You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
n00bot

CV's in Ranked... WHYYYY

26 comments in this topic

[PLPT]
Members
579 posts
6,484 battles

What geniuses thought that allowing a known-broken class into a 6v6 game was ok?

It's just a 1v1 CV game where I'm a pawn.  Haven't seen any CV game yet in T5 Ranked that wasn't completely determined by the CV vs CV skill, regardless of the other ships.

And don't talk about manual drop blah blah.  When one CV spots and the other goes way around the edge of the map to try to cv snipe... :Smile_facepalm:

Yes this is an old broken record boring post.  But everyone including WG accepts that CV's are a broken class so *&^@%$#&^%

Edited by n00bot
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 12

Members
280 posts
5,022 battles

[edited]

T5 CV are so easy to ignore you'd have to actually be afk to be killed by them.

Edited by turbo07
  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,328 posts
9,387 battles

With no manual drops or strafes, I'm beating the snot out of unicum CV players.

But they still get top spot on the losing team...  They play for damage.  I play for the survival of my team.

So I don't return my planes after they drop..  

I perma-spot the Kamikaze and Gremmy's -- and their torp launches, till they are down.

I spot ships around islands for my DDs so they can get a clear shot.

Sure I come in the lower half...  but it's still a win.

• Cool 4

Members
301 posts
6 battles
27 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

But they still get top spot on the losing team...  They play for damage.  I play for the survival of my team.

I perma-spot the Kamikaze and Gremmy's -- and their torp launches, till they are down.

I have a hard time believing those are unicum CV players. Even without manual drops, Zuiho can still do nasty cross drops and any unicum CV would be the snot out of a bogue with one.

Edited by pinkship9001

[TBOW]
Members
182 posts
1,560 battles

Clearly you haven’t seen @MONKEYBOMBS1945 and one of his div mates in a Texas, but I guess that’s because he ranked out using the bogue. Bogue and Texas is brutal and if you get a actually decent cv player then your team is basically unstoppable 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,267 posts
12 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

I have a hard time believing those are unicum CV players. Even without manual drops, Zuiho can still do nasty cross drops and any unicum CV would be the snot out of a bogue with one.

Not so... bogue fighters can crush the Z provided the cmdr has the points/perks all leveled up. If you / your team kill the bogue's fighters yea, you can beat the snot out of one (imho). 

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,692 posts
3,459 battles

You're getting killed by autodrops? Lol

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DENY2]
[DENY2]
Members
64 posts
1,767 battles
3 hours ago, n00bot said:

What geniuses thought that allowing a known-broken class into a 6v6 game was ok?

It's just a 1v1 CV game where I'm a pawn.  Haven't seen any CV game yet in T5 Ranked that wasn't completely determined by the CV vs CV skill, regardless of the other ships.

And don't talk about manual drop blah blah.  When one CV spots and the other goes way around the edge of the map to try to cv snipe... :Smile_facepalm:

Yes this is an old broken record boring post.  But everyone including WG accepts that CV's are a broken class so *&^@%$#&^%

Wargaming put them in to see how many people would cry about tier 5 autodrops. I mean seriously they're tier 5 CV's 

Edited by _Browncoat_

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
287 posts
13,584 battles

Now that I have ranked out here is my secret to playing CV at T5 in ranked.

1. SCOUT!!! (Keep DDs spotted and spot toros early)

2. Use your attack planes to help kill the enemy fighters (tell them to rally on your fighter when its engaged on his fighter)

3. Dont engage your fighters over the enemy ships.

4. Spec your CV for AA. (That means make your fighters as strong as possible and your CV)

5. Stay clear of texas

• Cool 3

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles
4 hours ago, The_Painted_Target said:

[edited]

T5 CV are so easy to ignore you'd have to actually be afk to be killed by them.

While your post is ignorantly offensive. It also does not address what he said. The point he is trying to make is spotting CVS vs. Sniping CVS.  I lost four straight last night due what he describes.  Our CV ran the edges in each case. Their cv permanent spotted our entire team. It's about spotting, if one CV does it and the other doesn't. ..its like having three extra dds....

[TBOW]
Members
1,178 posts
10,413 battles
7 minutes ago, _Bunyan_ said:

Now that I have ranked out here is my secret to playing CV at T5 in ranked.

1. SCOUT!!! (Keep DDs spotted and spot toros early)

2. Use your attack planes to help kill the enemy fighters (tell them to rally on your fighter when its engaged on his fighter)

3. Dont engage your fighters over the enemy ships.

4. Spec your CV for AA. (That means make your fighters as strong as possible and your CV)

5. Stay clear of texas

All this.  As a Bogue Driver I totally support this.  With the Bogue it becomes about positioning.  If you are too far from the fight you are not going to protect your team mates, if you are too close the Bogue's detection will get you killed.  Also once I get my fighter on you if you let me I will keep them near the enemy CV and not let his planes get to far from his CV, keep him from the fight, I have kept a CV from launching any additional planes.  I will park my fighters near him, and keep the enemy out of the fight if they let me.  If your CV isn't moving they are in trouble.  But my first move with fighters is to spot, get the jump on the first set of planes, I win that I win.  Bombers first to draw a Damage Control party, then 30-40 secs after use Torp Planes to put a ship on defensive as he is probably fighting a flood at that point.  Personally I am looking to hit a BB first, easy target.  I do not snipe right away unless it is an easy snipe, I usually don't need to.

[TBOW]
Members
25 posts
5,699 battles

I hear your complaints but what really makes it a broken class. Honestly tier 5 CVs is about the fairest fight any match can have. I ranked out in a Bogue. Its all about knowing how to position,spotting, little bit of luck and about trusting your team mates to help protect you since your top speed is only 17-19 knots. Never play a cv if you have anything under 12 pts invested into a captain. Heck for half my matches i had forgotten to reequip my modules on the ship. So dont call a class broken if you dont understand how to play it.

giphy.gif.ab294dd3eb3b88211129bf696d425fd9.gif

Edited by MONKEYBOMBS1945
  • Cool 2

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
2,734 posts
2,011 battles
1 hour ago, Madwolf05 said:

You're getting killed by autodrops? Lol

Zuiho with her 2 torp squadrons. You can do some things with the autodrop on that;

- Can get at least 3 torpedo hit on battleships. (of course Texas is an exception; its a freaking no fly zone until your team beat her up)

- Force the ship to maneuver unfavorably. (show that nice juicy beam to your teammates)

- Force DD to smoke early or stay in it (plus you can spot his torpedoes)

[90THS]
Members
106 posts
488 battles

T5 CVs aren't even a problem.

They're only a problem if your team has a Zuiho and the enemy team has an 11pt Bogue in a division with an AA spec Nicholas.

[SF-3]
Members
1,431 posts
7,882 battles

the lols for this thread. Do you know how many reserve planes the bogue has, after 1 strike on a BB I am probably out of torp bombers in my hanger, another strike, now I have 3 or 4 torp bombers left and no more DB in my hanger. I get 1 fighter engagement, reload, now I don't have any fighters in reserve. Sure the spotting is a problem, how about you dont yolo on your own when there is a CV in the match. You can't play every game the same way. It baffles me that people have anything to complain about in ranked sprint, its literally easy mode with no stress.

In summary, having CV problems, stick with your team, bring an AA boat, bring your own CV.

• Cool 2

[90THS]
Members
106 posts
488 battles
4 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Sure the spotting is a problem,

It's not even a problem tbh. If the CV is in a position to permaspot the only ship type where being permaspotted would be an issue at T5 (DDs), then the match has gone so far south that it doesn't matter anyways.

[SHAFT]
Members
161 posts
9,970 battles
3 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

You sir are as rare as an honest politician.

Most of the games I've been in ranked with CVs the IJN goes almost immediately for the carrier snipe, while the USN loses most of their planes going hard at a BB.

Suffice to say those games did not end well. When I play these low tier CVs I try to adopt a similar strat to you, be the eyes for the team and deny the enemy cv from dropping on my dds, damage comes secondary.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles
3 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

Vision control is everything in this game.  Scant few players understand this.

Kudos to you.

• Cool 2

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,769 posts
12,878 battles

There are no T5 CVs in WOWs.  Just obsolete cruisers with shaved masts, wooden planks, and paper planes...and bombs and torps that tickle. Well...mostly tickle. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,741 posts
6,703 battles
7 hours ago, n00bot said:

It's easy to avoid CV games though. Just dont stay around in the queue when there is two carriers in there.

[TBOW]
Members
1,178 posts
10,413 battles
1 hour ago, Kevs02Accord said:

the lols for this thread. Do you know how many reserve planes the bogue has, after 1 strike on a BB I am probably out of torp bombers in my hanger, another strike, now I have 3 or 4 torp bombers left and no more DB in my hanger. I get 1 fighter engagement, reload, now I don't have any fighters in reserve. Sure the spotting is a problem, how about you dont yolo on your own when there is a CV in the match. You can't play every game the same way. It baffles me that people have anything to complain about in ranked sprint, its literally easy mode with no stress.

In summary, having CV problems, stick with your team, bring an AA boat, bring your own CV.

Interesting, I am rarely out of planes at the end of the game unless I am the last one alive.  Also, I take a look at the enemy AA ratings to know who to go after first.  If it a tad higher than I like, I wait for some HE damage to get done, and concentrate on keep the enemy CV under control.

[SF-3]
Members
1,431 posts
7,882 battles
2 minutes ago, GrimmeReaper said:

Interesting, I am rarely out of planes at the end of the game unless I am the last one alive.  Also, I take a look at the enemy AA ratings to know who to go after first.  If it a tad higher than I like, I wait for some HE damage to get done, and concentrate on keep the enemy CV under control.

Yeah, I am probably being over aggressive with my strikes. Not used to play T5 CVs and having such a low amount of planes in hanger.

[TBOW]
Members
1,178 posts
10,413 battles
1 minute ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Yeah, I am probably being over aggressive with my strikes. Not used to play T5 CVs and having such a low amount of planes in hanger.

Yeah there are a lot of Texas's in Ranked, and you have to wait for them to get beat up some.  Even a Guilio with an AA build can be a problem.   People hate to see my Texas as I has my 19pt AA Specced Monty Captain on it.  Bringing the rating up to around 80.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,728 posts
9,439 battles

I run my Gremmy when CVs are high. It has a much better AA rating than the Kamikaze’s and will actually down planes.