Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
That1Villain

Akizuki, most fun I've had since open beta test

5 comments in this topic

Members
59 posts
4,420 battles

After not seriously playing for a long time decided to finally grind out the japanese gun boats and holy crap the akizuki is a terror at t8, this should be quite an interesting line to play :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[NGA-B]
Members
1,228 posts
7,658 battles

Careful. There are quite a few players (spread fairly evenly among BBs, CLs/CAs, and DDs) that hate the Aki-types because of how potent they are. It is worth noting that they are rather slow and fat for DDs. Just ask the poor SoB I Dev Struck in my Grosser Kurfurst in Ranked.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,668 posts
8,063 battles

If you like Akizuki you should definitely go for Kitakaze. Harugumo isn't as good as BBies like to describes but Kitakaze is really a gem.

Anyway, just enjoy those gunboat while they are good, someday WG will heavily nerf them because IJN ships in this game are supposed to be garbage from WG (and some people here in the forum) standart.

Edited by AlcatrazNC

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,760 posts
11,146 battles

I have been playing my harugamo these last couple of days, and all I can say is farewell karma points as I spam/rain he on these large BB, and when I get spotted I have 5-7 ships all target me from across the map, but in truth I just love the dakka dakka of it, it is so ridiculous and fun at the same time, so once you get through the aki you will have more pain to deliver to these meandering bb.

[HEROS]
Members
1,410 posts
11,837 battles

Welcome to the dark side my apprentice!  You will democratize fear to you enemies!.

Kitakaze is a faster and more agile and frankly more able Akizuki,  and can be set up to rain death at 17.2 Km so Aki on 'roid's.   It dumps  its triple mount 25mm AA for 40mm twin mounts bofers.  It also get the option of switching to either 8 Km  super fast torpedo's or the intermediate rank 12 k torps. and also add a 6th tube.

Harugomo a little longer and doesn't turn as well and a little slower but get a little bit more AA, same torps options and a 5th twin mount 100mm DP turret.  And the same option to set it up for 17.2 Km main gun range.

Changes to the HE performance and penetration values  mean that IFHE is no longer absolutely essential and might even help free up sufficient commander skill points to take Incendiary expert and raise the fire chance significantly.

Very dangerous ships.. But the IJN gun boat line DD's are BIG destroyers so you can be disturbingly easy to hit.   Always stay aware of your situation and always be ready to go guns silent and bug out.  The bigger the match map typically the happier you will be as sometimes you need room to run!

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this