Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
UltimateNewbie

Ranked Sprint - closest battle so far

5 comments in this topic

[FML]
Members
1,622 posts
9,877 battles

Just had a really close battle - I had about 1.2k HP left and had to live to win - but given there was 3 mins remaining, I couldnt let the enemy capture the epicentre by just running to the edges of the map (which is what I would have preferred to do). So, I had to engage the last Iron Duke that had about 7k HP.  This was the result: 

We lost.  

But all ships were destroyed.  

Seems a bit unfair, as we did have the points lead at the time...

Extra frustration: Just needed 1 more win to rank out :p. 

181023 Close Ranked Loss.jpg

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[FML]
Members
1,622 posts
9,877 battles
22 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

How strange did the final ship deaths occur at different moments?

Must have been the case - but you would have expected my shells not to kill the enemy if he killed me first, unless there was a tiny, tiny bit of a delay between registering damage and dying and ending the battle but with enough time for my damage to be recognised. 

[HINON]
Members
8,778 posts
10 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Must have been the case - but you would have expected my shells not to kill the enemy if he killed me first, unless there was a tiny, tiny bit of a delay between registering damage and dying and ending the battle but with enough time for my damage to be recognised. 

There is a brief moment of delay before the game ends when the victory condition is achieved. Last ranked season I had a battle where the enemy points ticked over for the win before my last volley nailed their DD. Now the final shots did hit and kill the dd but they had already achieved the 1000 point total.

[FML]
Members
1,622 posts
9,877 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

There is a brief moment of delay before the game ends when the victory condition is achieved. Last ranked season I had a battle where the enemy points ticked over for the win before my last volley nailed their DD. Now the final shots did hit and kill the dd but they had already achieved the 1000 point total.

Well, sounds like that was also a pretty close battle! :)

Sign in to follow this