactic in mine is being the bullet sponge. 

Damage Control Mod 2, BoS, and fire flag means fires last half the time.

Those two 2 point skills that reduce cooldowns, plus the flag that does it, help as well. 

Me bow-on with secondaries firing from both sides, “YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!”. :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

Members
37 posts
4,008 battles

Well if you're me, it takes blundering into an area where a DD is operating too early in a match with no forward scouting and being unable to dodge the inevitable torpedoes because you are long and fat and take a kilometer to turn.

[ICBM]
Members
340 posts
5,109 battles
42 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Yea...just one of those new Japanese gunboats and a Minotaur working together can kill the Kurfurst in 2 minutes. 

That's true. The new IJN gunboats have waaay better pen than my Khab, so they melt BBs literally 2-3 times as fast. It is ridiculous how fast harugumo will destroy a BB, and that's just guns. Throw in torps, well, good night ladies.

[ICBM]
Members
340 posts
5,109 battles
Just now, HazardDrake said:

Common tactic in mine is being the bullet sponge. 

Damage Control Mod 2, BoS, and fire flag means fires last half the time.

Those two 2 point skills that reduce cooldowns, plus the flag that does it, help as well. 

Me bow-on with secondaries firing from both sides, “YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!”. :cap_rambo:

Yeah. It took a long time to kill him. I worked on him for about 5 minutes, then engaged some other targets, then he finally caught back up and I had to finish him. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,588 battles
4 minutes ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

1 well aimed Shimakaze torpedo salvo and that GK goes under in 5 seconds

Yea and how often does that happen? Not very. 

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
1,139 posts
6,812 battles

In a world where DOT negates armor, why play something armored? Lords I can imagine WoT if HE set fires. 

Edited by Gen_Saris
  • Bad 1

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,731 posts
4,763 battles

I can say this for certain.  7 Asashio Torps are not enough.  Need 8 to hit lol

[KRAK]
Members
1,286 posts
13,723 battles
1 hour ago, mrieder79 said:

I started out on the west end of the map. Red team massed there and chased me all the way to the east side. Most of the time I was working on this one Kurfurst and holy cow, those things can take a beating!!! Look how much damage it took to kill him. And I wasn't the only one shooting at him, either! image.thumb.png.41a7f2e31ac3a461d7b58212325a340c.png

Just takes a Khab with IFHE. They roast like marshmallows.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,447 posts
3,875 battles

Are people back to claiming that taking 5-10 minutes shooting a single target to equal the damage it could do in a single salvo is somehow unfair?

Are we saying a fire is equal to a citadel hit again?

You know, despite not being instantaneous, and being 100% healable?

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Bad 1

[KRAK]
Members
1,286 posts
13,723 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

He used a Khab.

Then why it take him so long? Must not have been firing at the superstructure. They burn real good compared to most other T10 BB.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,447 posts
3,875 battles
1 minute ago, Vaffu said:

Then why it take him so long? Must not have been firing at the superstructure. They burn real good compared to most other T10 BB.

Kinda hard to miss the superstructure. My bet is "Fires and HE are not as powerful as BB mains claim it is" would be the reason it took so long.

Also IFHE doesn't do anything useful for Khabarovsk's 13cm guns, last I checked? Am I wrong on that?

• Bad 1

[KRAK]
Members
1,286 posts
13,723 battles
41 minutes ago, mrieder79 said:

Drivin' my khab.

Use IFHE and Demolition Expert on your Khab. Makes a world of difference using both.

[KRAK]
Members
1,286 posts
13,723 battles
Just now, KiyoSenkan said:

Kinda hard to miss the superstructure. My bet is "Fires and HE are not as powerful as BB mains claim it is" would be the reason it took so long.

Also IFHE doesn't do anything useful for Khabarovsk's 13cm guns, last I checked? Am I wrong on that?

IFHE seems to work quite well on mine why would you think it does nothing?

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,447 posts
3,875 battles
2 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

IFHE seems to work quite well on mine why would you think it does nothing?

I'd happily be wrong, but I'm curious what armor you're penetrating with it that you couldn't pen without it.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Bad 1