Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ZARDOZ_II

Retraining Required

7 comments in this topic

[4HIM]
Members
1,698 posts
3,861 battles

Okay, before the patch I was fortunate enough to get the mission for the Icarus.  It was fairly early on.  Played it a bit along with the Gallant during the RN crates part of the RN DD event.  And I did heed the warnings which Ensign Cthulu posted and made sure the captain, who had been the one I'd used in Icarus, was in the ship prior to 7.10 dropping.  So the other night I thought I'd take out the Icarus to grind a bit toward the next ship in the tree.  Go to it in port and what do I see next to the name of the captain?  "Retraining Required".  Why?  I mean, the thing I dislike most about this game is the PAINFUL grind for captain XP.  Now I have to go and re-grind a captain that had been played in the ship prior to 7.10.  Okay WG, you got 200k silver off me.  But that DID tick me off.  

[ARGSY]
Members
5,681 posts
3,870 battles
9 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

And I did heed the warnings which Ensign Cthulu posted

My warning was to ensure that captains you did NOT want to be retrained to these ships were OUT of them. If I promised the retraining would be automatic, I am sorry. Even Gneisenau, the moderator, was caught short on that one.

[4HIM]
Members
1,698 posts
3,861 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

My warning was to ensure that captains you did NOT want to be retrained to these ships were OUT of them. If I promised the retraining would be automatic, I am sorry. Even Gneisenau, the moderator, was caught short on that one.

Don't think you ever promised that.  But I thought, given they had already been played (I think I've earned about 15k XP in it) that captain in there that he would be 'trained'.  But apparently all that was for nothing.  Given now I'll have to go through that hazing retraining, I think the RN DD line will just get put on the back burner for a while.  Never did get that play style anyway.  

[ARGSY]
Members
5,681 posts
3,870 battles
Just now, ZARDOZ_II said:

But I thought, given they had already been played (I think I've earned about 15k XP in it) that captain in there that he would be 'trained'. 

Unfortunately not, because you earned that 15K XP while they were still premiums with borrowed captains, and captains not actually delivered WITH premium ships (i.e. on purchase or winning) cannot be aligned TO premium ships. When these became non-premium, it was (again very unfortunately) just as if you'd put them straight into the ships as tech-tree.

I am leaving my Acasta and Icarus until I have finished the Valkyrie and Wakeful grinds.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
368 posts
3,279 battles

Cost me $400,000.  Of course, I figured it was coming and always intended for those skippers to stay right where I left them. 

Didn't the same thing happen in the French BB arc?

[POP]
Members
833 posts
9,436 battles

There was a warning and it didn't play out quite like it was planned.

I put my OSS Dasha in the Jervis, but then after the change she had to be retrained for Jervis.

I think the person doing the warning almost got it right, but who would have guessed about the retraining?

[ARGSY]
Members
5,681 posts
3,870 battles

I went back and looked. Here was my first warning.

I stated that captains left in these ships would "automatically begin retraining", which meant I had anticipated what actually happened.

Here was the second: 

Here I said "will be retrained, or will begin retraining", again anticipating that they might not automatically be fully retrained when the patch dropped.

By the third warning...

...I was mostly concerned that people who didn't want a particular captain to be retrained for the destroyers should ensure they got them out. Once more I used the words "begin retraining", anticipating we weren't going to get the best of both worlds.

Down-thread I admitted I didn't know how WG was going to handle the reassignments/retraining of the captains that had deliberately been left in there. Gneisenau said the captains would be retrained for the ships, but admitted later he had been misinformed. So I feel a little bit better now about what I promised or didn't promise, even if I don't feel so good about people having a very long grind to put high-points captains on some of their new DD's.

Sign in to follow this