Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Th3KrimzonD3mon

The Joys of Midnight Co-op

13 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
5,868 posts
4,001 battles
5 hours ago, The_Painted_Target said:

Now imagine how much XP you would have earned if you actually did that in randoms.

I'd like to know what flags and camo he had on. Inflating 1000 base XP to nearly 7000 overall is quite the feat. What was your secret, @Th3KrimzonD3mon?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,493 posts
10,211 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'd like to know what flags and camo he had on. Inflating 1000 base XP to nearly 7000 overall is quite the feat. What was your secret, @Th3KrimzonD3mon?

Well for starters he capped, had 11 defense ribbons, and shot down 29 planes so that right there will help. I am curious what the ships are he did damage on? Was it DD's and Cruisers or BB's? My best guess would be a lot of DD and Cruiser which pays more. That's a good game either way but to get those kinds of numbers in Co-op, even with the good game and things done, you still need camo/flag bonuses. Pretty sure there are quite a few Dragon flags involved there and  then some decent camo. Looks like he is running one of these new Ovechkin event camo's from the screenshots so that alone is a big boost to XP. The credits are very high for a Co-op tech tree T9 too so again dragon flags and probably some or all of the newer ones (3).

[ARGSY]
Members
5,868 posts
4,001 battles
17 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Well for starters he capped, had 11 defense ribbons, and shot down 29 planes so that right there will help.

Oh I know about that - I've had the occasional thousand-XP game in co-op when all the stars align and I know what needs to be done to reap the best rewards. But the flag boost is impressive.

Members
488 posts
2,047 battles

I really hate how they now fill in a bot cv on your team. Before I left people wanted bot BBs instead of DDs another case of WG not listening?

[PVE]
Members
5,366 posts
17,840 battles
13 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

I really hate how they now fill in a bot cv on your team. Before I left people wanted bot BBs instead of DDs another case of WG not listening?

I initially was against putting a bot carrier on the human team because it seemed like I had to compete with a friendly bot for damage/kills. Luckily the carrier AI sucks and they are nearly useless so my opinion has changed a bit. Since I play mainly battleships and cruisers when not in a carrier myself, and they are almost all spec'd for AA, I like it. Often I am at the top of the heap on the scoreboard with only one or two kills but my plane slaughtering ability and my tendency to get fires burning on any red I see then switch targets to get them burning will give me the better score with fewer actual kills. The other thing I like about having a bot cv on the human team is when you have those rare games where you are taking a pounding and your team is starting to collapse, I can flee the action towards the friendly carrier and once the red bots spot it, will ignore me and shoot at it giving me a breather to regroup and counterattack. Gaming the AI can be fun and rewarding! 

Members
488 posts
2,047 battles
46 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I initially was against putting a bot carrier on the human team because it seemed like I had to compete with a friendly bot for damage/kills. Luckily the carrier AI sucks and they are nearly useless so my opinion has changed a bit. Since I play mainly battleships and cruisers when not in a carrier myself, and they are almost all spec'd for AA, I like it. Often I am at the top of the heap on the scoreboard with only one or two kills but my plane slaughtering ability and my tendency to get fires burning on any red I see then switch targets to get them burning will give me the better score with fewer actual kills. The other thing I like about having a bot cv on the human team is when you have those rare games where you are taking a pounding and your team is starting to collapse, I can flee the action towards the friendly carrier and once the red bots spot it, will ignore me and shoot at it giving me a breather to regroup and counterattack. Gaming the AI can be fun and rewarding! 

Another change that would be nice, if it isn't already in, would be if green bot damage/kills would be given to human players. I hate when they suicide full heath into each other.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,745 posts
7,373 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Frenchie camo, special signals, plus India Delta, just in case the bots actually hurt me and I needed to repair more. I don't use premium consumables in co-op. I'm not on the comp with the screen grabs currently, but as I recall, it was a couple cruisers, couple of BB's, the CV, I honestly don't recall if I got one or both of the DD's. It was late. Lol. I may have gotten all 3 cruisers.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,577 posts
3,740 battles
11 hours ago, The_Painted_Target said:

Now imagine how much XP you would have earned if you actually did that in randoms.

And how much grief and frustrations would it take before that actually happens from the amount of losses or quick/uneventful deaths on wins with daily bonus being wasted on.

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
959 posts
6,385 battles
6 hours ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

The bot CV on player team is one of the worst decisions they've made in a while. It's pretty much a wasted slot, and you see from the image how many planes it shot down. 

The problem lies in the programming. The bot CV keeps its fighters in orbit until enemy planes are spotted, so by the time fighters arrive the enemy bombers have already attacked and are on their return trip. Bot CVs won't attack planes that are returning, so the fighters get called back to orbit the CV... repeat ad-infinitum. I'd rather have an AFK player than a bot CV on my team. 

• Cool 1

Members
426 posts
6,213 battles
1 hour ago, Vader_Sama said:

And how much grief and frustrations would it take before that actually happens from the amount of losses or quick/uneventful deaths on wins with daily bonus being wasted on.

Exactly; when the shot to pieces every single battle almost regardless of tier AI ships are better & more aggressive than a significant majority of the playerbase, something is wrong with the game for causing that to even be a thing.

Members
488 posts
2,047 battles
26 minutes ago, Soylent_Red_Isnt_People said:

Exactly; when the shot to pieces every single battle almost regardless of tier AI ships are better & more aggressive than a significant majority of the playerbase, something is wrong with the game for causing that to even be a thing.

People take the wrong lessons from randoms mostly. They think aggression equals bad when it's actually improper aggression which is bad 

Sign in to follow this